Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the game turns out to be as surprisingly fun as Remnants, I'll be super happy.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Interesting Sounds like all the OG guys at PCF weren't on the team for Outriders.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Will wait to just see flat out gameplay before I pass judgement.

Gotta love that cringe trailer dialogue, though.

I also echo the Remnant sentiment - that game was great minus the final boss.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hopefully it's not locked to 3 player groups, but I need to see gameplay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Every fight is just the dude running circles around the mobs and firing into them with a shotgun and slow bubbles. Looks like it would be fun for about an hour til you had that shit mastered.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
At the first panel for this at PAX East. It's a bit awkward as it's clear that some SQuenix types were meant to be here.

I really like that this is not a game as a service but has a strong single story in the box with an actual end. They seem like they have bigger ideas for a universe but that the game is, itselfz self contained and not waiting for an endgame whose story never manifests. After Destiny and Anthem and being left with unfinished stories this is VERY appealing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
At the first panel for this at PAX East. It's a bit awkward as it's clear that some SQuenix types were meant to be here.

I really like that this is not a game as a service but has a strong single story in the box with an actual end. They seem like they have bigger ideas for a universe but that the game is, itselfz self contained and not waiting for an endgame whose story never manifests. After Destiny and Anthem and being left with unfinished stories this is VERY appealing.

Do you have Coronachan yet?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Indeed. Destiny 3: The Unfinished Tale of Savathun Continues!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Almost certainly. I've been avoiding touching any surface and still everyone is drowning themselves in purell, but there's only so much one can do.

Gargle Purell and then spit it onto the sickest looking person in your FoV.

• 1WTF

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything I see about this game sounds great. Watched a bunch of previews from YT people who got to play a test build and they were all really positive about it. I guess I didn't pay much attention to it when it was first announced because I had no idea that it wasn't a GaaS and has no MTX, and any game that separates "looter" from GaaS faggotry gets a huge thumbs up from me.

The previews all said that the character builds have way more depth than any of the other games in this genre too. It's not like PoE tier complexity, but the trees are quite large and branch into three subclasses each.

Downside of all this is that it should be something I'm excited to grab for one of the new consoles, but after watching gameplay it looks like mouse and keyboard will be the only way to go. Would've been nice to have something else to get day one for one of them (Series X especially), oh well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its like Borderlands and Destiny had a kid
Thankfully, the kid didn't inherit any of Papa Destiny's shitty GaaS genes.

Feb. is a bit disappointing though, everything I'd heard about the game in the last month led me to believe it was still on track to launch with the new consoles. :(

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The holiday season is a bit crowded, so maybe they thought better than to launch against games that have more hyped than they do. Maybe Square doesn't want another Marvel's Avenger and want a better endgame experience that a 3-4 extra months could get them.

It looks like a fun multiplayer game that isn't GaaS so, hopefully the extra time will give them time to polish the experience.