Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd love to try that, but right now there's probably a 5% chance your stash gets wiped when you do.
I misunderstood the reddit post. Its the otherway around, at least as they described it. They took stuff OUT of the Stash onto an alt character to try and save them from being wiped, but the crash somehow replaced those items in the Stash. Still scary though that this could even happen or be done on purpose (I'm sure it can).

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm not going to chance it.
I just stacked up 9 of the ARs and did the trick for about an hour, got a 368.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
How to get a nice weapon, if you have the Hells Rangers stuff. Saw Gladd do this today, similar to what I did, but they figured out what FP you needed.

Make a new character. Get to the Stash, grab the Hells Rangers weapon (for me it was the AR). Put in the general stash. Swap back to main character and the the weapon. Take the weapon to Zahedi and change the Variant (for me it was to Tactical). If the firepower changes to 359+, keep it. Upgrade it to Epic, then level it up. A 359fp epic AR, when lvl'd to 50 has 90.9fp.

If the Variant change doesn't give you 359+, just Alt-F4 (without exiting the change variant screen). Log back in and repeat.

How are you guys changing the variant? It's greyed out for me.

WTF.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think it opens up for you just like the mods, you had to have one scrapped that had it? which is odd that you didnt when youre at end game, maybe im wrong.

Also rerolled to techno last night from my trickster, and holy shit this dude is fucking OP compared to trickster. So much more fun when you jsut want to shoot shit in the face.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
It's per level, different weapons unlock their variants at different levels. So this particular trick does not work on the shotguns.
You might be able to level it once for a similar trick but I don't think anyone knows what the firepower should be at 11.

FWIW, a 361 AR goes to 408 at lvl 11. So anything above that should be good. Honestly though I don't think it's worth it for a Shotgun. The AR has Shrapnel, which is good through CT15 gold. The shotguns have Vuln II and Claymore, which are comparatively trash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How are you guys changing the variant? It's greyed out for me.

View attachment 347543
I haven't tried any other weapon aside from the AR. This will work on any blue weapon though, the Hells Ranger stuff was used due to their default mods. Like if you found a blue, lvl10 auto shotty out in the wild with a base dmg of 359+ (assuming every weapon type scales the same), you could lvl it.

I did some testing on Hells Ranger armor / weapon to see how they scaled up based on whether you level them as Blues or Epics. There appears to no difference. Both blue / epic armor will get a 10.X% increase per level, and the weapons will get a 12.X% per level. A blue will get a 5% boost when going to Epic, so a max base dmg Blue might be able to have a higher max dmg / armor than an Epic.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW where is that hells ranger shit at? Steam purchase says I have it, but I dont know how to claim.

Hosix

All labs matter!
BTW where is that hells ranger shit at? Steam purchase says I have it, but I dont know how to claim.

Mine was in my stash. I had no clue this gear existed. I am dumb.

Side note.....crashes way down. I played 7hrs with my kids over the weekend. We had 4 crashes. My youngest complained he was getting no legendaries as my oldest got the ice sniper at wt8. Then at wt11 my youngest gets 4 legendaries in an hour. RNG......

Cybsled

I've only had 1 legendary drop in the wild as a random mob drop. The plague coat for Techno. Thing looks awesome, but the stats aren't that hot. Game really needs a transmog system.

• 1Like

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing this on Xbox with 2 friends. Got up to 23. Tonight the game crashed, which it’s been doing quite a bit for all 3 of us. When I logged back on my character in lobby was naked. Every time I try to log on with that character, it gives a server error. But I can play on other characters fine.

I go look it up on Reddit and, sure enough, it’s happening to others too. Full inventory wipe PLUS corrupts character and makes that character unplayable. They say they’re working on restoring inventories but it could take WEEKS. No word yet on corrupt characters. Also, they put in a server side “fix” for this a day or so ago only to discover it now happens more often.

The number of crashes in this game is alarming, but we were still going to power through. This lose-your-character bug is probably enough for us to stop playing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah it sucks but at least they communicated about it and working on it. Honestly leveling in this game is pretty trivial you can get max lv in a good 8 hr gaming session just rushing story. The equipment thing sucks though but they throw so much of it at you in this game its also not a problem if you just make another. I got to lv 16 in like 4 hours yesterday just rushing through shit to level up a techno. LOl im typing this shit as my game just crashed. But hey I dont blame anyone that throws this shit to the garbage can after a bug that wipes hours and hours of your progress.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing this on Xbox with 2 friends. Got up to 23. Tonight the game crashed, which it’s been doing quite a bit for all 3 of us. When I logged back on my character in lobby was naked. Every time I try to log on with that character, it gives a server error. But I can play on other characters fine.

I go look it up on Reddit and, sure enough, it’s happening to others too. Full inventory wipe PLUS corrupts character and makes that character unplayable. They say they’re working on restoring inventories but it could take WEEKS. No word yet on corrupt characters. Also, they put in a server side “fix” for this a day or so ago only to discover it now happens more often.

The number of crashes in this game is alarming, but we were still going to power through. This lose-your-character bug is probably enough for us to stop playing.
If you and your friends bought the game, you should be able to get a refund via MS, at least according to reddit, as MS considers the inventory wipe bug a game breaking bug (as in unplayable). Also, you won't get your exact gear back, stats and mods will be different.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
He's on Xbox so likely GamePass. I finished the main story on Pyromancer but now playing with friends as a Devastator. I really like how you can get some pretty crafty builds that work well with the mods you have access to. Without the crafting system this would be a shitshow.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah it sucks but at least they communicated about it and working on it. Honestly leveling in this game is pretty trivial you can get max lv in a good 8 hr gaming session just rushing story. The equipment thing sucks though but they throw so much of it at you in this game its also not a problem if you just make another. I got to lv 16 in like 4 hours yesterday just rushing through shit to level up a techno. LOl im typing this shit as my game just crashed. But hey I dont blame anyone that throws this shit to the garbage can after a bug that wipes hours and hours of your progress.
I had my first character get borked just after hitting 30. Ran a second character through the main story, no side quests, ended at level 26 in less than 4 hours. This game has A LOT of cut scenes. You can easily do level 30 in less than 5 hours.

World Rating doesn't matter so set it at 1. You get the same exp no matter what. Equip two shot guns in case one runs out of ammo. Run up and blast everything in the face. Use your bullet skill on elites but everything else gets one shot.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The shitty controls in this game are really starting to get to me.

can't cast while moving, can't restock while moving and dodge while sprinting, etc.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The shitty controls in this game are really starting to get to me.

can't cast while moving, can't restock while moving and dodge while sprinting, etc.
I can cast my turrets and cold snap while sprinting, but doing so puts me back at a normal run. Pretty sure I've reloaded while moving as well.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You wanna be able to restock at an ammo crate while sprinting past it? Am I reading that right?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I can cast my turrets and cold snap while sprinting, but doing so puts me back at a normal run. Pretty sure I've reloaded while moving as well.

My game is doing really strange shit. Like now my mouse controls discord when I'm in this game only. Jumps through channels, mutes, unmutes, silences. No issues in any other game.

Think I'm going to shelf this one for awhile.