Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Cybsled

That fight with the 2 shamans at the palace is bullshit. They are way too tanky and they fly around like Superman tossing beams at you, then captains come out. I had to reduce my WT to beat that fight

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That fight with the 2 shamans at the palace is bullshit. They are way too tanky and they fly around like Superman tossing beams at you, then captains come out. I had to reduce my WT to beat that fight

That's one of the few fights in the game that I really felt was bullshit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

The final fight was easier over all, but made harder by the massive slowdown I got on my PC due to that tornado shit in the background. Yay 10 frames a second lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Shaman fight was a serious difficulty change. My first pass through, before I knew better, I was playing at a higher WT and it was the first thing I lowered the WT for. The heal was the worst for me. I'd finally get him close and have to back off and dude would full heal.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Does world tier experience slow down? Ive gone from 12 to 17 and still havent filled up tier 6 for tier 7. I got to the trench areawhich unlocked a bunch of kill/hunt missions so i went back and did all those. Got a bunch of epic gear and got 5 character levels but only got like 90% of the world tier bar

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Mostly based on mission completions. You can repeat a monster hunt like 15x to grind out a tier.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does world tier experience slow down? Ive gone from 12 to 17 and still havent filled up tier 6 for tier 7. I got to the trench areawhich unlocked a bunch of kill/hunt missions so i went back and did all those. Got a bunch of epic gear and got 5 character levels but only got like 90% of the world tier bar
Are you dying at all? That's a pretty big hit to your current tier.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
The exp system in the game is kind of odd in that you can go from 1-30 at WT1 by just doing the main story with a few side quests sprinkled in. You only earn WT exp by killing mobs and most of the best gear is going to come from challenge tiers/expeditions which world tiers don't affect or matter. If you want to farm WT exp, then pick the story point in First City where you have to reach the other side of the river. Load it up on the highest WT and when you get to the other side of the bridge, return to lobby, pick it again, and re-run it.

There are several other locations in the game that you can run like this if you get bored at First City.

Cybsled

The game also shows you how much WT XP you will earn. Typically it is rewarded when you clear all the enemies in a specific area encounter or a mission.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Ah WT exp is only from mobs. That explains it. I got a bunch of exp from completing the hunt side quests which are like 20 mobs and a boss only. Good for character and gear, bad for wt leveling. And yeah i read up about it and that river quest in the first city where you kill tons of perforas is best for grinding WTs cus its just non stop mobs.

Edit: wait is challenge tiers different from world tiers? Im still new doing the campaign, i thought you had to unlock all the world tiers to equip higher level items? Is challenge tiers a layer on top of that that unlocks better gear?

Last edited:

Cybsled

Holy shit, solo expeditions piss me off so much. In co-op, you get a self-res or your teammate can get you up. Die in a solo expedition? Sorry, doesn't matter that there was only 1 enemy left in the entire run, now you gotta do the entire thing from scratch.

I fucking hate that so fucking much.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone been able to find all the journals to complete the accolades? I've scoured like every inch of the levels and still missing about 10. My ocd is driving me up the wall trying to find them all. I swear they are missing some.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Holy shit, solo expeditions piss me off so much. In co-op, you get a self-res or your teammate can get you up. Die in a solo expedition? Sorry, doesn't matter that there was only 1 enemy left in the entire run, now you gotta do the entire thing from scratch.

I fucking hate that so fucking much.

Ya...this is bullshit. You should get at least one Rez or maybe two when you go solo.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got up to like expedition 4-9 today just in a few hours solo today. The gear grind is real. Most drops are trash tier. So youre kinda stuck at a level below until you get more shit, rinse and repeat. Its cool and all but they throw so much shit at you in one time its kinda nerve racking and it gets annoying. There is also no power fantasy here either, because you jsut grind for the levels to fight shit higher level so you never really feel more powerful.

Cybsled

I feel powerful on my techno, except when they throw bullshit at you. Like today I got to the end of one of the missions where it throws a bloodseeker at you and like a swarm of zerg. So I get past that, then it spawns 2 crawlers on opposite ends of the area spamming their stupid beam attacks that can one shot you if not careful and another wave of zerg. I'm so busy trying not to die to the swarm of shit that the crawlers nuke me down because I never get a chance to down them fast enough.

Or when stuff insta-spawns behind you and gets in a bunch of free hits before you can react.

I did get some legendary boots with a nice mod - when I use healing wave, it completely refills my mag. 45s c/d. So basically I have 3 mags of decay bullets guaranteed, even if I can't get the "refill on kill /w less than 30% ammo" to proc. Pretty nice, except when I have to use heal not to die and waste the effect lol

Also, I haven't run them yet, but some missions COST resources to run. Do you get super nice rewards, or is it the same shit?

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got up to like expedition 4-9 today just in a few hours solo today. The gear grind is real. Most drops are trash tier. So youre kinda stuck at a level below until you get more shit, rinse and repeat. Its cool and all but they throw so much shit at you in one time its kinda nerve racking and it gets annoying. There is also no power fantasy here either, because you jsut grind for the levels to fight shit higher level so you never really feel more powerful.
The gear grind isn't that bad. Sell anything not purple. You then buy gear upgrades. You get an upgrade every 2-3 gold expeditions so every 20 to 30 minutes. Once you have a solid piece of gear, just buff it out at Zahedi and you will use it forever.

The power level definitely feels fine to me. When you go from struggling to do CT1 when you first finish the story to Golding CT3 with ease it feels like an accomplishment. Getting to that next tier always feels great.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Purple gear is mostly shit because it's locked into at least 1 of the mods. So you need it to roll 3/3 stats and 1/2 mods to be useful.

Best way to get good gear is to check the vendors in Rift Town, Trench Town, Forest, and Bailey and Tiago every 30 mins. Find blues or greens with the 3 stats you want. If you want to really go hard, you can check on multiple characters. Hell, you can even get an alt to gear level 20 and gamble for the third stat when upgrading to 21.

You can also cheese the upgrade process; improve rarity to epic, quickly eye the 3 mods. If it's not a T2 you want, Alt+F4 immediately. If you wait too long you will end up with one auto-selected or a purple piece with no T2, so it's best if you know the mods by appearance. Best to do this from the Outrider camp; load in, wait for auto-save to stop spinning, talk to Zahedi, upgrade, Alt+F4 if you don't want any of the 3.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem also is the upgrade costs of platinum too. There is no way I can upgrade every piece of purple at my lv9 expedition. I can maybe get my weapon upgraded and thats it. I dont know how you guys are upgrading your shit when I get maybe 200-300 plats from expedition drops and gear I dismantle.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Sell drop pod resources to Tiago and you can buy all the leather, iron, and titanium from Bailey.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally beat the game last night after going fairly slowly through it. Finished at WT 12, level 30 way before the final missions. Overall, I really enjoyed this game and the Techno class was a great solo class.

Promptly finished and did all the Expeditions that were open to me solo - the one with the zerging elites in that big garden area throwing stuff all over, flying mobs, etc was the toughest one solo but managed it fairly easily in about 8 minutes.

Going to get back on this evening and try to farm that AR deal to get me a 90k one.

Whats the best way to go from 12-15 WT after beating the story? Just farming missions or hunts I suppose?