Overwatch 2

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I watched a bit of this streamed cause I haven't played in a looong time (and deleted BNet some time ago). Game looks literally exactly the same? Maps, characters, mechanics...
Maybe read the thread. It's not a new game

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
After putting some hours into it the past few days, Ive decided mystery heroes is no longer fun. It seems way too easy and common for rng to completely bone you. Couple tanks and couple healers on the other team? GG, next.
It’s ironic that they buffed all the tanks and went to 1 tank in role queue to avoid having “too many shields” because it’s going to have the opposite effect in every other play mode. You thought 2 normal tanks was bad? Wait till people start rolling through with 2 beefed up tanks in open queue, mystery heroes, 3v3 elim, etc.

OW2 is fun for now, but at its core it’s antithetical to the OW spirit. The whole idea was to have a paper-rock-scissors system with lots of hero changes each match and a slate of heroes who are all “equal” in their own way. Now they’re trying to destroy the paper-rock-scissors system and intentionally making tanks more valuable than DPS and support.

Long term, it’s not going to work. They’ll either be able to keep it balanced for role queue where each team is limited to one tank or for every mode where each team can have multiples of every class. They won’t be able to pull off both.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They bugged tanks and certain healers too much to fit the new meta.

Playing Moira I’m contastly crushing dps in 1v1

Dps is shit, a solid tank with heals never dies

Junkerqueen os far OP.

Lots of older character rendered useless - this was never tested

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I agree that Junker Queen is OP. She also has a small frame and she is really hard to notice compared to other tanks.

Cybsled

Ya, it's the size that throws me off. She is like the size of Reaper/Pharah, so even if one is on my team, I don't intuitively know to look for her in order to heal them/etc

Molten Core Raider
Bastion is currently bugged and with his ult you can fire like 20 mortar shells. Hilarious, very scary, and hopefully fixed soon.

• 1Worf

gauze

Molten Core Raider
They bugged tanks and certain healers too much to fit the new meta.

Playing Moira I’m contastly crushing dps in 1v1

Dps is shit, a solid tank with heals never dies

Junkerqueen os far OP.

Lots of older character rendered useless - this was never tested

I definitely don't see JQ as OP, but I agree with her frame being a lot smaller makes her difficult to spot/kill right off the bat. As a Hanzo main, her whole kit is probably the easiest to delete out of the tanks. Her challenging shout or w/e kinda doodoo, but good for team.. and its her only real mitigation, no? Maybe I just haven't seen an exceptionally good one yet, but they're pretty easy to deal with. I play w/ one who has only played her, ex-dps main, and while he does stuff.. its nothing overtly oppressive that feels the game is broken or instant team fight win. If i'm on Kiriko, you legit just shut out her ult like it was nothing with her suzu.. half the time when she dives in with her ult, the team doesn't even follow. You can even Orisa spear her when she's winding up. Personally, as it stands now.. I think she needs a buff of some sort; but i'm sure with enough time people will understand her kit better.

I've found Orisa's new kit to be pretty oppressive. It feels a bit overloaded but idk.. other than that I don't think any of the tanks have been problematic outside of being a tank. The only problem I really see is people playing tanks like Doomfist or Hog as like flankers and off-tanks.. so there is a lack of front-line pressure. Regardless, don't doubt there is adjustments here and there that need to be made; just nothing that is "this or lose" situation.

Only characters I feel that are suboptimal are like echo, tracer, bap, hammond, and maybe widow.. but it could equally be skill issues. I think Genji has it best currently w/ the -1. Hes been the only DPS that I've seen consistently do

edit; Oh, the scariest most op thing imo.. is kitsune + ana ult on rein or really anyone.. but rein; jesus fucking christ.

Last edited:

Cybsled

As a support, I've been in a lot of comp games where genji just dives the backlines and murders everyone because heavens forbid healers have reasonable cooldown escape mechanisms

Cybsled

Supposedly they have been encountering issues migrating OW1 credit to OW2. When I first played OW2, almost all the characters were locked. Then the next day I could play everyone except the new fox girl

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its a bug. You need to close OW and relaunch and it will allow you select as normal.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Placed Bronze 5 as support!

I haven't played in a year or two but it feels like I do zero dmg myself and then get melted/focused by the enemy. Might just be that I suck really bad though.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Tyler1 got a 10 year mute in Overwatch when it first came out. He was paid to do a sponsored stream for OW2 by Blizzard and that mute from the first game carried over to this "new" game.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So, I restarted playing this after 2-3 years away. I used to oscillate between Gold and Silver in all roles, with a few times going into Platinum.

I got put into Bronze 1 as a healer, Silver 2 as a DPS(Mei), and Bronze 4 as a tank. Pretty disappointing results, I guess 2-3 years away from playing made me rusty, still expected better.

Like many people said, this is Overwatch 1.2, it's not Overwatch 2. A few new heroes, game mode and 5v5, for 2 years without update on Overwatch 1? I think Overwatch 1 would have been much further along if they had just improved it and added heroes on a regular basis.

Cybsled

I got dumped in bronze1 as well even though I was top heals and won more than lost

Their rank placement system is wonky. Some pro players reported getting put in silver and shit lol

• 1Truth!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
It's not fair he has such godlike aim.

I like how the dva completely ignores him.
I got dumped in bronze1 as well even though I was top heals and won more than lost

Their rank placement system is wonky. Some pro players reported getting put in silver and shit lol
Yeah. I bounced all around diamond in OW1 and was placed in bronze 3 for support.