Overwatch

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel Mercy can carry pretty fucking hard at low MMR if you actually do have a better understanding of positioning compared to the rest of the dredge you're paired against. Versus bad non focus dps she is nearly immortal .

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I feel Mercy can carry pretty fucking hard at low MMR if you actually do have a better understanding of positioning compared to the rest of the dredge you're paired against. Versus bad non focus dps she is nearly immortal .
You mean you have to hide like a little bitch and wait for your whole team to die and then rez them cause if you don't hide no one, not a single person, will turn around to help you when you get fucked by Genji and/or Tracer. But yeah.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Zarya can carry if you have one healer. If you have one ballsy dps with you then it's like 200% more effective. A good Ana/Zarya/Reaper can basically cut through any team at low rating.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think any hero can carry at low MMR if you're significantly better than your opponents. For me, it it's usually with Soldier.

Edit: Actually, I probably can't carry well with Soldier much anymore since I hardly play him. I been having too much fun annoying people with Mei. Had some retarded games where I was gold elims & silver damage 2 games in a row last night. Had 55 elims on Hollywood with Mei, also froze 39 enemies lol (new highs for me). This is only at 2500 MMR though

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've missed the entirety of season 2 because of Legion.

I will probably start playing with season 3 again, I miss it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I carry pretty hard with zarya on payload push.

But like it was said above: need healer.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, sorry. I meant to say that playing in quick matches and sub 2000 comp, you see Ana like half? the time if you don't play her. My favorite thing about Ana at this level is that I can sometimes keep alive the masses of terrible Rein's that just charge 300 meters from their team past the entire enemy line and somehow expect to live.

Some pretty frustrating groups last night. Team trying to use Roadhog as the only tank on Hanamura. Teams with completely useless McCree/Tracers as DPS that might as well not be there. Teams with that one guy who switches his hero after every death because he's terrible. The other one is when you get paired with a bunch of random silver players and the other team has a platinum group lead - usually don't win those ones.

It's sort of sad to acknowledge that with Zarya/Rein/Lucio/Ana and 2 non sniper's, you just have a significantly higher win rate, even if the players are mostly garbage. Definitely eeked out wins against much better opponents on a few maps just on comp alone.

Honestly, I just can't do voice chat. It's not always bad, sometimes it's really useful and people are using it appropriately. But when I join a game and hear the shrill voices of screaming man children, it just drives me up a wall. Even after the game starts, I find it distracting more often than not.

Last edited:

Tenks

You mean you have to hide like a little bitch and wait for your whole team to die and then rez them cause if you don't hide no one, not a single person, will turn around to help you when you get fucked by Genji and/or Tracer. But yeah.

If a Genji/Tracer are fucking you up chances are your positioning is off or you're not using escape routes well. Mercy can be extremely slippery even against her counters. Honestly I have the most problems with Winston.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, Winston is brutal. I like Mercy on maps where the distance from spawn to point is really far, like Hanamura first point on defense. Even with Lucio's alt, sometimes shit happens and being able to get people back to the point when they're pressing can be valuable.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, sorry. I meant to say that playing in quick matches and sub 2000 comp, you see Ana like half? the time if you don't play her. My favorite thing about Ana at this level is that I can sometimes keep alive the masses of terrible Rein's that just charge 300 meters from their team past the entire enemy line and somehow expect to live.

Some pretty frustrating groups last night. Team trying to use Roadhog as the only tank on Hanamura. Teams with completely useless McCree/Tracers as DPS that might as well not be there. Teams with that one guy who switches his hero after every death because he's terrible. The other one is when you get paired with a bunch of random silver players and the other team has a platinum group lead - usually don't win those ones.

It's sort of sad to acknowledge that with Zarya/Rein/Lucio/Ana and 2 non sniper's, you just have a significantly higher win rate, even if the players are mostly garbage. Definitely eeked out wins against much better opponents on a few maps just on comp alone.

Honestly, I just can't do voice chat. It's not always bad, sometimes it's really useful and people are using it appropriately. But when I join a game and hear the shrill voices of screaming man children, it just drives me up a wall. Even after the game starts, I find it distracting more often than not.
if dudes are annoying i just mute them. Sometimes you get really cool folks though.

Anyways, Sombra on the PTR. she's super fun to play.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Sombra is a blast and the new brawls are great. 3v3 team deathmatch is a totally different game, and still fun.

Tenks

I didn't know what to think when I heard about 1v1 and 3v3 but the modes actually play really well. 1v1 especially will be my go-to for warming up before queuing comp. I bet they'll add more stuff to the deathmatch modes, though. Right now 1v1 is kind of annoying since you're both just crouching around everywhere. They need to add jump pads and armor packs and shit so it forces fights around mini objectives.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Played one game of 6 sombra vs 6 sombra. Feels like tracer with more mag capacity. Couldn't really tell that hacking did anything so we all just dashed around shooting each other.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hacking is definitely borderline OP on health packs. Maybe it won't have as much of an impact in pro games but in pubs, going for health packs in skirmishes is pretty common and being able to basically deny all the healthpacks in the general area around the objective feels pretty stupid strong. Plus you can set your teleporter on a hacked healthpack to act like a tracer rewind to heal you up. The stupid duration makes it so easy to maintain an entire area completely hacked unless enemy team also has a sombra who hacks the healthpacks before you do. Kinda feels like Symmetra where you need to keep track of your cooldowns and break out of combat to go hack some healthpacks instead of setting up new sentries as the game progresses. Whole thing reminds me a bit of Quake when you had a rotation for powerups.

Hacking in combat on the other hand seems either pointless, or you simply can't get it done. It seems to only be useful if you come out of stealth after flanking, you hack the guy you want to try to kill. It takes way too long and gets interupted way too easily to be used any other way I think, which is fine. It is pretty potent but doesn't last that long so you need to aim decently enough if you want the kill since her damage output is like, average and if the target is getting healed you might as well tp the fuck out of there. Hacking reinhardt during a push by going behind him sounds pretty good though. It also REALLY fucks with some of the heroes that usually can get away easily like Reaper/Tracer/Sombra herself if you hack them before the activate their escapes. Had a couple of times where I dived pretty deep trying to get a support, only to get hacked by the enemy sombra when I tried to TP out at low hp, at which point well, you're done.

Her ult feels hard to use appropriately in a normal pub game. There's either not enough targets or you're out of range when you need to use it, and it's fairly unimpressive if you don't hit it at the right time especially if your team doesn't wipe the target before it wears off cause then it's like, everyone can ult all at the same time and turn the fight around. I think it'll be very strong in comp setups though to initate with by coming from behind, since it basically almost guarantees a win combined with some of the other ults(zarya or mccree for example since the opponent can't counter those with lucio/reinhardt stuff). It also builds up pretty fast even after the nerfs on PTR due to the harassing nature of the character.

Still feels like a pretty fun char, and less crazy to play than Tracer constant blinks and shit. It's more controlled and slower paced, feels nice.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Excited to play Sombra:

Oh wait, error won't connect to PTR server. Known issues since October 20th. No fix.

COOOOOOOOLLLL!

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
So right now, i got done playing a match. Gold/Plat status. Half and half mixed. Well, i was last Person left alive as Zarya. I was actually coming back from a death. In overtime about to lose the match. Tracer and Rein see me, attack me. I bubbled and moved back. They LEFT the payload and lost. lol All they had to do was put up the Rein Shield and cruise to victory, but nope. THey wanted that last kill which they didnt even get! lol

This "common sense" thing isnt very common. Overwatch is teaching me that there are more stupid ass people out there then i previously thought.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My son got up to like 2750 in competitive play. 75% of you nerds are getting owned by a 12 year old!

/proud

• 1Smuggly