Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yes but do you rage on your teammates for not playing whatever class, commit seppuku after losing, or just not get drunk and play? Lot of variation in seriously and I'm not a fan of "so serious I'm raging if we lose and satisfied if we win".
I don't rage simply because it is counter productive to actually winning the match. But if you don't care about winning or losing then you're correct QP should be your preferred game mode. But if you wish to actually put effort into the match and desire a winning outcome (and would hopefully expect your team mates to have a similar mindset to this goal) then comp is preferred game mode. If you're going to queue into comp and then go "lol its just a game bro" then just don't queue into comp.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
No one publicly rages on competitive on consoles
biggrin.png

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't rage simply because it is counter productive to actually winning the match. But if you don't care about winning or losing then you're correct QP should be your preferred game mode. But if you wish to actually put effort into the match and desire a winning outcome (and would hopefully expect your team mates to have a similar mindset to this goal) then comp is preferred game mode. If you're going to queue into comp and then go "lol its just a game bro" then just don't queue into comp.
I put the same effort in regardless of where I'm playing. Do you have some pre competitive bulk formula you juice up on beforehand or something? I'm talking about telling people what to play mainly. Always want to win but it really isn't a big deal to me when it's 6v6 randoms.

Tenks

I put the same effort in regardless of where I'm playing. Do you have some pre competitive bulk formula you juice up on beforehand or something? I'm talking about telling people what to play mainly. Always want to win but it really isn't a big deal to me when it's 6v6 randoms.
If you are 100% dead set on playing offensive Torb then just play QM. I don't always feel like playing 76 but he's far and away my best character so if I feel like winning the match I play 76. If they show tank heavy then I swap to Reaper even though I somewhat dislike playing Reaper. If they're playing flanky character I swap to McCree. If I feel like dicking around on Genji I do that in QM.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Competitive has expanded my roster cause I hate losing. In QP I'd normally chill on 1 guy but I'm playing 4-6 heroes a match now. Still avoiding Genji/Tracer/McCree in Competitive, just not good with them. Played Lucio a couple times even though I never support. Will play Roadhog/Zarya/D'va, never got into Reinhardt... I am really bad at Rein for some reason, probably too team reliant for me.

Just played a mid-day game on Nepal, went 5 rounds, Reaper(Village) -W > Reaper/Pharah/D'Va (Sanctum) -L > 76(Shrine) -W > Pharah(Sanctum) -L > 76(Shrine) -W... 45% kill participation with 60 elims, 4 gold medals, enemy team praised my Reaper on the 1st map, went 12 elims 0 deaths ... but then I died 3x in a row next map and swapped him out lol

Love the 5-rounders cause means it was a pretty decent game.

Only thing that aggravates me a bit is when someone won't hero swap because "I'm gold elims". Had 2x tracers in a match that weren't doing much, 1 swapped and the other wouldn't because "gold elims huehuehue". Yea, gold elims but most were just spray-and-pray assists.

Also playing a lot of Mei and Junkrat on defense. Don't tell McFly though, he hates Mei on his team
biggrin.png

Stalling with Mei has won me so many matches. In Competitive it's all about distance & time. Keeping the payload from moving very far ups your team's chances of winning significantly. I love Junkrat on Defense on Hanamura at Point A, and other situations as well, but I find his pressure to be insane at the door.

Tenks

I'm a Torb main Hanamura A. And Volskaya A. Although I want to try out Seagull's 76 spot on Hanamura A where you rocket jump ontop of the health pack building.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Reinhardt is an incredibly satisfying hero to play on a lot of maps. I love getting into the tighter corridors and dashing people into walls.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus... just saw Seagull go to Overtime on Hanamura and racked up 93 elims which was 77% kill participation and 27K damage, 2nd was Shadder2k with 83 elims. Seagull played Genji/Zarya/76/Pharah.

93 elims is highest I've seen so far but looking at the charts, 102+ elims ranks you top 100, and the highest seems to be 145 elims.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Jesus... just saw Seagull go to Overtime on Hanamura and racked up 93 elims which was 77% kill participation and 27K damage, 2nd was Shadder2k with 83 elims. Seagull played Genji/Zarya/76/Pharah.

93 elims is highest I've seen so far but looking at the charts, 102+ elims ranks you top 100, and the highest seems to be 145 elims.
Surefour played a Tracer game I watched yesterday that was just ungodly. He ended up with 103 elims on her and didn't even play her the entire time. He's normally ridiculously good, but when he gets in the zone it is something to behold. One minute he's playing one character, and doing really well, and the next he's like, "now I'm gonna get serious" and just goes berserk with Tracer. I never cared for watching other people play games but watching people like Seagull and Surefour is pretty fascinating.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I hope in future seasons they just replicate what HotS does now with it's ranked play and what SC2 has coming up.
I played HOTS back when they first introduced ranked and it seemed pretty retarded, what with the whole 50-40 shit and then a shitton of people being rank 1.

How is HOTS ranked now?

Tenks

I played HOTS back when they first introduced ranked and it seemed pretty retarded, what with the whole 50-40 shit and then a shitton of people being rank 1.

How is HOTS ranked now?
It is basically ranked like how SC2 will be ranked -- which is just an improvement upon SC2's ladder system. So instead of the "Rank 1" yadda yadda you're in a more abstract bucket like "Platinum 3" and going up to Grand Master. So now it is actually an accomplishment to be ranked at the highest point possible (grand master) and has a transparent leaderboard.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Surefour played a Tracer game I watched yesterday that was just ungodly. He ended up with 103 elims on her and didn't even play her the entire time. He's normally ridiculously good, but when he gets in the zone it is something to behold. One minute he's playing one character, and doing really well, and the next he's like, "now I'm gonna get serious" and just goes berserk with Tracer. I never cared for watching other people play games but watching people like Seagull and Surefour is pretty fascinating.
For some reason googling a picture of Seagull just changed my perception of him. I thought he was going to be some cool looking swagged out bro but he's a ginger.

Tenks

Why did you expect someone who play a video game 14 hours a day to be a swagged out bro?

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
It is basically ranked like how SC2 will be ranked -- which is just an improvement upon SC2's ladder system. So instead of the "Rank 1" yadda yadda you're in a more abstract bucket like "Platinum 3" and going up to Grand Master. So now it is actually an accomplishment to be ranked at the highest point possible (grand master) and has a transparent leaderboard.
The new HOTS system looks badass. Why did Blizzard just go back 2 years and start with, what appears to be, HOTS stupid system from ground zero?

Tenks

The new HOTS system looks badass. Why did Blizzard just go back 2 years and start with, what appears to be, HOTS stupid system from ground zero?
The issue is they didn't know what would work and what people want. They took their more casual and more successful game Hearthstone as a template for their ranked system. It didn't work for Heroes. So they went back and used Starcraft2 as their ranked template.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bro they need to remove snipers because my team plays me as mercy/lucio and the rest all think they are a sniper god and complain because no one gets on the objective...