Overwatch 2

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I restarted playing this after 2-3 years away. I used to oscillate between Gold and Silver in all roles, with a few times going into Platinum.

I got put into Bronze 1 as a healer, Silver 2 as a DPS(Mei), and Bronze 4 as a tank. Pretty disappointing results, I guess 2-3 years away from playing made me rusty, still expected better.

Like many people said, this is Overwatch 1.2, it's not Overwatch 2. A few new heroes, game mode and 5v5, for 2 years without update on Overwatch 1? I think Overwatch 1 would have been much further along if they had just improved it and added heroes on a regular basis.
I don’t know when you did your placement matches, but for a while they were bugged. It was placing everyone lower than it should have been. They’ve fixed it now—as of a couple days ago.

D967DF88-CA0B-4A7A-AF08-35C3C237BFC9.jpeg

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Yea Taimou got put down in plat. It is painful to watch him just brutalize an entire team, but he still loses alot. Winning seems to hinge so much on the tank, which is 50/50 chance.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea Taimou got put down in plat. It is painful to watch him just brutalize an entire team, but he still loses alot. Winning seems to hinge so much on the tank, which is 50/50 chance.
I can only compare it to lol, but when I was diamond in lol i could still lose games even in bronze 5. One person does not make a team… that said you are a monster one and can carry the shit out of a lot of bad play and exploit a lot of bad play from the enemy team. It’s a huge finger on the scale, and I remember my win rates when I sandbagged were very close to 100% even with intentional feeders working against me.

I did grotesque things like win 2v5 after three teammates bailed, but sometimes the teams would have their acts together and could teamwork enough to down me.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what it is about this game but it's just not terribly fun... had a decent time when this launched the first time, but after a few hours I just stopped playing as I wasn't really enjoying it. Meh.... was hoping to play this casually until MWII comes out but it's just not compelling to play. I did enjoy Junker Queen for a bit though

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’m worried about queue times. Tank and DPS are routinely at 10 minutes for me, and I think that’s only going to get worse. Pretty ridiculous when the queue time to get in a game is the average length of a game.

It’s also another flaw in 5v5. Who’d have thought that going from 4 tanks in each match to 2 tanks in each match would increase queue times?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I’m worried about queue times. Tank and DPS are routinely at 10 minutes for me, and I think that’s only going to get worse. Pretty ridiculous when the queue time to get in a game is the average length of a game.

It’s also another flaw in 5v5. Who’d have thought that going from 4 tanks in each match to 2 tanks in each match would increase queue times?
10min queues? I haven't played today, but I rarely see any queues above 3mins both in ranked and qp as someone who dps mains on PC. I'm sure that number will change over time as the hype dies, but I feel there are more people playing willing to play tanks than ever before. A ton of my dps friends have swapped to tank mains and overall seems tank is regarded as the more fun/best experience role currently. They're just beefy dps now.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not having queue's that long other than at odd times but the length of the queue is being created by the lack of healers. Everyone wants to be tank or dps and nobody wants to heal. They would have been better off doing 2 tanks 2 dps 1 heal if based solely on what roles people want to be playing. I can't speak to what that would do to gameplay. I choose flex for about 70 matches this season and I have got non healer less than 10 times total out of those matches.

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
10min queues? I haven't played today, but I rarely see any queues above 3mins both in ranked and qp as someone who dps mains on PC. I'm sure that number will change over time as the hype dies, but I feel there are more people playing willing to play tanks than ever before. A ton of my dps friends have swapped to tank mains and overall seems tank is regarded as the more fun/best experience role currently. They're just beefy dps now.
I’m on Xbox. Will be interesting to see how queue times vary between PC and console.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen tank or dps less than 5 minutes. Always 5-10 minutes.

76CD433E-C2A4-4CC4-9808-2AC2A6662ECA.jpeg

Last edited:

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Yea, overwatch is a PC game for sure, how do you even play hitscan heroes like Mccree on console without aim assist?

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Ah, so PC controller no aim assist, but console controller has aim assist. Hence there is no crossplay?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just realized they actually took a bit of content away by doing away with 2cp maps and a few non 2cp maps like Rialto and Blizzard World.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I’m on Xbox. Will be interesting to see how queue times vary between PC and console.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen tank or dps less than 5 minutes. Always 5-10 minutes.

Yeah that makes more sense, different ball game. I imagine tanks probably feel pretty aids on the console given the brawl-heavy nature. Reins out here on pc with 10+ sens, and monkey n dva doing 180 air jumps. iirc PC says 7min dps and 8 min tank.. but both have been less than 3 minutes in my own experience. Also i'm half retarded because my statement while it makes sense, I was arguing that it should be fast but its actually the opposite given the saturation.

and as far as map removal.. no idea on 2cp, but I am slightly worried that they're gonna go seasonal with the other maps. OW definitely doesn't need a seasonal rotation like other FPS's.

Cybsled

I definitely see them doing a seasonal model for maps to stretch content. They had already sort of started that in OW1

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Ah, so PC controller no aim assist, but console controller has aim assist. Hence there is no crossplay?
There is crossplay in quickplay but aim assist is disabled. This has been a complaint by the console crowd that they can't effectively play with PC

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
After playing this for a week id say this is not fun.

The new maps are not any better than what we had. Its a slight improvement only because they removed dogshit maps like Anubis though the new map monaco is pretty bad itself.

The match making has not improved at all.

5v5 with 1 tank is incredibly shallow and poorly balanced. Its clear their solution to 1 tank was make the tanks much more survivable in general, but they clearly forgot to give anyone besides Orisa and Zayra buffs. Orisa in particular is a monster with the speed boost+damage+knock back+quasi invulnerability combo. Zarya being able to double bubble means shes in perma rape mode.

And of course they completely reworked the shop to make it incredibly hard to unlock anything of value.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's funny how they paywalled all the old skins, and are charging like $10 a pop for them. Pure greed. It's sad what the industry has become, but gamers have no one to blame but themselves to be honest. They buy that shit.

• 1Like