Overwatch

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Every few times I load up overwatch it defaults to window mode, I don't know why.

Does anyone else have this issue? It also sets the resolution to 1920x1080(99*) despite me putting it at (144). The resolution only changes when the window mode changes.
Are you clicking on another window as it's loading? Seems like if I go to my other monitor right after i click play, it will start up in windowed. alt-enter will put it back full screen.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Nah I'm just hitting the "Play" button and that's it. It seems to be somewhere between 33-50% of the time. It's not game-breaking, but it is mildly annoying.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, mine is/was doing that also. Last time I put it into windowed borderless and it just stays like that.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
From the official forums, blue posts.

May 24
Mallikowski,

It sounds like there may be a permissions issue with the settings file. Try right clicking on the launcher and select the "Run as admin" option. See if you're able to save changes after doing that.

If not, Chronik1130's suggestion is a good one. Deleting the file will allow the game to recreate it with default permission settings.
The settings file should be located in your Documents folder, not the game directory. The default path would be:
c:\Users\[account]\Documents\Overwatch\Settings\Overwatch

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
McCree fan damage down to 45 per shot. Widow bodyshots down to 120 damage. Zenyatta confirmed playable again!

Needless

Toe Sucker
So left click is still 35-70 and fan is flat 45 per shot? that's not too bad. It's still going to destroy anybody that isn't a tank, and even then still probably kill a tank with FTH > Roll > FTH

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The nerf to Mcree ONLY targetted his damage to tanks, not other heroes. If you get one v one with a Mcree he will kill you, don't engage up close.

The nerf to WM just proves to me she wasn't as broken as people thought.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Plenty of shit mcrees getting 20 yard fans off and only hitting with 3 rounds killing me. Now I'll survive that right click skilling.

They should make Zenyattas right click a 3 orb fan with a 3 second cooldown imo.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol they reversed the nerf on his FTH recovery too, he got a nerf but he also got a buff with his right click. (0.75s > 0.3s like it was)

and as a side note: widowmakers headshot is still 300 since they buffed headshot damage to 2.5x

Xevy

Log Wizard
45 hp per shot? Jesus. That's probably a bit too much. Should've dropped it to 55 or 50 at most. That means you have to hit 5/6 shots to kill most characters and you can no longer one shot Zarya or Bastion. Also can't kill Roadhog with 2 fans and a flash now. That's probably okay as he needs to be a McCree counter anyways and he's always been free headshots at range.

Widow nerf seems minor and only helps basically 2 characters: Tracer and Zenyatta. I still preferred they also lowered her sniper shot count.

Needless

Toe Sucker
FTH recovery revert is really nice though, it'll make a big difference

also don't forget flash does 25 damage

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think that was just speculation? the official taiwan forums have the patch notes up on it and it only mentions those changes (reduced damage, and reduced recovery time on FTH)

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah you need to land 4/6 to kill a 200 HP hero with flash + fan. That may be a bit much. Happy with the Widow nerfs. I'm glad they gave her increased crit multi. Let godlike Widows continue to dominate games but stop letting shit Widows dominate them as well. Also no one is talking about the fact that it sounds like they got rid of Widow's spamming alt-fire to enter snipe so much faster (eg; quickscope) which seems like a huge change as well. Makes her much, much less mobile while trying to land skirmish level snipes.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah you need to land 4/6 to kill a 200 HP hero with flash + fan. That may be a bit much. Happy with the Widow nerfs. I'm glad they gave her increased crit multi. Let godlike Widows continue to dominate games but stop letting shit Widows dominate them as well. Also no one is talking about the fact that it sounds like they got rid of Widow's spamming alt-fire to enter snipe so much faster (eg; quickscope) which seems like a huge change as well. Makes her much, much less mobile while trying to land skirmish level snipes.
I tried to use the quick snipe method and I just found it to be a burden. I'm glad it's gone.

Tenks

It was the best way of trying to gain perspective on the entire battlefield after landing a snipe. So you snipe, quickly pan out so you can see everything and then scope again. Now with Widow she has to either play with big blind spots because she's scoped or this is a very soft nerf to her charging speed because you'll have to release scope and wait a little while to be allowed back into your scoping animation. Either way I like it. It feels like they did some good changes to her while not completely removing her from the game.

Tenks

Also the "High Bandwidth Mode" change was to make 60 hz custom games actually function. They've been broken since launch.