Overwatch

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm going to try it. I try to be a good teammate on comms and I feel like it often helps, but comms are definitely responsible for 90% of my hatred and anger surrounding this game.

Needless

Toe Sucker
"Currently we have been play testing Roadhog with -50% damage taken while using Take a Breather, and also allowing him to move at full speed while inhaling. These two changes combined certainly make him significantly more difficult to kill, while also allowing Roadhog players to be much more aggressive when trying to find a hook target, knowing they can survive a lot more easily.

We plan on throwing this up on the PTR asap (along with some other hero changes) so you guys can play with it as well. Its possible its actually too strong right now but we'll have time to iterate on it."

Intredasting, intredasting.

They should just undo his changes and make him take -more- damage when he's using his inhaler.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Bout what I expected for a road buff for the tankier side. To be honest, even if they kept his damage the same once the meta shifts into a slower meta.. Road is going to go back to being devastating, once the shields come out more and such. The whole rushdown just doesn't fit him but with him and Zarya looking at some rather sweet sweet buffs, we could see a slight shift.

I agree on seagull on this, too lazy to find the exact part, but the real issue with the game and probably its biggest problem is the ults. They need to figure out how to slow down the ult charges, its been an increasingly popular opinion amongst pro's. I don't know if they'll ever address it, but its the main problem w/ hero balance at the moment.

I mean it might be already fairly obvious, I don't know about lower ranks, but even smurfing around with friends at lower ranks(plat/dia.) So many games are hinged on proper ults that even at high M/GM-ish tier is kinda boring because its not that people are better, it's just ults happen to line up more efficiently.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758356169

“Play nice; play fair” is one of Blizzard's core values. It’s something we took to heart in creating Overwatch and remains a priority as we continue to support the game and our players. This not only applies to the new content we develop and the balance changes we make, but also to the features we add or improve upon over time.

We believe that our in-game reporting and player penalty system is one of our most important features, and it’s something we want to invest in significantly over the next year. To this end, effective immediately, we will be issuing increased penalties to players in response to verified reports of bad behavior. In Overwatch, that means anything from abusive chat, harassment, in-game spam, match inactivity (being intentionally AFK), and griefing. If you see someone engaging in any of these types of behaviors, report them. Players in violation will be silenced, suspended, or even banned from the game as a result.

We know that making Overwatch a truly welcoming environment is an ongoing process, and this is only the first step. Over the next several months, we have plans to make additional improvements based on your feedback, including scaling competitive season bans, a notification system that will alert you when a player you’ve reported is actioned, and functionality that will allow us to more aggressively penalize players who attempt to abuse the in-game reporting tool.

We also remain committed to bringing a reporting system to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. As console players ourselves, we know it’s been frustrating to not have this functionality on your platform. We are actively working on the feature and have many elements of undergoing internal testing right now. Our goal is to implement similar reporting options as are currently available on PC, and any improvements made to PC between now and when it’s available.

Thank you for your vigilance, passion, and commitment to building a welcoming and enjoyable community and helping us make Overwatch the best game it can be.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Maybe I shouldn't have said "get carried, n1ggaz" in chat today

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad to see they are addressing it. This shit should have been put in yesterday. I wonder how they'll police voice chat, because that's where a ton of the toxicity is also.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
First thing I do when logging in nowadays is disable voice and both chats. And pick whoever I feel like picking. I'm not "toxic" I just am not going to let randoms ruin my game by picking awful characters they're awful at. My best characters are ~55-60% winrate, if you're below that, switch off.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting...there's a new patch with a new hero some balance change to McCree and Zarya, a new highlight feature, fix to loot boxes duplicate...and almost no activity in this thread.

There was even an announcement about the Overwatch league from Blizzard, players need to be paid 50K a year minimum, have health insurance, housing during the season, and 50% of the team earning or something like that and no one talking about it here.

I guess I'm not alone who is losing interest in the game. I played like maybe 2-3 times in the last month. One of those was to try Doomfist on the PTR for about 30-60 minutes or so.

While I still love the game on a gameplay aspect...the quality of matches and community has degraded to the point where it's hard to actually enjoy playing it.

The emphasis that Blizzard seems to be putting on their report tool, and talking about it all the time seems to indicate they are aware of the toxic nature of the game right now...I'm sure their internal numbers are showing a decline.

I was looking at Overwatch on twitch the other day, and there seems to be a big drop in viewership, streamers who routinely were getting 1K to 5K seems to have 400 to 1500 now.

Anyone still playing regularly?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I've all but quit completely. Game was frustrating at times but it may be because I'm stuck on an evercrack addiction. My brother, who was playing competitively and was like top 200, also hasn't played in the past two months. He received an email about participating in the league a few weeks ago, but doesn't seem very interested in it anymore.

It's a fun game that'll I'll probably load up randomly, but it did lose it's long term appeal after a while.

• 1Solidarity

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I still play every day not sure why. Will probably move over to destiny 2 as I never played 1. Biggest problem is just team comp. I played heal/tank flex for the first couple seasons, now I'm basically saying "fuck it" and play who I feel like playing, usually Tracer or Sombra. I don't use comms at all. Obviously that hugely degrades the experience.

Biggest problem with this game could easily be solved by allowing people to queue into roles i.e. queue as tank/support/dps. I wouldn't GAF if it takes another minute to find a game.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played heal/tank flex for the first couple seasons, now I'm basically saying "fuck it" and play who I feel like playing, usually Tracer or Sombra.

That seems to be the biggest problem with the game, and I don't blame you because I am the same now.

It does lead to some interesting games though...5DPS and a Lucio on Nepal and we steamrolled the other team...that was fun. :)

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I stopped playing all together over the last month and a half. The game on its own is great and has so much potential to provide a fun experience, but the community/ranked environment just sucks the life out of me. It's not worth the frustration. I do still watch tournaments and streams though.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
...Biggest problem with this game could easily be solved by allowing people to queue into roles i.e. queue as tank/support/dps. I wouldn't GAF if it takes another minute to find a game.

And then your team would be populated with at least 1 tank and 1 heal? What about being locked into the class type for the whole match? Or allow a primary and secondary?