Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
With all the work I have been doing and the bullshit I have been reading about this game, I hit critical mass and haven't played a minute in a week. I started play Last Epoch; I need to at least finish out the story but grinding out timed missions on my Devastator isn't my idea of fun, or any of the other min/max BS people have been having to do for end game high tier weapons.
710x528_665116_727710_1459313766_1_0.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

So after some advice on reddit, I am doing a bit better on my techno. Hit CT15 solo and got my gun to level 50 and can now reliably silver most maps (and gold even on a couple). Emergency Stance is 100% required, though, until they fix that shit. Perma 65% damage reduction is a godsend in expeditions, because you can actually get aggressive and not melt in 2 seconds to riflemen or other cheese. You still get wrecked by special abilities, though, so you have to be careful.

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
When E Stance gets fixed, assuming it doesn't come with a 50% nerf to enemy damage, people are going to lose their shit. The amount of NPC aimbot nonsense in this game, the expedition timers, the backdoor spawns, stunlock, and the count of melee enemies does not allow for playing behind cover in the endgame.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Hit WT15 on my techno and it is genuinely much harder than on my melee Devastator. I will say that playing my Dev has gotten me more accustomed to using melee with the other characters when mobs get in too close and that has saved my bacon many many times.

Still not sure what the expedition build on the techno will be though. Right now I'm still heavily toxic / vuln based especially with the mod that sets off a toxic AoE whenever you crit someone. Would be even more deadly on a PC where aiming is much much easier than on the console.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still not sure what the expedition build on the techno will be though.
Standard bullet build? I don't really think techno has much choice at the moment.

Preorder AR with Bone Shrapnel and Killing Spree
Second gun whatever you want, but since you'll hardly ever use it the best choice is probably another preorder AR with Killing Spree and Anomaly Enhancement

Armor is simple, all epics with Firepower/Close Range/Long Range and these mods wherever you can find them:
Spare Mag
Trick Up the Sleeve
Captain Hunter
Sharp Eye
Euthaniser
Emergency Stance
Toxic Lead
Radical Therapy
Bloodlust

Last mod can be stuff like Dum Dum Rounds, Personal Space, Rejuvenation, Mitigation from Death, Damage Absorber, Phantom Dash, or whatever else you happen to be stuck with if you're using dropped gear instead of save-scumming L20 greens and blues.

Edit: Oops, I somehow forgot the best T2 damage mod--Bloodlust.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Melicant

Standard bullet build? I don't really think techno has much choice at the moment.

Preorder AR with Bone Shrapnel and Killing Spree
Second gun whatever you want, but since you'll hardly ever use it the best choice is probably another preorder AR with Killing Spree and Anomaly Enhancement

Armor is simple, all epics with Firepower/Close Range/Long Range and these mods wherever you can find them:
Spare Mag
Trick Up the Sleeve
Captain Hunter
Sharp Eye
Euthaniser
Emergency Stance
Toxic Lead
Radical Therapy

Last two mods can be stuff like Dum Dum Rounds, Personal Space, Rejuvenation, Damage Absorber, Phantom Dash, or whatever else you happen to be stuck with if you're using dropped gear instead of save-scumming L20 greens and blues.
I unlocked T15s last night on my techno and was pretty comfortably farming gold 15s after taking 5 minutes to craft. The key is to save blues and greens with the three stats your class needs, then level them to 50 before upgrading to epic. Farming the hauras hunt is a great way to get blues to upgrade for your level (along with a lot of materials).

• 1Like

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
[Techno build stuff]

Pretty much this but I would add Critstack and Critical Analysis, only use Spare Mag and Trick until you get the T3 mods. Because of the Tactical AR you'll spend a lot of time shooting things in the face, and when you can 3-tap a behemoth or a crawler you don't need any extra ammo beyond Toxic Lead. Only exception is in groups, Toxin application is slow when you aren't host so use Trick instead.

My final build on Techno;
outriders-techno-endgame.png

When E Stance gets fixed, probably sub in Mitigation from Death over Dum-Dum, Radical, or Critstack.

• 1Solidarity

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Didn't take too long once I got 30 of them in my inventory (using the expedition -> die -> lobby method) and set up ethernet down/up hotkeys so I didnt have to Alt+F4 and reload the game.
That one was a 376 or 378 I think.

Vorph

Didn't take too long once I got 30 of them in my inventory (using the expedition -> die -> lobby method) and set up ethernet down/up hotkeys so I didnt have to Alt+F4 and reload the game.
That one was a 376 or 378 I think.
I tried dropping internet on XSX last night and it worked alright for a while but then one time it randomly decided to forget that I owned the DLC, which removed all my guns. Took about a half hour of fucking around to get the DLC back (and it's still a bit weird, it works but the Hell's Rangers text doesn't appear under the game version number on the 'start game' screen anymore). That wasn't the bad part though, what really sucked is that I finally got the inbox unlocked again and showing DLC gear in it but all the guns I had previously stayed gone.

Another hour of getting a dozen ARs back and then swapping them to tactical finally got me a 375 though. Don't think I can risk save-scumming anything else without doing the long-ass shut the game down and restart it process though. Pretty sure the XSX could load the game as fast or faster than my PC did in beta with the movies deleted, but there's still no way to skip the intro video (which stutters on console and the audio glitches bad enough that I worry about my speakers if I forget to turn it way down) or stupid epilepsy warning that's almost as irritating as Division 2's.

Cybsled

Finally had a chance to duo with a debuff pyro. Pretty much doubles your damage and he wasn't even optimized. We originally tried double decay technos but ran into bullet problems, then he switched to Pyro and we were able to get golds on a decent check of the maps we ran. Riflemen running away 1 mile to hide and making you waste time can fuck right off, though.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Finally had a chance to duo with a debuff pyro. Pretty much doubles your damage and he wasn't even optimized. We originally tried double decay technos but ran into bullet problems, then he switched to Pyro and we were able to get golds on a decent check of the maps we ran. Riflemen running away 1 mile to hide and making you waste time can fuck right off, though.
Debuff Pyro is fun as hell to play, I just light things on fire and everyone else melts. Running CT15 with a decent group deletes bosses as soon as they spawn, insane how fast but I giggle every time. Somewhat sucks to gear though as you need a couple specific pieces to get the most debuff you can.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Aight so this game apparently hates players. after hitting the ct brick wall around 10-11 with my anom devastator with mobs 4-5 levels higher than my gear score and with getting no drops i can use to up my gearscore i rerolled a techno to give firearms a shot.

So im hanging out around sub lvl 20 trying to farm green/blue gear to alt f4 upgrade and of course every item that drops/sold by vendors is now anom/max health. At first im thinking its selective memory, but to test it i rerolled my techno to middle tree and after the 30 min vendor reset i confirmed. Everything is now firepower/anom, only 10% of the gear is max health. I went through all vendors 3 full 30 min rotations. The game doesnt like giving you the primary stat that matches your build.

my devastator is already too high (gear lvl 45, need 4 out of 5 rolls to be good). Problem is techno is so easy i accidently am already world tier 9 so gear from vendors is lvl 26, already has 3 stats and blues have 1 mod so i need again, all 4 rolls to be good.

So im going to start a new techno just to farm vendors, get him to gear lvl 20, swap to middle tree to get rid of max health drops and stop earning exp. Every fire power + long or close range dmg armor ill feed to my real techno, every anom + cool down redux or status power ill feed to my devastator.

edit: and now it doesnt seem to work as reliably. Still less chance of getting max health if you go middle tree, fire power if you go top, and anomaly if you go lower, but its not quite 10%/45%/45% like before, more like 20/40/40. also noticed if you just reset skills, with no skills spent you at least get 33% chance of getting each main stat.

Last edited:

Vorph

Pretty sure what you're seeing there is tiny sample size + confirmation bias. I wouldn't be at all surprised if max health is weighted to roll more often than useful stats, but saying it checks your build is really reaching.

Also I wouldn't worry too much about L20 items. You can just farm blues and purples by the truckload using the Dunes hunt mission (get to the end, kill the two big bastards and let the little shits kill you... over and over). Main reason being, you need so damn much leather to level up several L20 armor pieces to 50 that you'll end up going there to farm it anyway, and while doing so you'll get all the L42 (if on WT15) blues you want with fire power + close range + long range/CDR and anomaly power + CDR + _________. Or whatever else you want.

The whole endgame design sucks ass imo, which unfortunately is the same opinion I had back in the demo. You need a solid set of gear to beat the timers while surviving bullshit like aimbotting snipers and ridiculous damage sponges like brood mothers, so at some point around CT10 or so you end up going to farm a set of 'endgame' gear which you'll just level up the last few times as you finish the slog to 15. And you're finally at the "endgame" but there's nothing to do besides farm a few legendaries for their mods (unless you already have those mods on another character). Some builds need a couple legendary guns (bullet trickster), some need a 3pc armor set (anomaly pyro), others need nothing at all (techno) besides the T3 mods. Hope you like speedrunning that masquerades as content, because if you don't there was no point in doing anything at all after the credits rolled the first time.

-------------------------------
Is this yet another bug?

OUTRIDERS.jpg

As you can see from the shard icons being on all three stats, I already leveled up the stats on that gun once before, but at some point it reset the values to base.

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The whole endgame design sucks ass imo, which unfortunately is the same opinion I had back in the demo. You need a solid set of gear to beat the timers while surviving bullshit like aimbotting snipers and ridiculous damage sponges like brood mothers, so at some point around CT10 or so you end up going to farm a set of 'endgame' gear which you'll just level up the last few times as you finish the slog to 15.

-------------------------------
Is this yet another bug?

View attachment 351053
As you can see from the shard icons being on all three stats, I already leveled up the stats on that gun once before, but at some point it reset the values to base.

Which is exactly what I had to do starting at CT12. Finally got a "decent" build/set for my shotty, and it works well enough for CT15**

That bug has happened to me two times now. Both times well after running several missions with the stats upgraded.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
When you level up an item that you have upgraded the attributes on it knocks off one tick of the upgrade. Basically each of the ticket is +1 item level for that attribute alone.
Of course it could be something else as well, but I definitely had some attribute increases decay to nothing after levelling the item up a few times.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm gonna give this more of a shot. I only have the demo and I picked Trickster but just randomly. Is there a META yet or are they all fairly good or too early to tell?