Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hosix

All labs matter!
There is some fuckery in this game right now. Mob damage is way to high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is some fuckery in this game right now. Mob damage is way to high.
Yeah, and armor stacking doesn't seem to help that much. I was doing carries for two others on 15s pre patch with ease. Now I often die quite a bit when trying to carry one in a 14. It isn't just the elites either.

Cybsled

I replaced emergency protocol with that armor+resistance mod. Armor is like 107k, but only gives around 67% damage mitigation.

I still kill stuff fast with my decay build and getting ammo refunds on toxic kills is definitely nice when dealing with the low HP npcs. Stuff hits about the same as it did without using the emergency stance glitch - at least thus far I haven't noticed any massive spikes beyond normal. But normal damage at CT15 is still fucking big damage. I ran coliseum and on the final part got CC'd by something and gibbed by a berzerker before I could free myself.

I'm probably still done with the game for now until there is new content or they buff other skills. Time trials are dumb because they only favor high damage/high burst builds. Most of the legendary items are garbage (mods included) and kind of question what is the point of grinding them out since this isn't a live service game.

Back to FO76

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
they definitely broke something. I never had emergency stance mod so never used that glitch and i'm dying on trash now in CTs 2 levels lower now. Done with this for now unless they unfuck their shit

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Me and my gf finally got into this recently. The damage at times on bosses seems kind of absurd even at the start of the game. My gf constantly gets kicked out of groups and sadly shes easily irritable so her sailor mouth kicks into gear. Otherwise the game is mostly enjoyable - but im not interested in adding randos since network stability still seems like shit,.

Hosix

All labs matter!
There is something fucked with mitigation. It’s not just you guys.

Unfortunately I am not confident in PCF to save this game. It has potential but they don’t seem to care. They still have yet to replace the equipment lost to people with naked characters.

I still play with my kids and we have fun. But getting one shot frustrates everyone. My sons devastator is tanky but he still gets one shot at times. Which of course he gets all rage about.

• 1Like

Ladro

Anomaly
Talk about going from having promise via the demo to completely shitting the bed at launch and beyond. Stopped playing after doing everything with a friend, there are too many issues with a lot of the game systems. Fucking with legendary drops was the last straw - we went from having 2-3 drop at a time to not seeing any for a dozen CT15 expeditions. No point if you don't get anything.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Finished the story and quit. Was fun. but i aint grinding shit with this one shot BS.

Melicant

Releasing a major patch on a Friday before a 4 day holiday weekend for employees has to be one of the dumbest gaming game dev decisions I've ever seen.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
In the interest of serving our fans and engaging new players we have decided as a team to go Free To Play! This means that you will now be able to enjoy your favourite Outriders for no cost. Our team is excited to reveal our upcoming roadmap in the next few weeks!

If you are a true Outriders fan and want the inside scoop and want to help support our developers, you can also subscribe now to our Ultimate Outriders program! For just 19.99 per month you can help support our team as we work from home during the COVID 19 pandemic.

We are pleased to also announce the launch of our Outriders Riders Hot store! Now you can customize your favourite Outrider and get access to special weapons such as the 1999 Red Rain pistol! It’s very exciting!

Talk at you soon Outriders! And remember, you’ve never been inside a (insert Outriders lore animal no one knows here) until you’ve been inside a (insert Outriders lore animal no one knows here)!

Best,

Will Scranton
Lead Designer and Gameplay Rngineer
Outriders Studio

• 1WTF

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently at WT12. The game is okay, but the amount of shit they throw at you is sort of ridiculous. I don't mind a game being difficult, but when you're being shot from clear across the board, and the NPC's don't even miss, it's just retarded. It's like they have heat seeking bullets. I'm grinding out gear doing the expeditions, and have mostly level 46 loot, but haven't seen a legendary weapon drop in like 20 successful runs. I know it's random, but come on, gotta throw me a bone every once in awhile. I'll play for the rest of this week, but this game is definitely getting replaced when Resident Evil comes out. Not sure I'll pick it up again either unless they do something to make the end game more enjoyable.

Cybsled

Honestly, what I think happened

1) Game was clearly designed to be a live service game - it has all the elements of one
2) SE's 'Avengers' game, a live service game, tanked hard and lost SE money
3) SE got spooked and got soured on live service. Outriders would now not be a live service game

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
pretty sure they said outriders wouldnt be a gaas BEFORE avengers came out?

Vorph

pretty sure they said outriders wouldnt be a gaas BEFORE avengers came out?
They did. From the very first announcement at E3 2019 they said it was drop in / drop out co-op (a la Borderlands) and then further clarified early last year that it would absolutely not be a GaaS. Avengers didn't get shit out until September.

Rather than getting spooked, I think it's pretty likely SE was responsible for the decision to make the game online only for no reason whatsoever, because that's the kind of retarded shit SE comes up with.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm currently at WT12. The game is okay, but the amount of shit they throw at you is sort of ridiculous. I don't mind a game being difficult, but when you're being shot from clear across the board, and the NPC's don't even miss, it's just retarded. It's like they have heat seeking bullets. I'm grinding out gear doing the expeditions, and have mostly level 46 loot, but haven't seen a legendary weapon drop in like 20 successful runs. I know it's random, but come on, gotta throw me a bone every once in awhile. I'll play for the rest of this week, but this game is definitely getting replaced when Resident Evil comes out. Not sure I'll pick it up again either unless they do something to make the end game more enjoyable.

I would argue the one thing this game doesn't have going for it is difficulty. It took friends and I a couple of days to hit end game/beat end game and that was without finding some OP builds off of the internet. Legendaries were pretty useless compared to just getting nicely rolled epics with mods you want to use. No carrot to repeat content we blew through so quickly.

Don't see the game having any sort of future without massive content updates or some new game play loop that jacks up difficulty that isn't just bullet sponge npcs.

• 1Like

Vorph

So much for any hope of them fixing their fuck up anytime soon:

If they're resorting to a player survey on reddit because they can't manage to fix the problem themselves, it's probably going to take as long to fix as the restoration of people's items. Or the mythical fix to their trash-tier gamepad controls that was supposed to be in the first major patch.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
It’s looks like they restored the lost gear finally. With god rolls and some epics with a tier 3 mod already in them. It’s great.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It’s looks like they restored the lost gear finally. With god rolls and some epics with a tier 3 mod already in them. It’s great.

Yup...

image_2021-05-06_133922.png

• 2Weird Boner
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users