Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Cross play rocks - I'll be playing with Hatorade Hatorade - We now will have this and Monster Hunter Rise. Guessing we will kick some ass in MHR and max out waiting for the patch and then shootie shootie? Can do voice chat for all interested in Discord. Threw my apple earpods on the phone and it worked very well while playing MHR and even though I had my sound somewhat cranked on MHR over the speaker system I have, Hatorade couldn't hear it 95% of the time so that's good.

Unless crossplay enables voice cross play which would be nice. (I'll be on PS5)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I really enjoyed the demo, and been looking forward to release.

I'm still debating between the Devastator and the Trickster.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Cross play instructions - Since it isn't using a universal account, there is a code to enter - other than that fairly similar.

Didn't see anything on how comms work unless I missed it. SO fall back would be discord on a phone in one of our channels.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Watching Sacriel play this and the game just outright crashing is pretty much what I expected. Can't wait to see what network issues ensue on the 1st.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Watching Sacriel play this and the game just outright crashing is pretty much what I expected. Can't wait to see what network issues ensue on the 1st.
Yeah the demo kicked me out mid mission due to network issue, likely wait until Sunday to load this up with Heko.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is coming out at the perfect time IMO for Squeenix. Other looter shooters are in the seasonal dumps, no new shit to be had anywhere else. Gaming as a whole is lacking right now other than Valheim surprise. SO yeah they will make bank. I will play it although I still say that this game feels generic as fuck. Dont know why and cant put my finger on it.

It is generic as it gets. I wasn't going to grab this, but there isn't anything else out right now. Hell I'm still playing Godfall.

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
This game feels generic as fuck until you realize the execution has potential.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Finished the demo last night. My first time playing something on PS4 and on PC and seeing the difference. Wow the console version was dogshit in comparison. I'll probably be in on PC, but not on Day 1.

A couple side notes / questions on loot and world tiers:
- I found when going through the demo, I could usually play at the highest world tier level available when fighting trash mobs. But the Captains just fucked my shit up. Them getting immunity to interrupts was some bullshit. I assume that is probably the case because I was not in a full set of max level gear for my level / tier? I'm getting decked out in level 9s now and will go back and see what effect that has.
- After you clear the solar tower, there is a loot run that gets you 4 chests and you don't have to fight anyone. Exit out, reset the story point, lather rinse repeat. I'm not surprised by this, but I'm always a little annoyed when the most efficient way to get loot is some method that doesn't involve actually playing the game.
- I'd expect my progression to probably be something along the lines of doing the campaign on some easier tier, then leveling up world tiers by replaying an easy mission on the highest available tier (you only gain progress towards the next tier if you are on that highest available tier). Every so often switching to that loot run to upgrade my gear to the max available for my level / tier.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
^^ Fyi if you have a PS5 it runs buttery smooth at 60 FPS - Pretty sure it was dynamic but couldn't really tell.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
- After you clear the solar tower, there is a loot run that gets you 4 chests and you don't have to fight anyone. Exit out, reset the story point, lather rinse repeat. I'm not surprised by this, but I'm always a little annoyed when the most efficient way to get loot is some method that doesn't involve actually playing the game.
They either gutted or outright zeroed the drop rate of legendaries from those chest runs. So while it's fast and easy, you won't really get anything that useful. Decent way to get a full set of blue armor with the mods you want prior to launch, that's about it.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I haven't followed this really close but I have a couple questions. Is there any class/abilities that are overpowered and is there any class that is better solo? I imagine I'll burn out on this game quickly (I usually do with looter shooters) and I just want to get maximum fun out of this.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well considering 90% of streamers streaming this game right now are running trixter, I would imagine trixter is FOTM

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I haven't followed this really close but I have a couple questions. Is there any class/abilities that are overpowered and is there any class that is better solo? I imagine I'll burn out on this game quickly (I usually do with looter shooters) and I just want to get maximum fun out of this.

Trickster or Devastator as far as the demo goes, but that's only up to level 7 so not a great gauge of anything passed about 2 or so hours into the game

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SO after watching some streams of this game, I decided against buying it. Still say that this shit is just too generic. Every stream I see its like the same shit, no matter what level, and how far in the game they are. SOLIDFPS is already at end game tier 14 out of 15 and its running like 5-6 maps over and over again to rise up the tiers.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They either gutted or outright zeroed the drop rate of legendaries from those chest runs. So while it's fast and easy, you won't really get anything that useful. Decent way to get a full set of blue armor with the mods you want prior to launch, that's about it.
Chests no longer drop legendary items.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SO after watching some streams of this game, I decided against buying it. Still say that this shit is just too generic. Every stream I see its like the same shit, no matter what level, and how far in the game they are. SOLIDFPS is already at end game tier 14 out of 15 and its running like 5-6 maps over and over again to rise up the tiers.

I wonder if he got hit with the "cheater" tag, since he abused the fuck out of the time skip. People in his chat said he was using his demo account, but who knows.

As far as "endgame", its the same as any other "looter" type game at its release. Limited, repetitive grind. As far as I can tell, he (SolidFPS) hasn't unlocked all the expeditions and is just grinding to level up his world tier at the moment.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
HUH? hes tier 15 expeditions, eye of the storm bro. And he does not cheat he grinds like a mo-fo and he had early access since yesterday (ambassador early access)

Capture0001.PNG

He said it took him 6 hours to grind through story (skip cutscenes and no side missions) rest was grinding the end game which BTW he sais is hard as fuck content for solo.

• 1Like