Overwatch

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
FYI for everyone talking about Sombra, Ana's outfit is EXACTLY Sombra's without the mask, and some of Ana's skins even have the mask. So it's super unlikely Sombra is another new character down the pipeline.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You don't like moving stealth. There is a big difference between Riki and Clinkz vs. Templar Assassin in DOTA. Templar Assassin can only shadowmeld and remain still, so it makes it easy to kill her if you AOE the spot where she hid. Overwatch has a fuckton of AOE attacks and unlike a DOTA/HOTS/LOL, your attack abilities don't require a click-to-attack, so if you know where the person hid, it isn't hard to attack them.

Vanilla spy wasn't that amazing in TF2 and he got shit on by most classes. Pyro poofing fire basically made him useless.
Vanilla spy wasn't too good, but it was pretty annoying constantly firing at teammates to spy check, or hit your sentry to remove the sapping shit. That said those aren't linked to the invis directly, and yeah the invis itself wasn't as much of a big deal.

Plus there's no capture the flag maps in Overwatch, so being able to invis past people has limited use. As long as the invis prevents attacking and doesn't last too long, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Make it break on damage too or whatever so it can't be used as an escape(or give it a large cooldown, say as an ultimate, if it doesn't), and it'd be pretty balanced probably.

The problem then becomes, why the fuck did you bother adding invis if it's mostly fluffy garbage. I guess adding shadowmeld as a passive would work better, passive slot isn't as important as skill slot, it's inherently balanced by the fact you can't move with it and so it works out alright.

Originally they said they didn't want to add stealth to Genji, because it just didn't work, but you have to consider Genji is also a damage powerhouse and a duelling god, so giving him invis would make him fucking retarded. But if you have another char that's not designed around killing people super quick, then invis can be pretty balanced.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why would making omfgwtfbbq OP stealth move an ult change anything, though? You can already get a TK with other ults, one more low hp flanker wouldn't change stuff that much and I'm sure there will be a counter or two.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
They should announce a moving-stealth champ with a decent kit full of CC and high burst damage abilities but only available for $10.

Cybsled

The only people who bitch about stealth are the ones too cheap to buy the sentry wards or dust lol. Once you get detect, the stealth hero is food.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
The only people who bitch about stealth are the ones too cheap to buy the sentry wards or dust lol. Once you get detect, the stealth hero is food.
Eh, the argument against stealth in games is more nuanced than that. They're notoriously tough to balance. In MOBAs, they're typically either a noob trap or overpowered. My personal pet peeve with the archtype is that it gives people a false sense of productivity. They're not forced to commit so when a teamfight breaks out, they're more likely to not commit and rage at their team. Playing a stealther properly in a decently balanced game requires a lot more game knowledge than other roles, yet the people least likely to possess the skills are the ones playing it since it's typically easier to not die (you just end up doing nothing).

That being said, Tracer is frustrating to play against yet I appreciate the champ and wouldn't want her removed. I'm not adverse to stealth in OW; especially with 1 champ max in competitive, we'll need something else to satiate the insta-locking Genji crew.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think there are many ways to introduce a stealth hero that would be fun and interesting, there are just as many ways to do it that would just be frustrating.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
FYI for everyone talking about Sombra, Ana's outfit is EXACTLY Sombra's without the mask, and some of Ana's skins even have the mask. So it's super unlikely Sombra is another new character down the pipeline.
They've shown 2 shadow outlines of Sombra at this point and while similar to Ana, they are all 3 different. Ana's is more of a tattered scout cloak. One of Sombra's has looked similar, but different, and the other looks more like a poncho.

Not sure why you assume Sombra is masked. They showed an image a month or two ago of a support sniper wearing a mask against an Egyptian themed wall. Lots of people assumed that was Sombra but as we've seen that WAS Ana.

Sombra is related to Dorado lore and hints are scattered all over the map. Ana is, of course, Egyptian. Semi-related, there are terminals in Dorado with "Unauthorized Access: Protocol Sombra" on them. It's assumed, then, that she is either a hacker or an omnic. Her anatomy in the "Quien es Sombra" magazine article in game is very odd. It looks to me like the legs of a younger girl but they could just be thin robot legs. So it's assumed to be Alejandra, the girl from the S76 cinematic. That cinematic was several years before current OW timeline so throw a little age on her and there you go. She might also be Genji-like as a cyborg hacker hybrid thing.

Lastly, they have confirmed Sombra to be a separate character and coming soon through Kaplan's tweets. They've also announced the 23rd hero will will be revealed in 4 days on July 21st. So, while there's still some speculation on her identity, she is absolutely a new character in the pipeline that is separate from Ana, most likely the next character, and we'll know more shortly.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
*shrug* I'm just going off pics that other people were showing of Sombra teases - all looked identical to Ana. Could be they used the wrong pics I guess. Also first I've heard of the Kaplan tweets which I guess means all the other OW communities are useless

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The July 21st announcement seems to have been about Ana, which was announced earlier evidently.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
"it's about time that people are concerned with who Sombra is. I hope they keep researching more and find more hints that are out there."
I guess it was a Eurogamer interview, not a tweet, but that was from June 7. I agree that the communities are worthless on this stuff. It seems like communities couldn't fathom two characters in the works at the same time so lumped everything in together as "the new character." Thus, everyone thinks Ana and Sombra are the same, and still do, even after Ana is released to PTR with no connection or mention of "Sombra" anywhere in her lore. There's tons of fanart of Ana labeled as Sombra and the like but they've pretty clearly always been two separate characters.

Edit: Nope, didn't check my sources well enough. Thursday is STILL being called Sombra even though it clearly only says "the new hero." Valderen is likely right, then, and the communities continue to suck.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Maybe they'll be a stealth 'builder' type and can build a sort of "duck blind" type area where people inside can be invisible but can't use any abilities. Probably not though, I imagine they'll give them predator shiny-flux invis on a 15 second cooldown or something.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The video does point out that the voice lines seem to indicate that the heroes are aware of her presence, just that they can't see her, so I don't think it's gonna be an all encompassing stealth mechanic, or it'll have a very obvious "tell" such as a noise(say generated by the tool that lets her stealth). So it shouldn't be too bad, unless they design her kit around comboing people in a second like genji shuriken melee dash combo.

Anyway should be pretty far off, considering Ana is still on PTR and I doubt they'll release heroes back to back.

Think I'll probably pick up the game next week or the week after, Ana sounds pretty fun, as well as the changes to D-Va.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Think I'll probably pick up the game next week or the week after, Ana sounds pretty fun, as well as the changes to D-Va.
Ana is my favorite hero right now, her gameplay is just plain enjoyable.

I hope they push the PTR to live soon, since I haven't played live since PTR opened, the 1 hero limit is so great.

Cybsled

they need to ban leavers from competitive play
I lost 3 ranks today because of leavers who all left past the first 30 seconds. Blizzard needs to look up the word "penalty", because when it says you can leave with no penalty after some ass does that, losing a rank IS A FUCKING PENALTY.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I lost 3 ranks today because of leavers who all left past the first 30 seconds. Blizzard needs to look up the word "penalty", because when it says you can leave with no penalty after some ass does that, losing a rank IS A FUCKING PENALTY.
Maybe what they mean is you can leave without being suspended/banned. In all other games, to my knowledge, losing rank because of teammate faggotry (which includes AFK/leaver) is just part of the game.