Overwatch

Xevy

Log Wizard
McCree is fine if he's doing his job of protecting the supports and anti-air/shield damage. The only problem with him right now is he's a worse version of Soldier 76.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
What's wrong, queues between 3-4 mins tonight, then get into a mtach in progress match and lose in 5 seconds.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
dva.png
Is this easy mode?

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Who is D.Va?
Stronger, not strongest. Only thing really successful against DVa in current irritation is like Mei Zarya Symm or Hog.

A Hanzo can deal with a dva just as good as a 76, and they're both countered the same way. A Hanzo can scatter a dva mech rather quickly. A good scatter shreds any and all tanks.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly that doesnt hold too much wait. The data needs to be for just competitive or people actually trying to win. down int he dumps people dont give a fuck if they win and will play without a tank at all. They just want to try to get their "kills" in.

Its flawed data, this is one of them the numbers dont tell you everything kind of deal.

Yeah, that irked me when he posted that. It doesn't reflect the people who are actually trying to win in competitive at all and Jeff knows that. It also irks me that they haven't addressed toxicity at all.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Woot. Just finished my placements and landed at 2615. Surely beats my season high on my other account of 1905. It'll be an interesting experiment to see if I can hang/progress at this level. I've played against a handful of Diamond guys and mechanically I'm not seeing an incredible difference from the really good players at the 1800-1900 level. Ults are better timed, but I've seen plenty of incredibly sloppy play in my placements along the way.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
My internet took a shit during a game and my ping went above 3k. It was pretty funny results.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm worried that I may be reaching a level of play where I actually need to un-mute all my of teammates. I've been running 100% mute for the last few weeks and it's made the game a lot more fun for me. Anyone know of people who play this way into diamond and masters?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Woot. Just finished my placements and landed at 2615. Surely beats my season high on my other account of 1905. It'll be an interesting experiment to see if I can hang/progress at this level. I've played against a handful of Diamond guys and mechanically I'm not seeing an incredible difference from the really good players at the 1800-1900 level. Ults are better timed, but I've seen plenty of incredibly sloppy play in my placements along the way.
I'm worried that I may be reaching a level of play where I actually need to un-mute all my of teammates. I've been running 100% mute for the last few weeks and it's made the game a lot more fun for me. Anyone know of people who play this way into diamond and masters?

Gratz man but talking diamond & masters at 2600? Low plat is a cesspool. 2600 is a big difference from 1900 for sure, but it's still mostly terrible, just better mechanics overall

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was just stating that I've played with a handful of diamond guys at this point, not that I'm in, or close to diamond.

The mic question was in regards to climbing without mic. I never considered it much of an issue at 2000, but I'm wondering if/when it eventually becomes one.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
just dont get under 2K. if you do, the people are worse. they are at the point where they just dont care and treat it like QP now. If you find that good group you have to make an effort to try to keep them and see if you can run the tables for a bit. Its so hard to get people to play as a team right now. I dont remember it being this bad and im fucking 450 levels into the fucking game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I've adapted this from playing CS era, but I have my mic volume quite low; enough to where I can hear but it won't impede on gameplay. I personally, could give two shits if two people are going at it but I won't bother to say anything that isn't a call, a play, ect.

I hear people going off all the time, even in Master's. Like today, I simply told a Zarya that we -NEED- to combo, and that she should hold her ult for doing so..(i'm hanjo) I didn't insult her or anything, but she took it that way and blew up. I could have ripped into her for the fact she ulted with half her team dead/not there, and that she panic ult with at least sub 50 charge which resulted in nothing coming out of it(literally watched her as I came out of spawn.) It was the solidified reason the enemy team was able to take the second point. Losing third point because of the shit fest that I started by telling the Zarya to hold her ult. It furthered into her queue partner going off on our 76 for not doing shit, and strong arming him off the character; and just a shit fest of an argument. Sure enough though, without feeding into the Zarya she managed to combo 6 ults after that allowing up to push w/ 3 minutes left versus the enemies 13s turn 1m. Then we pushed/held for victory, and all she said to me was you da bes.

So I mean, only thing I can say is lower the volume to not impede immediately on your game and grow some thick skin; because ultimately some games are losses no matter what, and while other games may seem like losses, being able to say/hear a thing or two can easily turn that game around.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was just stating that I've played with a handful of diamond guys at this point, not that I'm in, or close to diamond.

The mic question was in regards to climbing without mic. I never considered it much of an issue at 2000, but I'm wondering if/when it eventually becomes one.

Yea at 2600 you'll see diamond badges, even lower sometimes. Losing 400 to 500 points isn't unheard of, I've done it ;)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
haha, guy right now in a match telling everyoen im trolling because i tried to rally the troops sayign this characters arent really for defense, but on offense it'd be fine if people could switch. Of course that didnt happen. Then the team started talking shit saying i was trollling bllah blah. By the end of the match, im like guys i trolled so hard, that i gotr 4 golds all kills/damage and healing with soldier and zenyatta. i was like

kcxiv: <----- trolled so hard i got 4 golds!

Other team started laughing and told me i need to trolls less then! haha

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I dont always use a mic cause lot of times I hit the bong and dont efel like talking or im super focused but id say if youre like a support you should use mic to say HELP IN THE BACK!

my turtle beach headset has a mic off button so i just hit that back n forth, someone says soldier kill the pharah i hit mic on and say stfu then mic off =D

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but I've managed to climb almost 300 points on my normal account in a day, and none of the matches really seem even hard. At 2100 now after 10ish wins in a row.