Overwatch

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
God fuck d.vas shield in the fucking retarded ass. Fucking annoying it has unlimited absorb+insane duration
When I have a Dva getting me down, I hop on Mei or Tracer.

Mei especially if the Dva is being super aggressive.

• 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So much toxicity in competitive. Putting that aside though this is the most fun i've had in a shooter since TFC
Yeah I wont queue solo competitive, cause you get jackasses that insist they're the best genji or tracer or or widowmaker and wont swap. Had a guy play with me that had over 500 hours in tracer, and 5 hours in other classes and refused to accept he sux (season high 2500)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Played this over the weekend for the first time. First time in a long time somethings going to make me shelve DotA.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah my group always bitches at whoever is playing soldier lol. But I feel u, I always focus on her as soldier but sometimes she hides b ehind trees and crap. But when I'm pharah its like zenyatta, mcree, dva and soldier against me
This happens every match where there is a Pharah. It's like people don't realize that enemies respawn.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I love it most when Anas are the ones bitching to "Take care of the Pharah" when that is one of her primary jobs. I think when a Mercy is in play 76 actually becomes a bit shitty at anti-Pharah because he can't burst her down fast enough unless you manage to get positioning to get headshots or a lucky helix.

Tenks

I'm still not sure how this makes her support. The projected barrier is pretty interesting though. But it feels like hamfisting an offensive ability into a defensive kit.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having the sentries available to deploy stack up to 6 is a colossal change. Every minute she can pretty casually deploy a 6 stack of death above entryways, etc. I do wonder what the radius of the generator will be, and if it will impact inanimate things like turrets. Even if it's pretty big, I think you'd have a hard time finding a place for it on maps like Hanamura B point. On maps like King's Row B or Route 66 B, I think she'll be really viable.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think this will silently pass through PTR, then the first tournament game after, a korean team will have some worldbeating strat with her and win the whole thing 3-0 :D

Tenks

Having the sentries available to deploy stack up to 6 is a colossal change. Every minute she can pretty casually deploy a 6 stack of death above entryways, etc. I do wonder what the radius of the generator will be, and if it will impact inanimate things like turrets. Even if it's pretty big, I think you'd have a hard time finding a place for it on maps like Hanamura B point. On maps like King's Row B or Route 66 B, I think she'll be really viable.

The radius is pretty substantial. Enough that if you deploy it somewhere on a capture point map you gain the effect as long as you're remotely close to the area.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still not sure how this makes her support. The projected barrier is pretty interesting though. But it feels like hamfisting an offensive ability into a defensive kit.

Well the shield generator is a lot more useful overall than a teleporter when you are defending the final cap point. The quality of life change of starting a fresh spawn with 6 turret charges is nice. Nothing like some dipshit mei to ice wall to slow down my setup of my nest so I can't get the full 6 deployed before enemy arrive.

The moving shield wall thing is a decent support type option throw it in front of a payload being moved to help intercept some shots coming in is at least more active support than blipping shields on people once when you see them freshly spawned.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Yeah, that's a great change to her. On the maps you could play her you really needed to get to the point ASAP so you maximize the time you had to set up all 6 turrets. It'll be interesting see how she plays now. I'm thinking she'll be on PTR within a couple days. Christmas stuff should be going on live next week I would think.

Tenks

Unfortunately we're in a shield shredding meta so we'll see how it works. The shield felt like it had a bit more than Winston's barrier but certainly not more than Rein's. At the moment Rein's shield gets eaten pretty rapidly.

I also wonder if Symettra will be a quality answer to Dva at least on defense

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Changes sound good and I like playing Symmetra so looking forward to it. Shield Generator and new Barrier projectile seem very support-ish to me. Should be a ton better but I'm not sold she'll be all that great on Control Maps still. Guess we'll find out soon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Kinda nice changes but not sure how that makes her a support, still. She has a bunch of utility everywhere but ultimately supports are defined by their ability to heal or mitigate damage, and a moving shield sounds pretty meh for that especially the way it's setup from the description(generated in front of you, moves slowly forward, hard to really protect someone unless you're in a really shitty spot in the first place).

I guess the shield generator might be interesting depending on how tough it is and how fast it deploys, but it seems like you'd be better off having Lucio pop a sound barrier for a lot more shield right when you need it than setup a generator beforehand which won't mitigate nearly the same amount. I mean do you even really have to destroy it? I guess it depends on how much shields it gives, if it's like 100 it'd be pretty good but lower than that and it seems like it'd be faster to just ignore it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The changes to her sentries is amazing. Having 6 charges, instead of 3 will be really good for initial setup, but also when you need to move them, with a recharge of 10 secs you can move all 6 every minute.

Having your nest be at a different place every minute could have a big impact on the opposing team...as they would have a hard time predicting where you set up...and very often the first encounter with Symmetra's sentries ends up being a major delay, or a wipe if it was a team push.

Being able to put them back up faster once destroyed, will also be annoying.

The shield generator sounds interesting, but remains to be seem how large of an area is covered. He stressed a few times that it's really big...so I kind of expect to be surprised by the range.

The barrier sounds cool, will have to see it in action to really know. How fast does it travel? How far? How much HP before it's destroyed? How big is it? etc...

A slightly longer range on her primary is also pretty big, it doesn't have to be that big to make a big impact. She can hurt people a lot when fully charged.

As a Symmetra player, I love these changes. I try to play her as often as I can on map where she is good, and usually switch if we lose the first point.

In Competitive, I usually only play her on Hollywood, Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, Volskaya Industries...on point A only. In quick play I'll sometimes play her on King's Row, Dorado, Numbani, and Route 66 at the start.

I would be happy if I could play her on more maps, and not just on point A.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Should be live, I think I'll check it out.

Turrets replace strangely, like if you have 6 up and place another, I'm not sure how it decides which one to destroy.

The shield generator didn't work on the bots in the practice range so not sure how much it grants.

The moving shield moves about running pace, and follows the ground if you aim it downward. I don't think it will go through walls.

Last edited: