Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Cybsled

Just farming missions or hunts I suppose?

Pretty much. You can reset the museum, hunt, and bounty quests and redo them. You still get a legendary after you beat all 10, so it's pretty much the most reliable way of getting legendaries until you can get to a higher expedition tier.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Heads up. Do NOT go two tiers below what you have access to in expeditions. So if you have access to a tier 10 expedition, do not do it at tier seven. It will be about doing it on tier 10. Tier 8 you're fine.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Yeah downscaling is proper fucked. Anything more than 2 levels below you and your gear becomes comparatively worse than it would be at that level.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
People are freaking out about the downscaling on Reddit for some reason. Thank you for the explanation though, I didn't know the specifics. They were making it out to be like you could accidentally progress too far and fuck yourself. Which still might be the case. But wiggle room of 2 tiers if you just wanted to speed farm more casually seems reasonable.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why would there be any downscaling at all? Makes absolutely zero sense solo, and for MP who cares if people want to carry their friends to get them up to speed so they have to spend less time running shitty low tier ones that give them no rewards.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I agree, but as with all things on Reddit people are taking [bad thing I heard] and blowing it up as [worst mechanic ever implemented]. There is this massive narrative now that when you successfully go up a tier, upgrade your gear, then go back to the one you just cleared to farm, you are somehow worse off than before. The truth is you get a massive power boost, people are just fucking dumb and probably don't realize their semi-permanent Golem buff (from bugged Emergency Stance mod) has fallen off because they traveled somewhere else to check a vendor.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
90% of the time after it activates, it stays on permanently. Even between Expeditions, so long as you don't travel away from the Outriders camp.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So jimmies rustled...did an expedition on tier 10 with a random group. Wasn’t successful. Get warped back and go to collect loot? Cause you still get some shitty blue/purples. Got kicked as I popped the loot. No loot for me!

Lol wtf

Cybsled

So after hours of fucking around with the Hellrider gun thing, I look online to see if there is a weapon calculator. From what I could find, it sounds like the firepower of a weapon increases by like approximately 15% per level. So I plug in the gun I am currently using and turns out it will end up being 91k+ in firepower by 50, and its stats are crit/long range/close range damage. I already was using a god roll and didnt even realize it lol

Now I can't get rid of these stupid hellrider guns shitting up my inventory lol

• 1Solidarity

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Now I can't get rid of these stupid hellrider guns shitting up my inventory lol
Make an alt, run through the 5 minute intro sequence. Pull all the useless shit from your stash and delete the character.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Devastator melee build is crazy fun so long as you have melee-attack mapped to something convenient. It's very effective for those 'swarm' style expeditions where Pyromancer gets overwhelmed.

Problem is that there's so many mods I want to use but am stuck due to limits only changing one mod per item. Legendary set gear, however, seems kinda 'meh' as the stats aren't exactly optimized and the set bonuses leave a lot to be desired.

• 1Like

Cybsled

The legendary armor for sure is pretty meh. Biggest thing going for armor is you can only equip 2 tier III mods to legendary equipment, but for that to matter, you still need the legendary armor to have a REALLY good T3 mod on it. I'm using some shitty stat boots because it mods fixing wave to insta refil my current ammo mag, which gives me a free clip of decay bullets, then I slapped on another T3 mod to the boots besides that one (elites do 25% less damage to you).

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
Stability seems to have improved. Though twice during expeditions I spawned naked. I about murdered someone.

My son switched his devastator to some seismic build? His damage soared as he isn’t really shooting. He just built up anomaly power.

Legendary weps look so cool. It just stinks I haven’t gotten one I can actually use. I have the techno legendary chest that mobs froze by the aoe explode for large damage. It’s pretty fun,

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Seismic is also the build for melee Devastator. Melee is technically a skill and so uses anomaly power. Add in the mods for 100% bonus melee damage and 50% shorter cool down on melee attacks and you can just crush crush crush only pausing to fire a could of shots to activate longer cool down 'on shot' gun mods.

Cybsled

I've seen stuff that anomoly build Pyros are like the ultimate support. Like they can push technomancer DPS to insane levels.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Seismic is also the build for melee Devastator. Melee is technically a skill and so uses anomaly power. Add in the mods for 100% bonus melee damage and 50% shorter cool down on melee attacks and you can just crush crush crush only pausing to fire a could of shots to activate longer cool down 'on shot' gun mods.

Only fire gun to activate that tier 3 mod sandstorm every 5 seconds

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Trickster's done, think I'll try Pyro next.
Crafting from green/blue vendor gear (especially pre-lvl21) beats hoping for good purples with 4/5ths of a perfect roll.

outriders-trickster-pump-exosuit.png

• 1Like