Overwatch

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Trapped in Randomonia>
My friends are filled with failure too, I've just started to accept it and try to just enjoy the game.
I know the feeling there as well. I have one buddy of mine who is in the low 30's, I enjoy playing games with him but goddamn do I wish there was a separate ranked for when we team up.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe what they mean is you can leave without being suspended/banned. In all other games, to my knowledge, losing rank because of teammate faggotry (which includes AFK/leaver) is just part of the game.
It's exactly what they mean, if you read the whole message it says you'll still take a loss.

Cybsled

It does, but it is in 2 stages

You can leave the game without penalty in 30 seconds!

after 30 seconds

You can leave without penalty, but you still take a loss

Loss = penalty in ranked. They also need to scale the rank loss based on when the person quit. Some of these assholes literally wait for like 40 seconds then quit, then you're screwed.

Xalara

Golden Squire
It does, but it is in 2 stages

You can leave the game without penalty in 30 seconds!

after 30 seconds

You can leave without penalty, but you still take a loss

Loss = penalty in ranked. They also need to scale the rank loss based on when the person quit. Some of these assholes literally wait for like 40 seconds then quit, then you're screwed.
The last two days, five out of seven of my matches have had someone leave within the first two minutes. It's been extremely frustrating and I am wondering if they need to institute some harsher penalties for leavers.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Soon as i got rank 60, 50% of my games have had leavers. Weird. People give up really quick if the team isn't working well together. I've lost 5 ranks this weekend and am back to 55, not as many leavers in mid-50s it seems.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
The last two days, five out of seven of my matches have had someone leave within the first two minutes. It's been extremely frustrating and I am wondering if they need to institute some harsher penalties for leavers.
happened to us today too. People are just leaving left and right these days. All you do is put your head down when you see the red rectangle pop up on the top of the screen. All you can do is GG. Once the timer for the penalty runs its course people just ditch the game left and right and youlose so much exp.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think they need to be far more severe on leavers right away.

Right now I think you can leave a few times before you get any penalty beyond a loss.

They need to have a ban right away on the first leave...like play 1 hour of Quick Play before you can join a Competitive game again and 2 rank loss. 5 hours on 2nd leave and 5 rank loss, 10 hours on 3rd leave and 10 rank loss...season ban on 4th leave and rank set to 1 for next season.
smile.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Make a leavers queue where leavers who leave can join games and leave with fellow leavers

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think they need to be far more severe on leavers right away.

Right now I think you can leave a few times before you get any penalty beyond a loss.

They need to have a ban right away on the first leave...like play 1 hour of Quick Play before you can join a Competitive game again and 2 rank loss. 5 hours on 2nd leave and 5 rank loss, 10 hours on 3rd leave and 10 rank loss...season ban on 4th leave and rank set to 1 for next season.
smile.png
Agreed. The game is stable enough that crashes are most likely a fault with some client-side drivers or faulty hardware. If your ISP is so unstable you are constantly disconnecting games then that sucks for you but it sucks more for the 11 other people playing. Probably not the next-season carry-over rule, though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Climbed up to 50 this weekend. I climb well with Mercy, Roadhog and Reinhardt. Don't seem to be able to impact games as much with others.

Junkrat has been seriously annoying me lately though. I really think his trap needs some kind of delay. So many times I catch Junkrat off guard and he's able to turn around, throw a trap at my feet and kill me from 5 feet away. Rustles my jimmies hard.

More than losers who don't understand the concept of protecting our rear. Reinhardt is so much more effective when people guard his back.

EDIT: The sheer amount of knockback in this game (both large and small) is incredibly lame the longer I play this game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ana is my favorite hero right now, her gameplay is just plain enjoyable.

I hope they push the PTR to live soon, since I haven't played live since PTR opened, the 1 hero limit is so great.
Yeah but since it's Blizzard they're gonna stagger their patches, at least they usually do, and I believe this week there's a big wow or hots patch I read somewhere, so it'll probably be next week instead, which kinda sucks. Might just play something else until next week instead.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think legion pre-patch is this week but I don't think they do the staggering anymore. They just have too many games they patch too often now.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't realize how nice this game looks on maxed out settings, i always played on ~medium or so just to keep a decent framerate but god damn is it ever perdy with a new card.

Hurry up and buff my boy mccree so i can dink people in the head from 2000 yards away~

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I didn't realize how nice this game looks on maxed out settings, i always played on ~medium or so just to keep a decent framerate but god damn is it ever perdy with a new card.

Hurry up and buff my boy mccree so i can dink people in the head from 2000 yards away~
Conversely, I recently switched my settings to Low so that I can stay maxed out at 144 hz and I don't even really notice the difference.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just picked this up yesterday. Support/heal characters are really clicking for me as a controller player and I never expected to like those kinds of characters.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
During seagull's stream today someone asked why he wasn't streaming so much and he said he'd talk about it in a few days and sounded sad.

Not sure what that means. Team switching?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I missed that. I did hear him talking about how OP McCree is on the PTR right now though, which supports my opinions so yay :p He said something along the lines of "a short-to-midrange character shouldn't be able to also pressure a Widow from almost across the map like he can right now"

Every PTR stream I see is has McCree's chunking people from max LoS right now. I'd rather they undo the FTR nerf. Or just, you know, leave him the way he is live since people are still using him often enough anyway.