Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Those are some wicked Genji nerfs. I think just tuning the Ultimate duration would have been a good notch, but they creamed him. Practically removed his 1-shot potential since can't Melee+dash instantly. Less mobility, shorter ult... what's he good for now?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Hanzo

• Hanzo will now experience a 30% decrease in speed while aiming (formerly 40%)
  • Maximum projectile speed has been increased by 30%

Developer Comments: Hanzo has the potential to deal a lot of damage, but he can feel really inconsistent, even at a medium distance. By increasing the projectile speed, we’re extending his reliable range, making it easier to land shots without having to perfectly predict enemy movement.

QL8Bnjm.gif

QL8Bnjm.gif

QL8Bnjm.gif

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Those are some wicked Genji nerfs. I think just tuning the Ultimate duration would have been a good notch, but they creamed him. Practically removed his 1-shot potential since can't Melee+dash instantly. Less mobility, shorter ult... what's he good for now?
Seagull is playing him on PTR right now on his stream. Of course because Seagull is really good he's still decent, but there's so much deeper that's wrong with him now. A lot of the movement stuff around the map you may have memorized is all thrown out since you can't do the double jump + climb + jump anymore.

The combo is whatever since it was mostly pro's using it. The ult nerf alone would've been fine, they basically killed Genji's mobility and that was a big part of what made him a good hero.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The thing with Genji is that in the hand of a highly skilled player, he was very OP. It's just that he wasn't that bad in the end of most people. A lot of those change I feel won't affect regular players who probably didn't use the triple jump technique, or the combo very well. Time will tell, for sure though someone like Seagull will be hugely affected.

Genji wasn't used that much on the pro scene, that's not gonna help him at all.

Rest of the changes seem pretty good.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The only reason genji got as much play as he did is simply because he's fun imo. I may not notice the nerf but I'm really surprised anyone thought it was necessary. 90% of the time I'm dead or the other teams dead 4 seconds into dragonblade so whatever.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I'm so excited to play the new Hanzo, i've yet to get on the PTR.. I think i'm grinding out to try and get a few more Summer Games skins. It's a dream come true though... all those Hanzo hours, to only find that i'm finally going to be competing with other people in locking in Hanzo haha. inb4cool

I think the overall core of Genji's playstyle doesn't change, outside of the hopping around for majority of the matches.. more to the sit perched building ult to go in. He was literally a make/break champion wiping teams, and probably has delivered some of the biggest upsets to Coinflip for me. He honestly had a lot of free roam... which I didn't mind, I just imagined that the people that are suppose to deal with him could use some QoL increases. I feel this nerf just makes him less aggressive, and more an agitative.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought Genji needed a small tweak. The only change I wanted to see is that he couldn't deflect stuff pointed at his back. Usually if there was a problem Genji around I would switch to Winston and he was dealt with pretty easily. His HP is small and he can't deflect Winston's weapon. If this change causes more Tracers to be around, fuck that noise. Good Tracers are the most annoying things in the world. I'd much rather deal with Genji.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The patch notes look pretty good aside from dumpstering Genji. The D.Va change is exactly what I suggested when she got tweaked, Mercy buffs are super nice, Zen changes are in line, Roadhood hook getting less wonky is good for everyone, Lucio nerf is whatever (don't think it'll change his pick rate honestly), McCree ult charge sort of nerfed which is fair considering no other ults get a half-reset I guess, Honzo buffs are almost just QoL but I like him fine already so that'll probably be enough.

But they always have to go overboard somewhere, and it landed on Genji this time. So his damage is nerfed, mobility nerfed, ability to bypass traps nerfed, ult nerfed. Good times. I would personally leave his ult duration nerfed, either restore his combo or give him a more natural way to increase his damage, leave the traps as an actual hindrance to him, and I dunno on the wall jump reset, seems like he should keep that.

Edit:
I thought Genji needed a small tweak. The only change I wanted to see is that he couldn't deflect stuff pointed at his back. Usually if there was a problem Genji around I would switch to Winston and he was dealt with pretty easily. His HP is small and he can't deflect Winston's weapon. If this change causes more Tracers to be around, fuck that noise. Good Tracers are the most annoying things in the world. I'd much rather deal with Genji.

Deflect already only worked from the front, although it probably blocked melee attacks from behind because melee hitboxes are gigantic.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah Tracer can be a pain, had one against me once that didn't get that many elimination, but was harassing our backs like crazy. Noone was able to kill her, she kept the team split...because we had to chase her, when we tried ignoring her...she would just kill the healer, or use a Pulse Bomb.

Man was she annoying, and as I said she wasn't getting tons of kill.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
On a totally different topic.

I completed my Overwatch Razer collection of peripheral today. :)

I had purchased the Overwatch branded, keyboard, mouse and mousepad from razer a few months back.

I was using a desktop microphone, but I talk in a low voice, and when I start leaning back in my chair the microphone ends up being too far and people can barely hear me.So I decided to get a headset, and went with the Overwatch Razer headset. I just received it at work. Can't wait to try it tonight.

Hoepfully there won't be anymore Overwatch branded peripherals, because it's getting expensive. :)

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Love that roadhog change, was super annoying hooking someone only for them to move behind a hitch and stay there

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Glad to see genji toned down a bit. Absurd they buffed hanzo's hitbox and gave him an almost hitscan projectile, would make me lose a little bit of faith in blizzard if they both go through especially since they had to reign in widow not so long ago. Genji will probably receive some sort of buff if all three of those changes go live. My own personal thoughts on genji are that his triple jump contributed quite a lot to how no-one at mediocre ranks seem to be able to hit him for shit, and that his ultimate really needs reduced duration because you could stun him and if he got any sort of heals/shield he could still generally kill your entire team and didn't leave room for a lot of counterplay. Dunno if the triple jump change will go live since that mobility seems to be almost hero-defining and a large source of enjoyment for a lot of people and he could perhaps be balanced in other ways, though they did keep widows scope changes so fuck knows really. Mercy changes are interesting, maybe it will slow the game down a little bit which is fine by me, though rez might need looked at again if thats the case.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Glad to see genji toned down a bit. Absurd they buffed hanzo's hitbox and gave him an almost hitscan projectile, would make me lose a little bit of faith in blizzard if they both go through especially since they had to reign in widow not so long ago. Genji will probably receive some sort of buff if all three of those changes go live. My own personal thoughts on genji are that his triple jump contributed quite a lot to how no-one at mediocre ranks seem to be able to hit him for shit, and that his ultimate really needs reduced duration because you could stun him and if he got any sort of heals/shield he could still generally kill your entire team and didn't leave room for a lot of counterplay. Dunno if the triple jump change will go live since that mobility seems to be almost hero-defining and a large source of enjoyment for a lot of people and he could perhaps be balanced in other ways, though they did keep widows scope changes so fuck knows really. Mercy changes are interesting, maybe it will slow the game down a little bit which is fine by me, though rez might need looked at again if thats the case.
Seagull said it best. You can't expect people to become accustomed to something like triple jump for 10 months and then one day go oh never mind that's a bug.

I started playing tracer tonight instead and just trying to get used to her timings. The quick flanker is my preferred play style in this. Sometimes I use reaper but he can get shut down easily. I did notice since playing genji hard my tracking on tracer is pretty damn good.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like most of the nerfs/changes. Genji got fucked, maybe too hard, but his ult was terrible. Honestly 6 seconds, removing melee dash, and allowing junkrat to trap him would've been enough. Oh well, at least I won't be facing double Genji teams in quickplay non stop.

McCree nerf seems like it's okay, but it's maybe not. His Ult is probably the hardest to actually use because it screams "HEY Y'ALL LINE OF SIGHT" and then takes at least 1 second after that to get a lock on ANYONE, let alone multiple people or people with more than 250 hp. I most often used it to zone people or pick healers. Getting more than two people is very difficult. I always ask my team to de-suit DVA or kill Reinhardt before so I can do it for maximum effort.

Just did this yesterday, pardon my 13 year-old-esque scream and guffaw, but I have 24+ hours on McCree and I think I've high nooned 4 people twice before.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user