Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that was a fun one, Lijiang Tower, we win 3-2. 3 rounds as Roadhog, and 2 Rounds as Winston...62 kills and 40,000 damage. :) Personal high on damage...playing 2 tanks. :)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went 7-3 on Friday night. I played various characters, Solider, Mercy, and Orisa. Ended up at 1600 now I have to grind to get to gold at least this season.

Araxen's Overwatch Profile

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I went 6-3-1 in placement. Was about 1850, went down to 1750, went back up to 1880 and now back down to 1750 again.

Araxen

Just got a loss but went up in SR(30 points). Did something change? I've never had that happen before.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Just got a loss but went up in SR(30 points). Did something change? I've never had that happen before.
Had this happen to me the other night as well. Had a good set of matches but nothing amazing.

• 1SJW
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got placed in low plat. Forgot how much more toxic low plat is verus high plat/low dia. Its rough here boys.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I haven't played Competitive since Season 1, where my high was 54 and I think I ended somewhere in the high 40's. After my placement matches I got put into medium gold and now I'm hovering around 2300. I feel good about myself but according to Overbuff I'm still below average. Where is "average?" Low plat?

Also I main tanks (Roadhog, Winston, Reinhardt) and am decent with supports (Lucio, Mercy, Symmetra) if anyone ever wants to squad up.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Blizzard has said that average is about 2400-2500. Overbuff will overstate average skill because the population that uses the site skews towards more serious players.

Araxen

Seagull taking out Pharmercy with ease

Seagull making PharaMercy look like no big deal which I believe is so, but at lower levels it's a huge problem. I know myself just spamming wings on Mercy at Silver makes for me being impossible to be killed unless I fuck up myself.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Lol. Yeah focusing the Mercy first really make this simpler. They can be a pain in plat. I just can imagine how dangerous a decent duo could be in lower tier.

Captain Suave

I don't know why people constantly say this with low tier in the phrase. You can one trick Pharah to GM no problems.

Yeah, this just in: The Pharahs get better at the same rate you do as rank increases. The only reason they're not more popular is the skill ceiling on Tracer and Genji is higher.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I always have trouble with that duo as a gold shitter, feelsbadman

and that duo is in almost every game i play at that rank lol

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Good pharahs own upper tier as well, but really good snipers/hitscan players seem to keep Pharah well under control unless the Pharah's team is running massive disruption on the ground.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I always have trouble with that duo as a gold shitter, feelsbadman

and that duo is in almost every game i play at that rank lol

Try going Zenyatta. If a Pharah is ripping apart your team just keep your Discord on Pharah and your Harmony on the Soldier. Granted you're investing a ton to tear the Pharah out of the sky but it is better than losing. Low-tier Pharahs are also really, really bad at movement in the air so Zen can usually pummel her down himself fairly well especially if you corner peek and charge up his orbs.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I usually just soldier/McCree the mercy, then the pharah. Only problem is when Pharah knows I'm her target and 100% focuses on me, but that at least relieves my team to 5v4 the rest of them and I hope they don't fucking suck. The "good" Pharah's I've seen in diamond/master/GM all basically stay wayyyyyyyy the fuck back and shoot until jets are down, then fly behind a building. Then jet back up and barrage the team from far again and hide again. Makes them less deadly, but incredibly hard to have time to kill them.

Captain Suave

I usually just soldier/McCree the mercy, then the pharah. Only problem is when Pharah knows I'm her target and 100% focuses on me, but that at least relieves my team to 5v4 the rest of them and I hope they don't fucking suck. The "good" Pharah's I've seen in diamond/master/GM all basically stay wayyyyyyyy the fuck back and shoot until jets are down, then fly behind a building. Then jet back up and barrage the team from far again and hide again. Makes them less deadly, but incredibly hard to have time to kill them.

Top pharahs pepper from a distance and then dive their counters hard and hit direct rockets when they have an opening.