Overwatch 2

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's funny how they paywalled all the old skins, and are charging like $10 a pop for them.
A sign of less and less customers. They have to squeeze the whales that remain harder and harder to makeup for what theyre losing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A sign of less and less customers. They have to squeeze the whales that remain harder and harder to makeup for what theyre losing.

I don't get the whales man. I don't care how much money you have, $20 for a skin is a ripoff. You can buy some pretty decent games for that amount of money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
I don't get the whales man. I don't care how much money you have, $20 for a skin is a ripoff. You can buy some pretty decent games for that amount of money.
Modern consoomers are the absolute worst.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Quit buying this shit from these cucks! (MTX)

• 1Truth!

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'd say its more to do with they think people will pay that, and they will. Blizzard just wants a piece of the pie that every other studio has a marketed on. The cries we see today are the same cries we saw forever ago when Apex released their event skin mystery box, 140$ for a mythic character based knife(still the same system today, but "better"-ish). Same thing with Valorant and their constant recolored models for anywhere to 60-120$. Even PUBG you're looking at, iirc, someone did the attempt to get one of their "legendary" weapons and spend somewhere around 1k. Too many people have exposable income(inc mom n dad), they just need to get hooked on drugs. Personally wish more games would go the route of Valve/CSGO, where skins have a monetary value that is more or less set by the supply/demand from people; I have skins that were in the cents 5 years ago, and are now worth 10-50$.. I was gifted a 30$ skin, thats now worth 250$.. and another that was worth 70$, now worth 500$. You end up with extremely rare skins going for 50-100k and the majority going for 10-20$ at a resellable value. Valve ends up making out like a villain because they take a percentage cut, so long as it's done on the marketplace but for I guess tax reasons, maximum sale amount is 2k. Doesn't help child gambling, but feels better to not have some worthless pixels. Ps, I still only have ever bought 3 battle passes, and have less than 100$ in skins across every game I have ever played. A lot of em are gifts surprisingly enough.

Also Orisa feels less broken, but I think it's because of how bad Zarya is right now.. pretty much shits on Orisa. Kiriko, Junker Queen, and Doomfist are absolute dogwater. D.va is insanely strong right now too as a pseudo-option. Sojurn is basically busted, mixed with a Bap.. Bap's window makes a basic charged rail shot one tap body. Meta seems to be more or less, Zarya D.va Soj Genji Echo(particularly for the second zarya/tank and counter to genji) Bap and Ana. The rest are pretty interchangeable, those are just the staples.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's nice to be part of the gamer generation that doesn't care about cosmetics. Still a shame you can't earn skins like in ow1.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I guess I never noticed the lack of a skin earning mechanic in OW2. I realize that this game is just not for me as I'm not a PVP team shooter kinda person even though I find the overall setting and aesthetic rather compelling. I mostly just hop on and play through a bot match to get a taste of the action and check out the fun powers of different characters. I think I'd like the PVE expansion, but I don't wanna get my hopes up.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I guess I never noticed the lack of a skin earning mechanic in OW2. I realize that this game is just not for me as I'm not a PVP team shooter kinda person even though I find the overall setting and aesthetic rather compelling. I mostly just hop on and play through a bot match to get a taste of the action and check out the fun powers of different characters. I think I'd like the PVE expansion, but I don't wanna get my hopes up.

You really think these fucks are capable of creating anything? They had three years to do something with PvE and did nothing here but create a couple maps. Blizzard is fucking dead because of diversity hires. This will all course correct when people stop playing the shit! Lowest common denominator acceptance will destroy this industry as the standard gets lowered over a decade.

• 2Like

Molten Core Raider
Halloween event starts tomorrow, teaser video happily, and unsurprisingly, advertises that no skins are earnable through the event, but you're encouraged to purchase all the old OW1 Halloween skins in the shop, along with what looks like only two new skins, also only purchasable with cash. Funny part is you can earn the OW1 Winston werewolf skin as a twitch drop, so you actually get more free skins by not playing the event.

You can earn some nifty sprays though.

There's also a OWL event where if you watch the games between Oct 30 and Nov 4 you can earn OWL skins. Every 3 hours you watch, up to 30 hours, you get home and away skins for 3 characters (not your choice, there is a schedule of sorts, 3 hours is character A, B, C, then 3 more hours is D, E, F, etc). You also get skins during the finals as well for watching 2 hours for a total of 70 skins.

Last edited:
  • 1Faggotry

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Halloween event starts tomorrow, teaser video happily, and unsurprisingly, advertises that no skins are earnable through the event, but you're encouraged to purchase all the old OW1 Halloween skins in the shop, along with what looks like only two new skins, also only purchasable with cash. Funny part is you can earn the OW1 Winston werewolf skin as a twitch drop, so you actually get more free skins by not playing the event.

You can earn some nifty sprays though.

There's also a OWL event where if you watch the games between Oct 30 and Nov 4 you can earn OWL skins. Every 3 hours you watch, up to 30 hours, you get home and away skins for 3 characters (not your choice, there is a schedule of sorts, 3 hours is character A, B, C, then 3 more hours is D, E, F, etc). You also get skins during the finals as well for watching 2 hours for a total of 70 skins.
So less content than ever all while costing more than ever.

Also looked at the comments, doesnt look like anyone likes that at all;

1666711189141.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I was just thinking. The thing about Overwatch skins since it's a FPS, the only people that actually see the skin is everyone else and not you. unless you play Rein or Brig. What you think of it that way, skins are pointless in Overwatch.

• 2Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Some nods to Dark Souls or Bloodborne in the event. The bonefire was replaced by a Bloodborne latern and the Gargoyles event has a second one that spawn after the first. I might be wrong.

Molten Core Raider
I was just thinking. The thing about Overwatch skins since it's a FPS, the only people that actually see the skin is everyone else and not you. unless you play Rein or Brig. What you think of it that way, skins are pointless in Overwatch.
But, you gotta look good for your potg highlight intro!

I do agree though. For me I just liked collecting them. Id get mild FOMO during the events and play for boxes to try to catch all the skins before the event ended. The tough part for me, and apparently most of reddit, is it's just not easy to reconcile in our minds that the game isnt being built that way anymore. Like a little monkey, Ive been trained to play for my rewards and now the rewards are gone.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I saw that you got nothing for the event and stopped caring.

What even is the point of this game anymore? There's no secondary skin grinding objective.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
The real ow2 is the new cashshop. Thats really the only thing thats truly changed.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
The OW sub is working overtime to shill for Blizzard and the god awful cashshop;

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The best thing to do is QUIT PLAYING THIS PIECE OF SHIT AND UNINSTALL.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like