Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I only just got to the Quarry last night, figured they were going to fix it with maintenance that was announced last night.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was going to try to rush to the end but figured it'd be patched before I could make it. Typical

spronk

FPS noob
well that sucks, im only level 9 lol

if you are playing on console i'd drop to WT3 or whatever if you are struggling like I was, I find the game way more enjoyable that way. I'm having more fun but have zero interest in any sort of loot grind, figure i'll hit the end of story and be done. great gamepass game

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I was on the last part of that quest last night rushing the story a bit to get there. And while fighting the horde of enemies in the bunker the fucking server goes down for maint.

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...something changed. My survivability is much better than yesterday...Or I added a mod that REALLY helped on the gear switch.

Cybsled

The mod that stacks armor while you ADS kill helps I’ve found. Since I’m mostly killing that way, it helps a lot with mitigation.

Minigun is 100% useless with the nerf, so I swapped out for that self heal skill and added that mod that cleanses debuffs

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Destiny definitely has more content than this but its been around longer though. But destiny is a special kind of grinding thats different than this. Its more targeted with RNG ontop if that makes sense. I think this game is pure RNG. Destinys main loops are definitely way easier than this is as well. I think Destiny also has better controller support than this too with AA and shit like that, I hear that this game is kinda jank with controller. But Im M&K thats just what I heard.

Also, based on what I saw so far in this game, main sht plus side stuff, I think there is plenty there for $60 I dont know what people are talking about.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
Should I buy this or just get Beyond Light +1 Season, which is on sale, on PSN?

if you are solo this is a 20-30 hour game and you are done, destiny 2 is a lot more content and also has PVP

if you play with friends destiny 2 has way more stuff to do but the skill range is extremely wide and you sorta need 2 friends to do PVP and 5 friends to do PVE (raids), while outriders lets you play with 1-3 friends and nobody has to be that good. There is 0 PVP in Outriders.

the right answer is have an xbox and gamepass ultimate and play for free and uninstall when you are bored, which could be after 3 hours or after 60 hours. Also gamepass xbox includes all the current xpacs of Destiny 2 for free, saving another $50 or w/e

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ok. Is it possible to build a close combat build with shotguns as your primary source of damage? As a Devastator I either have to go full defense or offense. I can't find a good mix.
I was able to stand toe to toe on a devastator in T7 with heal on crit, fortress T3, then swap weapon for heal on hit if I needed it. Then the typical Golem 100% longer, Golem at 30% health. I got 30 last night and got my first legendary armor piece, finally. Its getting rough at T8 at toe to toe though. I think that has more to do with my gear not being maxxed out, though. Considering one level at this tier jumps one piece of gear something like 100 armor per piece and drops my shard lvl 2 spots per level. I feel like Devastator is just more grindy and perfect stats.

Did anyone else not get legendary armor till they were 30?

Also, did Outriders Legacy today (was doing ita s a mop up of quests and didnt know it was spitting out legendaries till I read just now.) Thing dropped one legendary weapon and a shit ton of blues. They nerfed it so bad that even at T8 I didnt even get a purple on top of the legendary. Wop wop wop....

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You dont need 2 friends to PvP in destiny lol. And you can just join some guild to run raids, or LFG sites and apps if you wanna do raids. All 100% solo. Basically Destiny is 90% solo other than the last 10% of elite content that requires group like trials(pvp), Raids(pve) or the endgame nightfalls(pve)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also, did Outriders Legacy today (was doing ita s a mop up of quests and didnt know it was spitting out legendaries till I read just now.) Thing dropped one legendary weapon and a shit ton of blues. They nerfed it so bad that even at T8 I didnt even get a purple on top of the legendary. Wop wop wop....
I mean, 10 legos was a bit much, but who the fuck is going to run around the entire world, twice, for this fucking quest for some blues? LOL? What is this company thinking?

It definitely reminds me of Anthem. For some reason the devs are so afraid to give people loot. Then they wonder why everyone left in a few weeks. Anthem did the same shit. We had glimpses of what a good drop rate was when someone fucked up and a patch was pushed live for a weekend, and loot was raining down from heavens, but them for some reason they nix the loot and everyone leaves their shit game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ladro

Anomaly
Sounds like the patch notes were worded poorly? Appears to still work.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I presume thought process is making loot hard to get makes it so they have to do less work coming up with more gooderer loot

Aka artificially extend limited content

• 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like the patch notes were worded poorly? Appears to still work.

Yea, tried this out today. Did two full completions, got a legendary each time.

Was lucky last night with the Outriders Legacy quest, it gave me the weapon with Killing Spree. Today I was trying to get a better AR that happened to have a good AoE clear mod already on it, couldn't get one so I took the Hells Rangers AR that had Bone Shrapnel on it by default. Leveled it up to my cap (lvl47). Not the best weapon, and I think it rolled lowish on the dmg (53k), plus it didn't have the stats I like. Performed well enough. Just have to keep looking for a better AR or maybe a Double Gun.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Good thing it still gives legendaries, I enjoy the hunt/bounty farm. Twenty purples (more like 50-60 given boss drops) and two legendaries in under 2 hours is acceptable to me. Gives me something to do while I wait for my buddies to unlock expeditions.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well rolled blue drops can actually be better than having an epic drop. The three stat bonuses stay when upgrading to epic, and you can choose one of three offered mods for the second mod slot that gets added when upgrading.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Any of you experienceing a enemy fire feedback problem since last patch. Have not played at all yet today, but last night you would hear no sounds of enemy weapon fire and other than seeing red you dont know you are getting fired on.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I lost all my items after crashing in a multiplayer expedition. Wonderful.

• 1Rustled