Overwatch

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Very happy they seem to be doing very minor nerfs to see how things flesh out instead of knee jerking.

spronk

FPS noob
10m players and growing
Overwatch on Twitter:

y9GcAuf.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Overwatch Patch Notes June 14, 2016 - Overwatch Forums

A new patch is now live on Windows PC. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.

To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum.

For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum.

For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum.

Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

McCree

Peacekeeper - Alternate fire

Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds

Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45 (Probably reverse patch form this)

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

WidowMaker

Widow's Kiss - Alternate fire (Scoped Shot)

Base damage decreased from 15 to 12

Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged

Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x

Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping

Infra-Sight (Ult)

Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%

*Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable-even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game. *

Bug Fixed

Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games

Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall

Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on a certain maps

Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also don't really think this WM nerf is going to change her like a lot of you hope, she's still going to own people.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
After most of you bailed I kept playing to get revenge on the Genji. We were a 3man group but I don't know the other 2 guys I was grouped with because I wasn't group leader and didn't invite... Enob and someone else, are they from this board?

Anyway, faced the Genji & his team 3 more times and won all 3
biggrin.png

We just had a few bad games/bad comp/whatevers. He wasn't all that great, a Genji can steamroll if nobody focuses or counter picks. I think 1 game we had 2x Soldier 76 who does poorly vs Genji. A Mei or McCree would have stopped him np. If you recall, we beat him & his team on Hanamura and they couldn't even take 1st point. Then they won a few, then you all left, then next game we defended King's Row and they barely got past point 1... they took it eventually but then stalled.
I'm a semi-lurker, yep. Don't post all that often but love gaming with all of you. Other dude was an RL buddy of mine.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
FPS noob here. I haven't played one competitively since UT2004 I think. If I didn't like the twitch nature of HoTS nor depending on teamwork from complete strangers, is it safe I won't like Overwatch either?

Yes, twitch and HoTS is probably an exaggeration. I just don't consider my reflexes that good nor do I like depending on split-second reactions to win games. Similar reasons I don't play SC2 multiplayer anymore.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you enjoyed games like tfc, but you're old and decrepit and your reflexes have gone to shit overwatch is just the game to get into. There are some heroes that require very little in terms of reflexes and certain heroes counter other heroes so hard that you would have to get drastically outplayed to lose/win so game knowledge can trump some natural skill.

Edit - Its not split second decision making, but you do have to think on the fly on how you want to approach from what you see from the enemy team because you may look at the timer and think you have plenty of time left with 4 minutes remaining, but really thats only about 5 more pushes as a team most likely so you need to adjust quickly.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
FPS noob here. I haven't played one competitively since UT2004 I think. If I didn't like the twitch nature of HoTS nor depending on teamwork from complete strangers, is it safe I won't like Overwatch either?

Yes, twitch and HoTS is probably an exaggeration. I just don't consider my reflexes that good nor do I like depending on split-second reactions to win games. Similar reasons I don't play SC2 multiplayer anymore.
Unless you're playing a puzzle game or turn-based RTS then twitch will always have advantages, but this game certainly has lower barriers. There aren't many "split-second" decisions, most heroes are more "wait for the best time". There are some very twitchy heroes, and also not very twitchy at all heroes. The least twitchy are probably Reinhardt/Roadhog/Mei/Mercy/Symmetra/Torbjorn/Bastion/Lucio

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider

If you have a brain in your head, the ability to recognize when you need to change characters, and understand what an objective is, you will be better than 80% of those currently playing. The not liking having to depend on strangers will probably kill the game for you, however, unless you have friends who you can play with consistently. Solo queue in this game has far and away the least skilled/coordinated playerbase of any team based game I've ever played and you will be frustrated on a regular basis. We're a month in and people still let Bastion dominate, still piss themselves when the other team has a turrent, still don't understand what a payload is or that you need to stay inside the cap point to contest it. It's basically LFR level play in a shooter. The more casual you are the more fun you are going to have.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

This is a game that has a hero for everyone. You don't really need twitch-like reflexes but you do rely on teamwork from people. Thankfully, there's a pretty solid RR group and (most) people don't care if you're a low-level/low-skill player. Of course there are tryhards or ragers, but generally I've had a good time playing with everyone.

It's an objective-based FPS, so if you solo queue it can be rage-inducing at times.

The exp difference between a win/loss is like 500 exp though, so it's not a big deal.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is a game that has a hero for everyone. You don't really need twitch-like reflexes but you do rely on teamwork from people. Thankfully, there's a pretty solid RR group and (most) people don't care if you're a low-level/low-skill player. Of course there are tryhards or ragers, but generally I've had a good time playing with everyone.

It's an objective-based FPS, so if you solo queue it can be rage-inducing at times.

The exp difference between a win/loss is like 500 exp though, so it's not a big deal.
600, but yeah, losing/winning doesn't bother me so much in this game. It feels very satisfying getting a close win either in overtime or countering some cheese, but other than that I'm usually indifferent on winning or losing.

And to echo what others have said, a game like this is always best when played with friends.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
600, but yeah, losing/winning doesn't bother me so much in this game. It feels very satisfying getting a close win either in overtime or countering some cheese, but other than that I'm usually indifferent on winning or losing.

And to echo what others have said, a game like this is always best when played with friends.
Really? So it's not like losing a close game in Hearthstone to some bullshit top deck?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It depends entirely on your personality type how enraging you'll find losing. If you're prone to rage in video games this one will be no different.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Really? So it's not like losing a close game in Hearthstone to some bullshit top deck?
No there isn't that degree of RNG in Overwatch, if a game is close it's usually won by the team that got the most out of the ultimates they had at the end and who adapted to changing their characters up for the final push, you're not gonna get C'thund in the butthole or RNG ragnaros'd or whatever the fuck that shitty cardgames rng is

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
It depends entirely on your personality type how enraging you'll find losing. If you're prone to rage in video games this one will be no different.
I'm not one to rage, but hearthstone can bring out the beast in me.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hearthstone can definitely make you mad. Maybe someone causing raid wipes repeatedly would be an example everyone else can relate to. And yet I keep playing it.

Anyway, I did not mean to derail. A few of my friends are playing it so I wanted to see if it was worth the efford, thanks for the responses.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Man, Junkrat is so fun to play. Favorite by far.

At level 43 and Id been getting skins for all the characters I don't use, then finally lucked out and got the scarecrow Junkrat skin from a loot box, that made me giddy. I have 1200 coinage saved up that I was going to use but now that I got that skin, I dont know what I want to spend it on. Guess I shall continue to stockpile.