Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think I'm satisfied with my 60 points at the end. I'm still losing about 1-1.5 notches per loss, and gaining 1.5 - 3, but I've got no luck for teams.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It seems that a few people are starting not to care in competitive anymore because the season is ending soon.

I am having lots of leavers, far more than usual.

I also had 1 player outright saying he was practicing Hanzo. When asked why he was doing that in competitive rather than quick play, he said he doesn't like quick play, and didn't care about his ranking because he was like 10 ranks lower than his highest, and didn't think he'd be able to rank up that high before season ends so it didn't matter.

Sadly, as much I hated it...it almost made sense. If you're not gonna manage to rank any higher then your highest rank for the season within the next week and half...why bother? I just hope that more people don't get that attitude, as it could totally ruin the rest of the season.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It seems that a few people are starting not to care in competitive anymore because the season is ending soon.

I am having lots of leavers, far more than usual.

I also had 1 player outright saying he was practicing Hanzo. When asked why he was doing that in competitive rather than quick play, he said he doesn't like quick play, and didn't care about his ranking because he was like 10 ranks lower than his highest, and didn't think he'd be able to rank up that high before season ends so it didn't matter.

Sadly, as much I hated it...it almost made sense. If you're not gonna manage to rank any higher then your highest rank for the season within the next week and half...why bother? I just hope that more people don't get that attitude, as it could totally ruin the rest of the season.

Had something similar last night. Jackass went torb on offense because his internet sucks too much to play other characters... either wouldn't play at all or only do that shit on QP. So he immediately started to deflect logic with your typical internet retard responses. And yeah we lost badly to worse players.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Everyone wants to play D.Va these days, she's pretty easy to play. She's fun though no doubt.

With her shield changes and the slightly faster detonation time she is in a pretty good spot. I enjoy her and it is fun as hell to bum rush and harrass snipers in the back end who don't expect a giant mech to pounce on them. Most of the tanks are pretty defensive with D.va she seems to do better aggressively moving around and getting behind folks and then just running around disrupting what you can. Now she can flutter her shields on and off she can if you do it right absorb a ton of damage and make people just not want to shoot at you which lets you free to chomp away at them.

And her ult now goes off fast enough getting 2 -3 kills is pretty frequent now instead of before where you were lucky to catch one slow poke out in the open with it.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
A couple of characters are medal farmers. Don't get too big headed about "golds" with them. Soldier, Dva, Tracer, Roadhog. These guys are at LEAST 2 gold medals per match if you're competent. DVA just dinks everyone and never dies so she keeps high damage/elims as well as being tanky AND elusive so she can stay on OBJ. Soldier just damage farms non stop if you make sure to kill turrets/reinhardt shields. Tracer is just constant damage and can tickle people for elims a lot. Roadhog same deal. Stays alive forever to get elims and his ult puts out a lot of damage. That combined with the hook-shot combo you can easily be doing a thousand damage a minute.

Now gold farming Mei's. That's what I like to see. I can usually do OBJ time and kills with her, but bronze damage is a stretch.

I'm always extremely sad when I see gold medals on my Hanzo. I mean i'm happy that I am doing stuff for the team, but in no shape or form should Hanzo be out dps'ing McCree's, 76's, and when Pharah was a thing. Me and my Rein are always in dick throwing contests between Silv/Gold.. I usually end up gold but it gives my Rein a reason to keep playing Rein.

I'm usually only impressed by medals when it's leagues above the next, like when you have 24k damage and silver is at 14k or you're holding down 64 elims and silv is 36.

Fury

Silver Knight of the Realm
My saddest gold metal win for kills was two days ago playing Sym when I got 4 kills. Kind of wish I taken a screen shot of that, it was so sad. Even sadder was that two of those kills were not turrets.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sym rocks me frequently as genji. I go in for a strike and after pulling out she seems to be standing in my face and melts me in about 3 seconds.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
My saddest gold metal win for kills was two days ago playing Sym when I got 4 kills. Kind of wish I taken a screen shot of that, it was so sad. Even sadder was that two of those kills were not turrets.
Play of the Match with 5-in-a-row (but not quintuple) kills. Thanks Mercy damage boost helping me melt tanks. >_>

I don't get why people ignore Symmetra when she's locked on and going full blast.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I love playing Symmetra, I'm kinda sad that she's so situational.

I usually play her on Anubis, Hannamura, Volskaya, Hollywood, and King's Row on defense for point A, then switch if we lose it. All of these have good choke points where she can be useful with her turrets and right click, and her teleport is pretty good on all of these too.

I hope the new maps, or game modes are good for her. She's one of my favorite.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I encountered two awesome game play experiences last night.

Solo queued for comp mode...was put in a team of 5 other solo queue players and we were put up against a full 6 man premade that rolled us on Hanamura in under 2 minutes. Where is my solo only queue? Why the fucking hell am I getting put up against premades of more than 2 people when queuing solo?

The other thing which was amazing was people refusing to leave the spawn point unless you switch off the character they want. I was paired up with a 3 man and 2 man premade and the 2 man team refused to leave the spawn room until I switched to a Lucio or Mercy because "they" were the dps. I said no and proceeded to have one of the best games of OW ever on D'va. We won LiJang 3:2 playing 4 vs 6 because of those assholes.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
had an even match crash about 1 second from victory.

Then i got grouped up with a group of 5 of the most annoying rambling fucking idiots i've ever had to listen to and lost.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming that's a click to aim thing? I don't often feel like I face them, but I definitely ran into one last night that was a billion % snap aiming to me like that when I was out of his FoV

Xevy

Log Wizard
So they did a huge ban of a few hundred people.

Suddenly in matchmaking rank-up matches I was seeing a bunch of lvl 26's. Like entire games worth. The banned just got new accounts and were re-leveling. Had a guy named Pizza1 (totally solid name, totally not a piece of shit) who has widow aimbotting. Checked his comp stats. He only played McCree/Widow. Shocking.

They got stomped and we talked a good bit of shit. But two of my teammates were 27 and 26, so for all I know they were hacking too.

Also had two people turn their bots on after we lost the first round of Illios. They were mad because we lost like 100% to 3% or something and then just proceeded to walk to the point on their reaper/winston. Sit on the point. Spin and circles. Every spawn. They kept typing too about how it "didn't matter if we weren't going to try". They got reported by literally every player in the lobby so they're probably booped soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I enjoy watching Overwatch twitch streams, but for the love of God I hate watching Ana being played.

Most boring hero to watch imo

Myst

Peasant
Finally hit 60 solo. Really big difference in communication at that level. Came back from a 0-2 deficit to win 3-2 two games in a row, feels good!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user