Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sort of reminds me of SMNC, so that alone has me excited. It'll be great to see what can be done with that style of gameplay with a competent development team behind it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Oh cool you don't select a hero at the start. Each time you die you can revive as a different hero. Was wondering if you got locked in or not.

Tenks

Ok to use your ult you have to generate enough resource which is generated by dealing and receiving damage. So almost like an overdrive ability from Final Fantasy.

Tenks

Yeah the blizzcon stream. They're doing a shoutcast of the devs playing right now.

Tenks

This UK level and the graphics of the game remind me a bunch of Dishonored

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So the art assets from Titan resulted in this? Interesting. Was Titan going to be multi-dimensional / genre or was it always meant to be Superheroic?
Wasn't there a rumor a while ago that Titan involved time travel?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
how old is the wow engine? what year did they start working on this game? don't be stupid
What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Cartoony style ages better and has been stated by game devs tons of fucking times. It has nothing to do with catering to an audience.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's a legitimate argument to be made in there: CoD and BF franchises do well despite (or because of) their realistic art direction. Asscreed, MGS and other stealth titles do well without having to do the cartoony style.

But it's undeniable that Blizz's western-cartoon style has exploded its influence across the entirety of gaming. If behavior rewarded is behavior repeated, then considering how thoroughly Blizzard's art direction has been rewarded it's a surprise realistic games exist at all. That cartoony style has influenced just about every major game since WC3 broke out that most folks tend to forget just HOW influential it is.

Besides why do you think TF2 went to this:

engineer tf2 team fortress 2 1680x1050 wallpaper_www.wallpapermay.com_21.jpg

From this:

Tf2oldstlye.jpg

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'll give it a shot, but it doesn't seem to be that amazing. I expected something a bit more interesting TBH.

FPS games are very tricky to get the "feel" right, so you need a few PC staples like dedicated servers and a lot of control customization. The fact that you can switch heroes on the fly seems really weird, the design seems like it would lend itself to locking yourself in for a whole match.

The art style is pretty terrible, it's very generic while hitting all the right notes, there's no "this is Blizzard". If somebody showed me the screenshots, I'd guess Firefall or some asian F2P shooter. I know bitching about female portrayal in games is the hip thing now, but literally every model is tits n ass in the same pose. You can do better Blizzard, this shit is so safe.

Unless this game is F2P, it's dead.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So I watched some people play it and it feels like UT + TF2 quite a bit. Fast like UT but classes like TF2 and strats like that instead of just deathmatch.

Depending on their pricing model it's going to wreck TF2.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
A guy I work with used to work for Blizzard and said Overwatch was indeed part of Titan and basically the stripped out PvP part of the game

Devnull_sl

shitlord
What the fuck is this garbage. The most obnoxious visual style and character design I can imagine. Worn out TF2 gameplay and MOBA character mechanics. Does anyone want another F2P pvp only shooter?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Looks great except for victorian london street urchin accent, you are all too jaded.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
This game seems like a direct attempt to poach TF2s player base. It wouldnt be out line to call it TF2 rip off.

Going Head to head with Gabe and Steam? Okay. Good Luck.