Overwatch

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm at a 42, think I got hosed on a couple of the placement matches but maybe I just suck. It's been a while since I looked at this thread, I don't see my info on the group list. If anybody other scrubs want to group I'm Brando01#1455.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Placed @ 52. The last few placement matches were frustrating because it was obvious the people I was playing with/against weren't better I just had a few idiots on the team. Unfortunately its really hard to overcome an individually weak player especially one who thinks they need to play DPS.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm mildly annoyed. I went 7-3 in placements (W W W L W W W W L L) and got 48. Meanwhile friends who I regular carry (and was grouped with for the last 2 loses, while I wasn't for most of the wins) who got shit like 5-5 or 6-4 placed higher than me. We play together almost nightly, I regularly have play of the game, regularly have 3+ golds, and I have the highest individual win rate amongst us (they are all sub 50%, I'm like 52-53%). They all got like 52-56. I don't understand.

Also, there is definitely some shit bugged. I ended up going 20-8 last night in ranked after placement last night and I'm like halfway through 50. But jesus sometimes you lose a match and lose an entire fucking level, which is completely absurd when you have a super long game on a map like Temple of Anubis. When we double cap faster with more remaining time, but go to sudden death and coin toss defense and lose in overtime it's the fucking worst feeling ever to lose an entire level after what was a pretty close game all around. KoTH was so much better for Sudden Death than this coin toss bullshit.

Then you go win a koth and get almost no skill gain at all, it's the fucking worst.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think there's something buggy too... like you gain A LOT less if the match was a stomp, regardless if the player ranks are similar. Im 10-4 overall and still only 48.
Also Seagull was saying performance likely a factor and supports/tanks dont gain as much as carries

Fadaar

That guy
Just had 33k damage blocked, lmao holy fuck

also got rank 65!

WJrS8sU.jpg
Didn't get the screenshot from the match, but I had a pretty ridiculous block number during one of my placements. Nearly 42k.

Went 6-4 and ended up at 52 rating. Hard to be flashy when I played Rein almost exclusively.

jtf41YK.jpg

ZJacZuh.jpg

xzi

Mouthbreather
That is absurd. I don't know how in breaking my shield that many times they still didn't push but jesus!

Fadaar

That guy
Pretty sure on both offense and defense for that (King's Row if I remember right) it went down the wire for both, with us holding out on defense and capping either in OT or barely any time left on offense. So a very long match to say the least.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That's kinda sad, 2 gold medal objective kills, and objective time, 2silver for elimination and damage. Lost King's Row 3-1 I think(not sure exactly) and still lost 3/4 of a level...so even a good performance doesn't seem to matter...win-loss seems to be most of the rating. Or I can only imagine how bad the rank the others lost.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's kinda sad, 2 gold medal objective kills, and objective time, 2silver for elimination and damage. Lost King's Row 3-1 I think(not sure exactly) and still lost 3/4 of a level...so even a good performance doesn't seem to matter...win-loss seems to be most of the rating. Or I can only imagine how bad the rank the others lost.
Are not medals just for your team? So you may be the best of your team but if the entire other team is better, not much you can do.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Are not medals just for your team? So you may be the best of your team but if the entire other team is better, not much you can do.
Also kaplan said that they had a lot of data for overall hero performance, so perhaps even if Valderen did get all golds in that particular game his performance wasn't that much better than the general average?

Fucked if I know really. I solo queue exclusively and placed at 49, stomped a game with all golds in a good performance on pharah and the xp bar barely moved up, then the next game i was asked to play trollborn so i just dropped a turret and basically did nothing the entire game (silver damage or something) and got 3/4 of a bar and ranked up to 50.

System feels a bit weird atm, there were a few opponents I played in their 50s who were obviously on their way to much higher ratings, and had some absolute potatoes as well on both sides (tracers dying on defence at enemy spawn at start of game, bastions just walking into us the whole game and dying over and over). I guess itll take 50-100 games to settle properly but QM feels much more solid than ranked does atm.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lol I feel like we'll be seeing a lot of posts about this crazy MMR shit. I don't understand it at all.

3/4 into 48 after 3 wins... then 2 losses demotes me to 47... 1 win puts me from 75% to 80% in 47... fucking lol.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If you played against unranked people you barely get any at all for a win, so if even one wasn't ranked then gg enjoy fighting for 30 minutes and not gaining anything

Fadaar

That guy
If you played against unranked people you barely get any at all for a win, so if even one wasn't ranked then gg enjoy fighting for 30 minutes and not gaining anything
So basically after doing your placement matches, don't do any for a week or two? Got it.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
One of my biggest problems is people sneaking up on me. I have some hilariously named headphones with atmos enabled, but I have a huge problem balancing hearing footsteps and hearing teammates on voice. Add to that sounds dropping out occasionally, and the volume levels seemingly randomized every time I start the game. Our mercy mumbles and is scottish. I almost need per person attenuation settings.

My other big problem is the health bar. White is a terrible color for it as it blends into the specularity of many of the maps surfaces. It needs to be movable and the color user pickable.

Those 2 + bounce noises for grenades and I feel like I'd improve greatly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well fuck, placed at 54 with 7-3. 2 losses were sudden death and 3rd loss was against rated 60+ guys. Fun times... Are the crappy looking guns really the only incentives? Some skins woulda been rad

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I think for this season it is just the golden weapons. I imagine they'll add more rewards as time goes on, but for now that's all I've seen.