Overwatch

Cybsled

^ yup. Mystery heroes is like all random in dota: if you lose, you blame RNGesus. Makes it less toxic overall lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ex-genj

Golden Squire
You guys are crazy. Comp is the only real game. Every other mode other than mystery heroes is just "I want to play the pew pew ninja, fuck team composition" which obviously isn't the point of this game at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I agree comp is the only real game but it's the least fun at high level. If I wanted to play meta bullshit playing around ults I'd go play dota.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I agree comp is the only real game but it's the least fun at high level. If I wanted to play meta bullshit playing around ults I'd go play dota.

Comp is a blast when your team wants to win. It just takes one fucktard to make that dream impossible.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Pretty much. There is no carrying in the game which is fine but like you said all it takes is one person to completely ruin the game. One person can't win the game unlike pretty much every other FPS. That's probably why I find it unfun at a high level tbh is that there is no moment where trying to MAKE BIG PLAYS is an option. If you're the last person alive on your team it's better to just kill yourself so you get that respawn timer. You're not going to get a pick being the only person alive.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sometimes I want to play Hanzo on defense. I'd never do that in comp. Am I bad at Hanzo? No, I'm very good. But I'm much, much better at other characters so it's not worth it. So I play quick play or mystery heroes. Also I really, really love toxic crybabies in comp screaming in their mic or passive aggressively typing shit. Or "call out King" who lets you know what color underwear each enemy player is wearing on his mic nonstop.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I can't even be bothered to do my bonus boxes. Farewell event goodies.

Having not played in awhile the main thing I noticed coming back is the vast gulf between what you see on screen and what happens in the kill cam.

Araxen

I was watching lirik's first stream of Closed Beta OW and the game has changed a lot since then. Torb's having 3 levels and no armor, Mercy had Ana's voice, Bastion had some sort of shield.

Araxen

Moon Map comes out next week. I only played it once, but if you go outside there is no sound and lower gravity. It's pretty cool. It seems way better than Oasis(I hate that map a lot).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like Moon map but point B can be super, super frustrating. Like mega frustrating. It could just be PTR idiots but sometimes it feels completely unbreakable.

Cybsled

Bastion used to have a shield, but it didn't have as much HP as Rein. However, back then he also couldn't rotate 360 in turret mode, so if you snuck behind him, he couldn't do shit w/o going into recon mode.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
5:50 in US vs Canada

Sounds like team france == Rogue.

Wow they are playing outside! Don't know how they can see their monitors. Gotta be dark!

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I stopped playing last season after having 4 leavers in a row. I don't really have any fun even winning either it's just toxic retardation whether you're winning or losing any rank past 3k. I'm interested in seeing what they're trying to fix though because the only way I'm coming back is if I main junkrat 24/7 and I know for a fact I'll be reported for griefing, so am I going to get banned for playing what I want?
Its why I quit playing. Absolutely pants on head retarded being put with someone you just reported.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This game will always suffer for the fact that it's a minigame component of a failed project. Everything from settings and characters and backstory is charred wreckage from something grander. The maps are all thematic and cinematic but many of them lack the punchy design qualities of classic shooter maps. The characters are made to be personable and get people attached - but then mechanically useless in many scenarios, forcing you to rotate between them as Peter Griffin does his green pants and white shirts.

In the end it's a burnt husk, already played out despite being relatively new. The developers were worn and tired by the time it released and you can feel it in the gameplay. "Here's our end of life, it's all we've got left, we hole you enjoy it." It's like watching nothing but all the after credit sequences from the Marvel movies in order instead of the movies themselves.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I think they did a fantastic job at making a good casual FPS, but I agree with you on the rest of the points when it comes to any form of competitiveness in it which they were (are? I haven't kept up) pushing pretty hard.

As long as it's fun for all the people that play it, hey that's all you can ask for. Just not quite for me. I hop on and enjoy arcade from time to time though, and pharah custom games shooting rockets a billion miles an hour lol.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still mostly enjoying the game, but leavers, trolls and toxicity is getting to me.

I also wish there was a solo queue...I'm tired of being out with groups of people who just play together and ignore the rest of the team. I had a group of 3 yesterday I think who consisted of bastion, torb and Symmetra on both offense and defense. We got destroyed. I get them in the next game too and same thing we get destroyed.

I have to agree that being grouped with people you report is kinda sad. I remember they removed the ability to actually block people because people were blocking good players they didn't want to face, and those people were getting extremely long queues.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This game will always suffer for the fact that it's a minigame component of a failed project. Everything from settings and characters and backstory is charred wreckage from something grander. The maps are all thematic and cinematic but many of them lack the punchy design qualities of classic shooter maps. The characters are made to be personable and get people attached - but then mechanically useless in many scenarios, forcing you to rotate between them as Peter Griffin does his green pants and white shirts.

In the end it's a burnt husk, already played out despite being relatively new. The developers were worn and tired by the time it released and you can feel it in the gameplay. "Here's our end of life, it's all we've got left, we hole you enjoy it." It's like watching nothing but all the after credit sequences from the Marvel movies in order instead of the movies themselves.

I like playing it but can't watch it, so the esports scene is pretty much dead for me. I don't know what they can do to make it watchable tbh.
What makes esports viewable is when the viewer can watch strategies unfold in real time.
MOBAs have it due to pace-of-play being slower and team comp can't change after being locked in, also objectives coming & going during the game.
CS:GO has it with the economy stuff, when to buy the good guns, when to hold on to cash, etc.
OW is too sporadic and the viewer needs to be told about strat as it's happening, you can't look very far ahead and try to figure out a strat as a viewer.
Also the fact OW keeps all players on equal footing means less excitement when the "underdog" team pulls a win. Like in CS:GO when lower-Eco team wins a round or in MOBA when a gold deficient team turns it around.

So that's my take... but I still play OW a lot because it's brain-dead fun.