Overwatch

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
The videos cut to the parts where his mouse seems to jump and fire to something that does not exist immediately after Dead Eyeing on Gibraltar

It's based on highest rank you achieved during the season, not the rank you have at the end of the season.

Oh shit really? Well then..

edit: Yep I glossed over this line and missed it:
Aside from sprays and icons, you’ll also receive a number of Competitive Points based on the maximum skill rating you achieved during the season

Last edited:

Cybsled

Season 1 ends 8/17. Rewards will be based on the max rank you achieved during the season.

Here’s the Skill Rating (SR) to Competitive Point (CP) breakdown for Season 1:

SR 0-39: 10 CPs
SR 40-45: 20 CPs
SR 46-49: 40 CPs
SR 50-52: 60 CPs
SR 53-55: 80 CPs
SR 56-59: 120 CPs
SR 60-64: 200 CPs
SR 65+: 300 CPs

Heian

Molten Core Raider
So my 6 year old will get 120 on PS4 and I will get 60 on PC?

I'm kinda proud but feel bad in the same time. :p

I'm on vacation for 2 weeks I might try to push a bit highter.

Last edited:

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good game fucking cuck faggots and mmr/mm programming. Game of 49/50/51 vs a team with a 61 mccree. Who then proceeds to just solo the game pretty much. Team ignoring him on walkways, but also just basically being a better sniper than widow could ever be. Sure they had a 40 who played a lucio so he could basically afk and contribute. Jumping in a much higher rank is far more disastrous than a lower unless it's like a troll mei...

Araxen

It surprises me these tourney's aren't in person. I guess the first one that is will be a real shocker to the community. It'll weed out the cheaters pretty easily.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Those clips do look dodgey, but im sure everyone has seen the roadhog bug with his ulti where he snaps upwards and if you look at that entire clip it happens a few times after mcree's ult. Taimo's got a video that looks weird also:

This seems like he's fighting to mouse off the lucio, but then im thinking what is he actually mousing off into because he's moving his mouse up and towards the right and there is nothing to aim at there, genji is on the other side. If you slow it down it looks like he's tracking nothing and it snaps back, though it does snap back onto the lucio directly.

Meh, none of it is 100% concrete proof, however we'd be naive to think that professional players with large cash prizes and sponsorships on the line wouldn't cheat. I remember back in the days of Quake there were fullbright skins, turning water textures off, making runes glow in ctf and replacing the quad damage sound with a .wav file that was longer and counted down to its next spawn. Nearly every single 'good' player did it, and there was some embarassment when the servers we used started requiring a client which reported modified textures/files and loads of players got caught out. This was even before aimbots, so god knows what people are using now. At the very least id think a lot of people would be using a radar of some sort. Will be interesting to see what the lan events bring and whether teams like envyus can maintain their consistency.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Played some quick play last night just to get my motions back to working and holy fuck quick play is cancer. It was team griefing with Mei, trash talking, meme central. Comp play is where it's at

Sludig

Opposite for me, starting to want to only QP. I dont mind as much shitty comps that are insta loses. (Going back to my buff sym because fuck me if she isnt auto lose on the team) I usually play some QP to warm up. Get a bunch of gold medals, do well if we lose usually, typically win the last 2-3 before going onto ranked.

Then bang, first and second game before rage quiting is teams with zero healer/tank and only me unpicked, or just otherwise really bad comps. So still stuck right at 51. I dont pretend I should be 65 or anything, but mid 50's certainly. I agree with being held back by starting to get older and dont have the precision reflexes as when I was younger. (maybe why I do so well on junk rat because you can rely more on smart positioning, planning, etc rather than pinpoint accuracy for widow) I've played enough other competitive games to kinda know when I'm in an even match. (Including being flat out worse than opponent, helps in 1v1 games because you can't blame anyone else)

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finished rankings, got 60 so I think i'll retire to qp with that and not suffer from the nerd rage that's plagued everyone else.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Could I be added to the list please? I'm tired to play solo and looking for buddies. :)

Heian#11524

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's definitely a crashing bug with Nepal in competitive. Had it crash on me after the first round, also it has occurred on a bunch of live streams i've been watching including the Overwatch cup yesterday. "Server closed due to unexpected error" in all cases

Myst

Peasant
I am currently sitting on 56 and plan to reach 60+. Anyone around that SR wants to group? A 3 man premade would be ideal.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yay I achieved a new season high of 50, then lost my next and went back to 49...still I made it. :)

It's been a long road from the lowest 35 all the way to 50 but I am steadily but slowly ranking up.

I still have this issue where my winning streak don't give me any bonus XP, sadly losing streak do give me the extra XP loss.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
On the note of those potential hacks. They look similar to the hacks plaguing high-tier CSGO scene, ie triggerbots/aim keys. These players are probably good in their own right but adding a hack that is just an incremental help to push them into the "God" tier that these players are in.. which sucks. I hope blizzard can take a more active stance against it compared to anything revolving around CSGO. I don't know entirely how detrimental shit like that is in Overwatch compared to CSGO. In CSGO they literally tap the key, and all it does is jerk into the targets location.. and that is all the information needed to know when/where/how to take a site. It's relatively hard to pin it out too unless you watch demos at .5 speed, and seems to be hard to find on a programmers point of view.. only a reviewers point of view can it really be seen? idk, there isn't an active scene against it.. atleast feels like.

With that said, if it is true that it is indeed a hack.. they're paying a decent price for a hack like that.

Cybsled

There's definitely a crashing bug with Nepal in competitive. Had it crash on me after the first round, also it has occurred on a bunch of live streams i've been watching including the Overwatch cup yesterday. "Server closed due to unexpected error" in all cases

This happened to me 2x today. Both times were on Nepal, although different maps (one was Sanctum, one was the village).

Not that I minded. Both times it gave that error, my team was getting smoked lol

Hex

Lord Nagafen Raider
Every time i've seen it happen it is always after the first round is won, it happens when teams are in the spawn so it doesn't seem like it could be player triggered unless it's something in one of the ships.