Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Problem is when they go this route, and make every class shit because the others are shit, well you get the picture. They need to ask themselves why everyone gravitates to the 2-3 classes everyone plays and unfuck the others to be just as fun.

Like I dont remember Borderlands being nerfed because some guns or a particular class was OP, lol.

Cybsled

Right. This is the lazy balance route. Nerf the best, but leave shit as shit still. So best is still best, but crappier.

Did they hire FO76 gun balance devs?

“everyone is running unyielding and bloodied. What do?”

“let’s nerf ALL builds, but still keep the same overall balance in terms of power. That way everyone feels like shit!”

“brilliant!”

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
It's hard to do different builds when legendaries never fucking drop! 25 hours in and not one fucking drop only quest legendaries for me.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Beefing everything else up to the level that bullets buffs were at would basically neuter any game difficulty.

Not really. Techno toxic turret is shit. It basically pukes on mobs and is useless. It’s not a DPS boast or crowd control. It’s a retard turret at best.

Without PVP I don’t see why they couldn’t have buffed abilities that people are bypassing. Again...this is the same route the division went. Not smart.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Glad I haven't really invested that much time in the game because I was car shopping. Now that I picked up my car today I was ready to get back into one of the games I've been neglecting and this bunch of retarded shit they pulled out of their asses made the choice between Outriders and MH Rise really easy.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you haven't done the "Outriders Legacy" quest chain yet, do so asap. Not sure if they broke the quest today, but when you finish you will get 10 Legendaries; 1 armor, and 9 weapons (random). Also, for those who have the "Hells Rangers" gear on a character or in the Stash thinking they are stuck there forever, you can make a dummy character, dump all those items onto it then delete the character.

Edit: Undocumented nerf to one of the Blighted Rounds mods called Critical Analysis (?), the one which gave a +30% boost to Crit Dmg, well now its just 15%.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played some tonight, worked on raising my Word Tier. I went from 9 to 12 so pretty happy with myself. I usually suck at these playing games on normal is usually challenging enough for me. This is still fairly easy though. Once I’m WT15 I’ll go back to expeditions and try farming some legendaries.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Do the weapon mods that say "Shots bring down lightning on an enemy dealing X damage" scale with anything other than item level?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
If you haven't done the "Outriders Legacy" quest chain yet, do so asap. Not sure if they broke the quest today, but when you finish you will get 10 Legendaries; 1 armor, and 9 weapons (random). Also, for those who have the "Hells Rangers" gear on a character or in the Stash thinking they are stuck there forever, you can make a dummy character, dump all those items onto it then delete the character.

Edit: Undocumented nerf to one of the Blighted Rounds mods called Critical Analysis (?), the one which gave a +30% boost to Crit Dmg, well now its just 15%.

Well I did it on my alt just to see, and well yeah got them, too bad my wt is still only 6 on that character, it was mostly legendary weapons I already had so good for extracting mods at least. But I'm afraid to try this on the 3rd character lol.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Not having PVP or competitive ladders doesn't mean that the dev wants every single end game player using the same builds. Which is pretty much what happened. If they launched the game with these tweaks already implemented it's not like everyone would suddenly say the game is trash. Yet builds would still be insane because mods and effects in this game are fucking nuts anyway. Buffing my bullets is honestly the least interesting ability I have.

Thing is, nerfs didn't solve this problem. Technos with Killing Spree still melt CT15, maybe 30-40 seconds slower; still using bullets, no other viable build. Tricksters with Killing Spree and Instant Reload can compete, but it's more of a butt-clencher than before; still using bullets, no other viable build. Devastators still only have one good Anomaly power build that requires a bunch of legendaries. Pyros have one good Anomaly power build but have to pick maps carefully.

Everybody is still using the same builds, just those who didn't get the good T3 mod drops in the first 6 days got screwed.
Nobody is going to suddenly start running AP Trickster now that the talent tree is nerfed and the gun mods aren't.

In the entire list of changes, not a single ability, mod, item, or talent was made more powerful. Hell, they even nerfed story mode loot and removed slow guaranteed legendary farming. Think about that - it's not balance patching, it's content gating.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Do the weapon mods that say "Shots bring down lightning on an enemy dealing X damage" scale with anything other than item level?
I think it scales with item level and anomaly power but not positive.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Right. This is the lazy balance route. Nerf the best, but leave shit as shit still. So best is still best, but crappier.

Did they hire FO76 gun balance devs?

“everyone is running unyielding and bloodied. What do?”

“let’s nerf ALL builds, but still keep the same overall balance in terms of power. That way everyone feels like shit!”

“brilliant!”
It goes back way further than the Division. What was that Super Hero MMO where they had a ton of betas, all powers were fine, then they had launch weekend and someone like Koster came in and advised them to NERF EVERYTHING because everyone was leveling too fast and having too much fun. So they did, after the first weekend it was a grind fest, no one could solo, game was dead in the less than a year. Some bootlickers were like, "this is great, forced grouping and now a challenge!" Rather than looking and why people are playing what they are playing and actually *tuning* the game rather than just swinging the nerf bat in order to meet some stupid level time metrics, or content engagement metrics. At least some Devs learned by balancing PvP and PvE separately but this game doesn't even have that challenge to overcome. This is just a knee jerk reaction to either Twitch or some inside baseball statistic that has their panties in a wad.

They had the whole demo to see this in the wild, they had review copies and internal play testers and now they are just figuring out everyone is using the bullet skills only? FFS, its 2021. Just nerfing is a great way to kill your game, because some players are going to min-max but if everyone is doing it, that means it isn't just the meta, dumb-asses.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They already nerfed all the chests and boss loot drops from the demo even before the game launched. Cant have people having fun farming missions to get meaningless lv10 legos. BTW has anyone even seen a lego drop while leveling?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
They already nerfed all the chests and boss loot drops from the demo even before the game launched. Cant have people having fun farming missions to get meaningless lv10 legos. BTW has anyone even seen a lego drop while leveling?

I think I got 4-5 by the time I hit 30, but have had 2 in about 2 dozen expeditions.

Was just about to clear my first T14 and got the patch logout that I wasn't paying attention to ;[

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Got a couple leggos to drop during late leveling the first time cause just left the wt on and we got to wt14 for the end. But mostly it's from story drops (forest boss, outrider legacy, temple, end story, hunters, pour a drink, are a few spots). Had about 20 leggos (1 armor) (from 3 chars) so far from story/expedition/loot drops.

Frankly I dunno why people are so fascinated with getting leggos during leveling anyways, they're just exotics with t3 mods that are not exactly mind blowing good, just the armor makes a difference with the set bonus. And the earlier you get them the more resources you have to pour in to upgrade them later...

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Frankly I dunno why people are so fascinated with getting leggos during leveling anyways, they're just exotics with t3 mods that are not exactly mind blowing good, just the armor makes a difference with the set bonus. And the earlier you get them the more resources you have to pour in to upgrade them later...

Kinda the opposite. Certain T3 mods are game-changing, most armor set bonuses are trash. And Legendary stat types are fixed so half the armor pieces have health instead of AP/FP.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

My man!

Buncha Shit.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok. Is it possible to build a close combat build with shotguns as your primary source of damage? As a Devastator I either have to go full defense or offense. I can't find a good mix.

Last edited:

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Ok. Is it possible to build a close combat build with shotguns as your primary source of damage?

Only as Trickster, and only if you have Killing Spree, Instant Reload, and a very good pump shotty.
EDIT: FFFuuuuuu they fixed the Outriders Legacy quest this morning, I was going to run it on an alt since I had it completed already.

Cybsled

I wanted to do that quest last night, but I was still too far from the end and wasn't going to stay up all night doing it ;/