Overwatch

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Make it require los so people have a chance to shoot her down while she flies in.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I hear ya. I was being scouted by NFL teams to be the starting QB/head cheerleader fucker but then I blew out my shoulder.
You too, I once scored 4 touchdowns in a single game. Polk high brah.

rrr_img_136264.gif

Really though I think the biggest issue is the hitboxes. You can tell they designed them to work for console.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
whats the deal with torbjorn getting on the mvp board for turret kills. genji is mvp oppressed

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've gotten mvp things on Genji while I've been practicing him and I am noooooootttttt good with him :p all it takes is a few well-timed E's or Ult and boom, Genji-mode. I think I've gotten cards for deflect damage the most, but I push deflect a lot (and then it's on cooldown when enemy Pharah ults)

Also, Koreans are notoriously bad at FPS games, I'm not sure making it slightly more moba-like will help. Right now NA seems to be repping the OW scene but time will tell.

Picasso3

I must be worse than not good.

It just seems like there's some serious bias towards e skill shit, like why would it be noteworthy if torb kills people with a turret? I'm pretty sure I've had multiple golds and potg and it'll come up with damage reflected or not at all.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those cards are heavily biased towards unique stats on champs. It usually won't show a damage/elimination card unless it is WAY above the next best. E.g. the only time I've seen a damage dealt card for myself, I did 35% of the teams damage, which means I did more than 2-3 other people combined most likely.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The cards, especially, are heavily biased towards certain ones. Unique seem to be more common but even among those there always seems to be one that always wins out. I've been playing a lot more Zarya on KotH maps and I get that number of barriers projected card about 90% of games, whether I did well or not. High energy kill cards happen occasionally but only with a good performance. Then there's the occasional objective time card or something, but god damn, if there's a Zarya in game she pretty much instantly pulls the barrier projection card.

Healers are similar, if you've even remotely done your job as Lucio or Mercy, here's your % of team damage healed card. If Reinhardt is using his shield at all, here's your damage blocked card. Pharah's direct rocket hits card is another that comes to mind. Takes some skill but if you clear 20% (most below average performance should still hit at least 20%) you'll probably get a card.

I'm sure there's more I'm missing but other than Pharah, those are all tanks/supports. I'm perfectly alright with that extra congratulatory nod to the workhorse classes. Anything to try to condition the K/D kids on how to properly play a team game is alright in my books.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
I must be worse than not good.

It just seems like there's some serious bias towards e skill shit, like why would it be noteworthy if torb kills people with a turret? I'm pretty sure I've had multiple golds and potg and it'll come up with damage reflected or not at all.
The same reason it's noteworthy when anyone else makes a high impact contribution with their skillset? If potg is Torb jacking off while his turret kills three people nobody else was really turning the game around with big plays now were they?

Jacking off to potg is kind of retarded when it's so damn vague anyway. Pharah ulted 5 people down for potg after I froze them with a Mei ult. But the actual potg was the Icewall trapping them and the rest of the team bottling them in place until they froze. The Pharah ult was just wasteful overkill haha.

Medals fucked if I know. Assume they come up based on exceeding the average value based on map and mmr.

Picasso3

What I'm getting at is him killing half as many people with a turret as opposed to anyone else's doing it with the primary or alt is hardly noteworthy.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
potg is just never going to be very accurate in a game like this. Too many variables. Do you show off a game winning play, flashy plays, rare achievements, or what? Yesterday on Attack on Anubis we were stalemate for a good 5mins, I find an opening to Reaper Ult on the point, eliminating 2 opponents, it allowed rest of team to push in and cap for the win. Potg was the Genji triple kill from whenever-the-fuck that meant jack-all because defense still held for a while longer. Was his flashy play the "potg" or is mine since it lead to the win? Could also make cases for the tank/healer every game since they are basically required to win any game. I want a way to skip potg & cards so I can look at my own stats (and xp gain) quicker.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Why do some placeables start their cool down and others don't? And why does Junkrat retain his trigger upon dying so that he can right click in the spawn room?

Enob

Primary/alt fire PotG are pretty rare anyway. I don't see much difference between the AFK Torb plays and the "Press Q to PotG" plays. Neither requires much skill and make up 80-90% of PotG. Hell, I saved a video of one of my "best plays" of killing all 6 (100 to zero) of the enemy team within the time frame of the PotG. Then right after I saved it I realized it wasn't anything out of the ordinary except playing against bad players that let me do that to them. It was Numbani, dropped a Junkrat tire on the payload from above killing 5.84 of them outright. Jumped down, missed 2 grenades, then shift mined the last 16% of Roadhog's health. Almost no skill involved.

I just wish the enemy team would feel as ashamed as they should for allowing a turret with no protection to kill enough of them to give that Torb the PotG.

Picasso, I think you might be on to something by mentioning primary/alt fire. It would be great if they added a weight to those types of killstreaks to highlight actual player skill. Then it still gets hairy, as it might be flashier, but less influential, etc. It might not fix the busted system but it would certainly give more variety to the current stream of ults.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been seeing way more non-ult POTG the past week or so, not sure if they changed the weighting or people are getting better at dodging ults, but a few of the POTGs have been laughably mundane. I had one as Genji with no ult, no deflect, and I honestly could not even identify anything special about it, it was just 10 seconds of gameplay from a random part of the patch.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
potg is just never going to be very accurate in a game like this. Too many variables. Do you show off a game winning play, flashy plays, rare achievements, or what? Yesterday on Attack on Anubis we were stalemate for a good 5mins, I find an opening to Reaper Ult on the point, eliminating 2 opponents, it allowed rest of team to push in and cap for the win. Potg was the Genji triple kill from whenever-the-fuck that meant jack-all because defense still held for a while longer. Was his flashy play the "potg" or is mine since it lead to the win? Could also make cases for the tank/healer every game since they are basically required to win any game. I want a way to skip potg & cards so I can look at my own stats (and xp gain) quicker.
I loved a play of a game where reaper got 5 kills and in the last second of the POTG you see mercy rezing all of them. DIE DIE DIE to which mercy answered NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Enob

Hah. That's a pretty great one. 10 seconds of bouncing around every possible direction before finally getting the kill.