Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played a bit more yesterday, up to lvl 10 on devastator and techno and am having an easier time on the techno solo for sure. Just easier to kinda slow rushers and toxic pew pew groups. Also does bosses a little quicker too. Think I "fixed" my menu crashing by running game as admin, only performance issue I'm experiencing is a bit of screen tearing, but only after playing a few hours. Alt tabbing out of game and back in seems to fix it so not a big deal. It's weird though, as the screen seems to tear horizontally right across the middle of the screen - never seen that in a game before in that specific way.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Thing is with games like these story and leveling means shit all in the long term. In a few weeks most people will be max and the true test of this games longevity and staying power will have to be proven. Because running the same shit over and over for more +stat gear can only take you so far. They need some more hooks like Destiny 2 has, super hard secret missions, seasonal content, shit like that. Maybe even add in a 6 man raid over time. I know this game is new so this remains to be seen. Shit, this game does not even have PvP which is huge in those content droughts to hold at lerast some of the people playing.

It was the same shit with Div 2, running the same missions over and over, even with new enemies, gets old real fast. At least im hearing that they nailed the gear and crafting parts which is huge. Im still on the fence about this one because when I played the trial/demo it seemed so generic. But im so tempted because there is fuck all to play right now.
I'd probably still play Div2 on occasion. The damned thing crashes so much I stopped playing.

As others have said, this isn't the same type of game as Div2. It's a bad type of game in the same vein as BL 1-3.

If you are looking for something to play, skip this one unless it is on steep discount (it is worth $5). It is at very best a mediocre game. It comes across as having been made by a few hobbyists who bought all the (cheap) art and character assets off of some 3D store and tossed it into UED. Also, it is very short. I am almost done with the story and I won't have 10 hours into the game when I delete it. Grinding for gear is the endgame, and I'll give that a hard pass.

I'd look elsewhere to get my game on if I were you.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'd probably still play Div2 on occasion. The damned thing crashes so much I stopped playing.

As others have said, this isn't the same type of game as Div2. It's a bad type of game in the same vein as BL 1-3.

If you are looking for something to play, skip this one unless it is on steep discount (it is worth $5). It is at very best a mediocre game. It comes across as having been made by a few hobbyists who bought all the (cheap) art and character assets off of some 3D store and tossed it into UED. Also, it is very short. I am almost done with the story and I won't have 10 hours into the game when I delete it. Grinding for gear is the endgame, and I'll give that a hard pass.

10 hours to complete the story? It took me around 30 hours to finish the campaign and side quests. I still have expeditions to do, and most likely will level another class or two. I guess being slow and thorough means I got my money's worth. :)

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
10 hours to complete the story? It took me around 30 hours to finish the campaign and side quests. I still have expeditions to do, and most likely will level another class or two. I guess being slow and thorough means I got my money's worth. :)
I'm at almost 10 hours and only level 10 so I guess I'm slow af too

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You seem to like to trash the game, which is fine. Do you have to play on low settings to make the game manageable? I could see why you'd say the game art is bad if so. The game world looks pretty good to me, especially the Forest / Grand Obelisk areas, and the armor / weapon designs are good as well. Character models... not so much, lol. The game skill / gear synergy is what carries it though, and its endgame grind helps with that.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I've got a 5+ year old PC and can still run everything on Ultra with no slowdown.

Technomancer is also great for solo, dunno why those shitty online guides say it isnt. Decay bullets fucking MELT everything that isn't a super boss (like Lava Spider) and life leech attacks ensure you can always keep yourself healed.

Like my current setup is an AR and Sniper. My AR gives me 200 HP per kill and also inflicts Ash on enemies nearby when they did (which turns them into stone). Gives me massive sustain. If I am against anything hard, making sure I kill a few trash minions ensures I get back to full HP very quickly. Minigun isn't so great damage wise at my WT anymore, but it heals you like a mofo because of the ROF.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It all depends on how you want to level through the main story content. If you do nothing but main missions and keep WT capped at 5 or so, you can plow through the whole thing in a few hours. Maybe not the best way to experience it the first time, but definitely how I'd do it on alts.

I've got a 5+ year old PC and can still run everything on Ultra with no slowdown.

Technomancer is also great for solo, dunno why those shitty online guides say it isnt. Decay bullets fucking MELT everything that isn't a super boss (like Lava Spider) and life leech attacks ensure you can always keep yourself healed.

Like my current setup is an AR and Sniper. My AR gives me 200 HP per kill and also inflicts Ash on enemies nearby when they did (which turns them into stone). Gives me massive sustain. If I am against anything hard, making sure I kill a few trash minions ensures I get back to full HP very quickly. Minigun isn't so great damage wise at my WT anymore, but it heals you like a mofo because of the ROF.
Only problem with Techno is if you're on console you can probably forget about using any of the sniper/bolt-action rifles because the gamepad controls are a fucking abomination. Not just compared to m/kb, I mean compared to just about every other shooter on a console or using PC gamepad. I don't know what's going on but it feels like some heavy acceleration and/or smoothing is applied to camera / scope movement, and there's barely any autoaim to make up for it being ass. Fortunately the best part of playing Techno is the minigun, and aiming it with a controller isn't too bad.

Regarding Minigun, do you have the Massacre mod on your armor? That's almost as important as Perpetuum Mobile on your gun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am almost done with the story and I won't have 10 hours into the game when I delete it.

Liar and/or world tier 1 player. Either way it's dishonest feedback not worth reading.

• 4Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

Regarding Minigun, do you have the Massacre mod on your armor? That's almost as important as Perpetuum Mobile on your gun.

I did, but replaced it. I assume that is what boosts mini gun damage? Maybe I should replace then. I was using a cryoheal mod to help with a couple spots where I was getting swarmed

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I did, but replaced it. I assume that is what boosts mini gun damage?
Yeah, and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how much you can stack it. For defense, use Fortify and Purity. Phantom Dash is way better than the default roll too, if you're worried about getting swarmed.

Cybsled

Right now at level 15, I’m using decay bullets, cryo turret, and the mini gun skills. I’ve got 3 decay mods slotted and 2 cryo mods. I was mostly using cryo to help kite the melee enemies or breachers that try to rush your position, or slow them down so I can finish them before they get in range

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I got a t3 armor mod which has elites so 25% less damage. This is huge at higher tier levels when you get swarmed and the elites jump in to finish you off. I have a feeling once some of these mods drop for people we will get build diversity. At least that's what I hope for.

• 2Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Game is worth more than five bucks man. Come on. It's fun at least a few character level ups just to see how they differ. It lacks some polish of course, but overall I'd give it a 6/10. Would be higher if they fixed their legendries and frustrating as fuck bugs.

Devastator really needs a few bug fixes. Frustrating as all hell after using comet, to stand there for literally two seconds.

Any Devastator using LMG's?

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
You seem to like to trash the game, which is fine. Do you have to play on low settings to make the game manageable? I could see why you'd say the game art is bad if so. The game world looks pretty good to me, especially the Forest / Grand Obelisk areas, and the armor / weapon designs are good as well. Character models... not so much, lol. The game skill / gear synergy is what carries it though, and its endgame grind helps with that.
Max settings. It looks like it was made in 1998.

• 2Faggotry
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Anyone playing on console / xbox? Figure servers must be stable by now so trying it out. I like the world and settings and maps, but man I am having a rough go in combat. It feels like the FOV on console is way too narrow, I have a super tough time knowing if I am "in danger" on boss fights. I can barely see much around me, the first boss the electro dude was constantly dropping puddles on me and my dumb ass was dying to it a lot. Eventually I just adopted a strategy of move behind cover, shoot for 10 seconds, move again.

I just really don't like the cover mechanics in this game, it feels super wonky compared to Division or even Gears of War. I think if I could up the FOV it might be more manageable but without that I feel like I lack so much information in combat. Moving as well feels bad, it triggers me when I move to cover up ahead and get a sniper shot in the head. Whats the fucking point of cover to cover if you can get sniped during the rush part...

Maybe just a game that plays poorly on a controller compared to kbm, but I played hundreds of hours of Division and Destiny on console with no issues so kinda weird.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I agree the cover mechanic feels meh and tends to fuck me more than help. I pretty much never use it since I have so much leech though.

There is an FOV slider on PC in settings. Is there not one on console?

Anyone get a bug while being in a party and it not letting you dismantle?

Cybsled

Cover mechanic only bugs me when it feels awkward to break cover. Peek n’ shoot feels fine, but selecting new cover points can feel off/clumsy in certain situations and running away from cover to avoid aoes can feel janky, like you’re trying to unvelcro yourself from the cover point

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Cover mechanic only bugs me when it feels awkward to break cover. Peek n’ shoot feels fine, but selecting new cover points can feel off/clumsy in certain situations and running away from cover to avoid aoes can feel janky, like you’re trying to unvelcro yourself from the cover point

LOL. Well said!

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

This just seem off, and besides after throwing money at destiny and it’s shit content I can’t complain about giving money to other looter shooters.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Try a nearly 10yr old system, newest piece of hardware is a 1060. =)

• 1Like