Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She's very viable all the way on defense now. I think she's pretty excellent now. The generator gives 75 shields, infinite charges. It does go away once a checkpoint is reached if it hasn't been destroyed.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Should be a ton better but I'm not sold she'll be all that great on Control Maps still.

I don't play her on control maps, but I've played with her or against her...and while she is weak at actually getting the point itself, she can be a pain in the ass at maintaining control though with her sentries...especially on control point that are in a small confined area.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
She can be played on attack now too. The few matches I've played on PTR. She's really great now. Genji's get their shit pushed in by her now too if they try to approach the point. I do wonder if they'll tone down the shield generator somehow. Playing Roadhogg with 675 HP when it's up is pretty insane.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The shield generator seems buggy as shit, we had one at some point that worked in a real game, gave 75shield I think, but then I died, and couldn't get the effect anymore even though it was still there the entire time. Also impossible to tell the aoe on it, doesn't look like there's a visual limit.

The moving barrier explodes when the center part hits an object. But it's also buggy, and seems to stay in place sometimes, for no specific reason. Actually really nice when it stays in place.

Server crashed before game ended, so I'm assuming most of that shit is broken.

On the barrier amount, it seemed fairly potent. I tried firing a full clip+helix with S:76 at it and it wasn't even cracked yet it looked like, so it might be hard to break through it unless you have high firepower. On the other hand, it doesn't cover a whole lot and moves very fast(slightly faster than run speed) so it doesn't protect a whole lot.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think shes going to be pretty high in the tier meta with these buffs. Just a guess, but Teleport is actually really fucking strong, its just the rest of her kit didn't make up for it at all. I mean, on defense you rely on making the pick to counter any sort of aggression but when the time is essentially chopped from traveling, you have to maintain/sustain through the onslaught unless the teleporter is dead. I know it sounds stupid, and sometimes is rare to see, but I have lost to high ranking games because of an attack symmetra. Attempting to find her teleporter on the defense is risking certain death.

Her Photon barrier, though I haven't really played or looked at it can also help break up the shield break meta and we -might- see rein on attack. Currently its pretty dead, dva on attack/rein on defense seems to be the go-to.

Also, how is she not a support, about everything she does outside of left/right click is built to assist a teammate in some sort of helping hand. It's just nice to see them utilitize supports that don't consist purely of heals and can't wait to see more. Stunbot plis

I don't know the level of clickbait this is, but i'll entertain it because i'd be 100% on board
Terry Crews Wants to Voice the New Overwatch Character

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried Symmetra a little last night on the PTR.

1- Longer range on primary, it's not huge but it definitely feels better. She's a lot more dangerous when fighting on point as her beam will easily latch on anyone nearby.

2- Her barrier is pretty cool, it seems to have decent health, moves pretty fast, and has a long range. It's hard to use it well on PTR as people in QP are not coordinated at as a team at all. I think it will end up being pretty good ability.

3- Shield generator is bugged. If you die you get the shield back, makes evaluating it difficult...75 shield is a lot though. It seems to last forever too...a 225HP Tracer is a bitch. :)

4- Sentries, 6 charge and shorter cooldown...man are those fun to use now. It totally changes how she plays, and where to put them. For example on Hanamura defense. At startup rather than to put them at the choke door like I usually do, or in the room to the left. I put them closer to the spawn, under the pass and behind the column in the middle of the path leading to the door.

They killed 2 people, and we fought a little and stopped their initial rush there before they reached the door...don't think they expected the sentries to be there. Then I moved the sentries to their usual place, slowed them down by about 30-40 seconds before they even reached the choke. And I had time to place all 6 there before they were really pushing. Probably won't work all the time, since at some point people will expect them to be there...but it was a nice surprised and it worked.

Continued playing all the way to point B, and was able to put in 1 spot before they got to point b, then I kept fighting on point B, placing the sentries in different place for almost each of their push.

We won, I had over 30 eliminations and close to 20 were objective eliminations. My sentries and primary attack was wrecking havoc on the other team.

It was quite a blast.

I wasn't very successful using her on attack, the shield generator is nice, but placing sentries effectively on attack is a bit difficult, especially on point A since you're behind a choke point usually and the defending team just won't come to anywhere you might be able to put your sentries down.

It was a bit more effective if you get past the choke because the defending team will try to retake it, and will have to go past your sentries. It still wasn't extremely effective. On point B it was a bit better since team defend a bit more aggressively, so it was easier to deny them a few areas with sentries.

Overall, I still think she's better on defense, but can now defend the entire maps. She might be more viable on attack, but I still don't think she's that good.

Still it's very fun to melt people. :)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I haven't played in awhile obviously but at some point did they buff how long Pharah could stay in the air? It feels like I can stay up forever now.

Had a game last night with 42 elims and lot of positive comments from my team. I'm sure the next match I play I'll. Be told to kill myself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't played in awhile obviously but at some point did they buff how long Pharah could stay in the air? It feels like I can stay up forever now.

Had a game last night with 42 elims and lot of positive comments from my team. I'm sure the next match I play I'll. Be told to kill myself.
Just recently, like last week, they gave her stronger jets yeah. They nerfed her pushback on rockets too, which is actually not so bad since it's easier to predict where people go after you hit them. And I think they buffed her damage from splash a little bit at the same time. So she's definitely better now, but they also buffed S:76 a lot, so she's still kinda sucky against McCree and 76.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm

For someone claiming to have thick e-skin you seem very concerned when people yell at you in this game

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Her flying barrier is great for fucking with snipers. Just aim it at Widow's nest and she gonna be fucked for a few seconds.

My favorite part of character changes is hopping on PTR no limits and picking the hardest counter to the updated character.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Her barrier is pretty cool, it seems to have decent health, moves pretty fast, and has a long range.

I tested it on the training grounds and it goes forever if you shoot it off the map, kinda like Hanzo's ult.

But unlike Hanzo's ult, it can be broken by DPS and hitting walls.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
For someone claiming to have thick e-skin you seem very concerned when people yell at you in this game
Oh I don't really care lol

Having someone on the mic the entire match telling you you're a fag and to kill yourself was a little unnerving though.

I do enjoy people praising me a little, who doesn't?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I tested it on the training grounds and it goes forever if you shoot it off the map
eagwg4qbhgd8evzfi0y3.gif

eagwg4qbhgd8evzfi0y3.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think I just saw my first hacker.

I was invisible as Sombra, and the other team Widowmaker killed me. On the replay, I could clearly see that her ultimate wasn't up, and that she didn't ever see me before I became invisible, then she just turn to look to where I was, not visible on her screen at all, and see her track my movement even though she clearly wasn't seeing me and headshot me in 1 shot.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I could've swore I saw some kind of glitch in the air when a Sombra was passing by invis today.