Overwatch

Ryoz

<Donor>
Yea switching to counter isn't as prevalent in the lower ranks (where I'm climbing out of) but definitely starting to see more as I rank into the 50s. We had this control torb dominating us and I switched to Genji and I basically just stuck to him all game and we ended up winning. That kind of shit feels good.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I think a lot of people just struggle to realize when they aren't having enough of an impact and should switch. I've definitely had games that feel like we can't do anything and I'll switch from Zen to Lucio and we steamroll the rest of the game. That doesn't seem like it should make that much of a difference but it easily can.

I also think sometimes people don't realize they should be focusing a certain target (like Soldier/McCree not dealing with Pharah) and getting them to do that just insta wins the game. If I'm on McCree I highly prioritize trying to kill Genji and Pharah

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just today realized I've been using Roadhog's alt-fire incorrectly since I started playing OW.

I always thought it was an aoe explosion. :(

Corrected my use, got lots of kills.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I managed to reach a new high...49, then promptly lost it, still yay me. :)

Also managed to reach 200, well 205 to be exact.

So good evening I guess. Good thing about hitting 200 is that I am back to level 1XP curve, so lots of loot boxes for leveling fast. :)

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just today realized I've been using Roadhog's alt-fire incorrectly since I started playing OW.

I always thought it was an aoe explosion. :(

Corrected my use, got lots of kills.

Yea it's all about hitting the proper distance with the alt fire. If they are too close it does shit dmg. If they are medium distance it does high dmg. You want that ball of scrap to explode then hit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea it's all about hitting the proper distance with the alt fire. If they are too close it does shit dmg. If they are medium distance it does high dmg. You want that ball of scrap to explode then hit.

Normally if you don't kill them on the initial hook and fire I pull back and they pull back and they'll be in the perfect range to finish them off with the right click.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I've found that if you have a hard time surviving the roadhog combo that you can typically throw a lot of them off by just ducking and moving forward after the hook. He's so tall, chars can sometimes just drop out of his view and they don't expect it.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
My 6 year old daughter asked me if she can play competitive on her PS4 account. I said her yes but told her it's a bit harder than quicklplay or play VS bots, stay grouped with your team and to never leave a match when it started. She did her 10 ranking matches she started rank 56.... 8 win 2 loss...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Yeah higher than me also... She main Dva, Widowmaker and I have been showing her how to play Lucio if her team ever need a healer. She sometime like Mercy because she is lucky on her skins. (She got devil Mercy and the Olympic color one)

She can't chat in group because she only speak french(Tiny bit of english) and I don't allow her to chat outside of her group.(1-2 little school buddies)

I find it cute sometime when she ask for protection, she is going for cover or healing. At her age I was playing Super Mario Bros.

Soon I will get her a computer and I will have my perfect teammate . :p

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man i was hoping you made a typo and it was 16 years old, not 6. I'm glad I live in Canada and not in the USA or I'd have easy access to a gun and shoot myself. Although if Overwatch is anything to go by, my aim would so bad I'd miss. :)

One of my friend did that, he "trained" his son and daughter from a very young age to play games with him, EQ, WoW, Magic the Gathering, D&D for the specific purpose to have partners later on. :)

It didn't work with all games, but his son and daughter played D&D with us for a very long time.

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm faced with a dilemma here
Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 1: ◾SR 0-39: 10 CPs◾SR 40-45: 20 CPs◾SR 46-49: 40 CPs◾SR 50-52: 60 CPs◾SR 53-55: 80 CPs◾SR 56-59: 120 CPs◾SR 60-64: 200 CPs◾SR 65+: 300 CPs

Do I try to push from 63 to 65 and risk deranking to get the guaranteed 300 CP or just wait till next season to grind out the last 100 or so.

edit: also LOL at the Overwatch Cup, C9 vs EnVyUs and map #2 of nepal the server crashes.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Internethulk caught cheating on stream. Twice over 2 minutes.

His envyus bros dont even react when they see it in potg, something fishy happening with that team.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm faced with a dilemma here

Do I try to push from 63 to 65 and risk deranking to get the guaranteed 300 CP or just wait till next season to grind out the last 100 or so.

edit: also LOL at the Overwatch Cup, C9 vs EnVyUs and map #2 of nepal the server crashes.

It's based on highest rank you achieved during the season, not the rank you have at the end of the season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user