Overwatch 2

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'll be watching to see how it affects the broadcast. There's a break this week, thank the gods. I watched so much the past few weeks my eyes were bleeding.

In addition to the regular games the eastern region has contenders teams in the mix, and those matches were on weekdays.

I think it is likely they do kill it off. After that we'll return to small tournaments like the atlantic showdown, monthly melees, and the big daddy Apex in Korea on the OGN tv channel. Maybe some of the existing pro teams will get back into it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blizzard/Activision is 100% the worst gaming company, beyond EA and 2k. OW2 is easily the biggest fuckup in gaming history.

Change my mind

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Esports leagues really need to develop naturally. OWL had great initial success, but that was in part due to the fact OW was still very popular when it first launch and you gained coins for watching on twitch, which you could then use to buy skins in the game. It's no mystery that viewership tanked once they moved to Youtube and couldn't do the coin thing anymore, then the game started to fade in popularity.

Have reasonably priced skins, and I'd gladly pay. Ditch the coins too. Let me pay with $$$. They could have kept the player base engaged with reasonably priced stuff.

This 100%. They went way too fucking hard on the greed asking $20-30 for a skin. Warzone had the same issue - the only stuff people were willing to spend more cash on were the crossover skins (like Terminator), the titty skins, or the p2w skins like the old Rose one that made you virtually impossible to see in a dark room.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
OWL seems very business as usual today. I did notice this funny error though:

error.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game's last hope starts on Thursday.

season-6-summary-v0-d55l4enkywgb1.jpg

Last edited:

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Look pretty great. I only hit level 100 on Season 5 and barely touched the game in the last 3 weeks.

I will see tomorrow I guess.

Last edited:

Araxen

40k was the Steam peak today. This game is going to go the way of HOTS.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What’s going on with this games reviews? I don’t follow it. Have never seen a game this badly reviewed before.

1691755608525.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
What’s going on with this games reviews? I don’t follow it. Have never seen a game this badly reviewed before.

View attachment 486182
They relaunched the game as Overwatch 2 promising PvE, then a year later announced no PvE. So it's still just Overwatch 1.

You can pay $15 for what they managed to make before abandoning the concept though.

Every decision has been transparently done to just make more money via microtransactions, lower development costs and sports league franchising at the expense of the players.

• 1Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Game is up to 72,000 players on steam today.

I played the PVE stuff, and it's the exact formula as all the other event PVE modes. Walk to a stop point, kill a bunch of shit, move to the next stop point and repeat. It's very boring. You can get through it all in under an hour.

The plot is pretty cool though. The game has been around seven years, and they are still only reforming up the Overwatch team in game that's how slowly the lore of the game has moved since the release of Overwatch 1.

1691770571288.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goonsquad Officer
Game is up to 72,000 players on steam today.

I played the PVE stuff, and it's the exact formula as all the other event PVE modes. Walk to a stop point, kill a bunch of shit, move to the next stop point and repeat. It's very boring. You can get through it all in under an hour.

The plot is pretty cool though. The game has been around seven years, and they are still only reforming up the Overwatch team in game that's how slowly the lore of the game has moved since the release of Overwatch 1.

View attachment 486222
Esports though!

Esports

....esports

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff

These were pretty decent even without knowing the context of the missions they bookend. Still so bizarre that they have whiffed as bad as they have overall with 'Overwatch 2'

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
You almost have to begrudgingly admire how much of a massive fuckup this game is

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck is dva 21 when this game is 7 years old?

Also their lore/art people have never communicated. In the Ashe introduction cinematic its pretty obvious her and mcree where romantically involved at one point. Shortly after that the guy in charge of their comics or whatever came out and said actually they where just friends nothing more.

Last edited: