Overwatch

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I dislike Ilios and Lijiang tower the most. Most of the maps just have large swaths of wasted real estate no where near the points and too much environmental death bullshit that forces Lucio picks. But I've gone on record as to hating that hero to his concept core.

Needless

Toe Sucker
how in sweet baby jesus' booty can you hate Lucio?! hes like the only fun support hero in the gaaaaaaaame!

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Of the Assault maps (Hanamura/Volskaya/Anubis), Hanamura is my favorite. Seems most balanced. Breaking in point B isn't as daunting compared Anubis and Volskaya. Hanamura has like 6+ different entrances (right-3rd level, right-2nd level, right-basement, center, left window, left porch which also has 3 entrances to main room) to attack from and from multiple angles whereas Volskaya only 3-4 (right hall,elevator/window, main entry, left window) but all from same direction and anubis only 3 all from same direction (left hall, center, right hall).

As Defense I also enjoy Hanamura because imo Point A is not as daunting to defend compared to point A on Volskaya & Anubis. Defending point B is tougher but if you grind out the clock on A then it's not so bad. On Abubis/Volskaya it always seems like you need to hold Point B for 7 minutes.
Volskaya is probably my favorite of the lot. Maybe because I play flanker characters mostly and the map is deceptively open once you learn some of the routes. Like most people never, ever take the "hidden" path to the left on Volskaya A. Very few people take the path to the right (near that hut with the HP pack) on Volskaya B. If you can disrupt and cause chaos with a Genji or a Tracer back there suddenly the front entrance is only guarded by 3 or so players and it is more open up. With Hanamura B it is almost impossible to flank. You simply have to enter the thunderdome and the thunderdome covers all possible entrances save the top entrance (which is also why you should almost always group and assault from the top.) Same with Anubis but Anubis is a bit more open and free for Genji to jump around.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Environmental kills favor picking Pharah, Roadhog and D'Va too. Environmental deaths are a nice addition to the game imo.

Tenks

Its funny the only reason Lijiang is the "favored" comp KOTH is because it lacks environmental kills for the most part. There are a few spots obviously but not nearly as bad as Nepal and certainly not as bad as Illios.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
all 3 maps of Lijiang have environ death traps, though. what?

Nepal would have the most easily avoidable environ deaths I'd think... 2 maps only have environ deaths at the edge which not a lot of fighting occurs at (Village & Shrine) ... Sanctum is obviously a huge death trap though.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
how in sweet baby jesus' booty can you hate Lucio?! hes like the only fun support hero in the gaaaaaaaame!
Because I hate black people.

I don't like how powerful and simultaneously passive his kit is. And I hate being shoved off and edge because of shit netcode where I wasn't even in line for the shove off to nowhere on my screen.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because I hate black people.

I don't like how powerful and simultaneously passive his kit is. And I hate being shoved off and edge because of shit netcode where I wasn't even in line for the shove off to nowhere on my screen.
His knockback is like the entire screen and hitboxes are huge. Unless you are actually behind him it pretty much hits you.

Also people sure bitch about netcode a lot. I would love to see them silently change it and have everyone still complain about something that isn't there instead of just playing the game :p

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Only a Blizzard game can make everyone experts on netcode and tick rate. Back in my day we just said LAAAAAAAAAG. Now apparently everyone has 8ms pings and expects things to happen exactly it does on the screen. Doesn't anyone remember shooting ahead of an opponent in a FPS?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
95% of people (maybe more) that talk about tick rate still don't understand how it works. It's a somewhat obscure process that is pretty niche to bitch about until suddenly Blizzard gets involved in it in a meaningful way.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As a filthy casual, I don't care about either right now. I'm having too much fun.

Tenks

all 3 maps of Lijiang have environ death traps, though. what?

Nepal would have the most easily avoidable environ deaths I'd think... 2 maps only have environ deaths at the edge which not a lot of fighting occurs at (Village & Shrine) ... Sanctum is obviously a huge death trap though.
I'm just going on what I heard. I think the only beef some people have is Gardens. Which will only be worse now that Pharah should be more meta since the McCree nerf.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
95% of people (maybe more) that talk about tick rate still don't understand how it works. It's a somewhat obscure process that is pretty niche to bitch about until suddenly Blizzard gets involved in it in a meaningful way.
The example in the video I posted is pretty bad. Never saw anything close to that in bf4.

Tenks

Most of the complaints are about Roadhog hook and I think that is simply because Roadhog's hook as some weird internal mechanics where it feels half hitscan half projectile

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Roadhog's hook is super weird but as you said, that's something with the skill itself. It's like a delayed hitscan because the animation to throw it out is longish but then it instantly connects, and if it hits any part of your hitbox it's a full tag which leads to a bunch of wonky-ass pulls or attempted pulls. I grabbed a Pharah on a balcony I could barely see by her head but she had gotten just far enough to get stuck on a pillar instead of getting pulled to me, I think she was floating or something because if she was just walking I would have expected the pull to work. There's tons of interactions like that that just break the physics of the game and make it feel super inconsistent even when it isn't, although I would say the hook interactions ARE inconsistent.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lucio is pretty awesome especially once you start getting used to him. Decent in a fight very fast and super useful in getting team to the fight and then keeping them alive during it. And his agility once you get used to it makes him a hard target to keep track of.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm the Widow you are looking for on the RR teams!

I'm not the greatest, but I'm pretty solid I think. If I have a team in front of me distracting I can go to town all day.

I had a 34 kill streak on Pharah on Nepal last night, it was pretty nasty. Going 34-0 and then hitting that first death is soul crushing. Wanted that whole game without dieing on a 3 round koth lol.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Parroting a Blizzard dev doesn't make the tick rate issue any less true. And just because you've never noticed it before doesn't mean people haven't been talking about tick rates for years. The only reason you think it's suddenly an issue is because Blizzard has a large fan base, so there are more people to complain about it. Anyone who played BF4 both before and after the tick rate changes can tell you that it most certainly was a big deal and raising it dramatically cut down on bullshit kills. The current tick rate adds an extra 40ms of delay on top of your own latency and the up to 250ms cushion that Blizzard gives people with bad connections. Watch the 17 minute video Blizzard put out about it, they say as much themselves. Add these things up all together and there are a ridiculous amount of kills that aren't kills, skills that you used that didn't get used, etc. People say PotG isn't accurate, but it's entirely accurate. What isn't accurate is what you are seeing on your screen.