Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Not many people picking Doomfist anymore, so I gave it a hard run for a few games.

He's really fun when you get into the groove and/or you have a good healer on you. But man, once you blow a big combo you're a sitting duck.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not many people picking Doomfist anymore, so I gave it a hard run for a few games.

He's really fun when you get into the groove and/or you have a good healer on you. But man, once you blow a big combo you're a sitting duck.

If Zen catches him charging up he's screwed. Face full of balls = RIP

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Doomfist is pretty hilarious to use if you're in QP with an annoying Symmetra that no one seems to want to deal with.

Especially when you can clear her portal car wash room with your ult.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Widowmaker is French, I find the fact that she's wearing a bikini top totally offensive.

Araxen

Man, I was almost done with my Lucioball placement matches and the game borks. Now I can't queue up for any kind of match now. They are working on it apparently.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man, I was almost done with my Lucioball placement matches and the game borks. Now I can't queue up for any kind of match now. They are working on it apparently.
Same thing happened to me. Not sure if it's just competitive or all lucioball but I'd recommend against playing that right now if you want to play at all.

Araxen

I'm a diamond Lucioball player, I'm considered part of the elite by Jeff now.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Crosspost from the Computer Issues thread.

I bought the following laptop for my kid last year:

Lenovo 17.3" Y700 (80Q0008XUS) Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 16 GB DDR4 Memory 256 GB SSD 1 TB HDD Windows 10 Home 64-Bit Gaming Laptop

It's been pretty good except that he has a lot of issues with it overheating when playing Overwatch, which is his main thing. It seems that Blizzard knows this is a common issue as there is a giant thread bitching about it and they have a sticky to address it. He tried turning off VSync and that didn't help, so it seems that the only other answer will be to limit it to 30 f/s?

I talked to Lenovo support yesterday and their answer was "LOL not our problem, min specs are 4GB but recommended specs are 6GB LOL".

Has anyone else run into this? Seems like this is mainly a Blizzard design issue since there are plenty of desktops reporting the problem but it's a bullshit answer from Lenovo.

EDIT - Thought I should probably quantify this. Temp is getting up as high as 95C and when it does the game starts stuttering. How, when, and how often this happens is not predictable.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I hopped into a Lucioball game and the clock said Overtime. There was no ball and everyone was just goofing off.

???

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

PTR Patch Notes: Patch notes for Overwatch PTR » BlizzTrack

Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – August 10, 2017
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
New Game Modes: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch

Two new game modes have been added to the Arcade: Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch!

In Deathmatch, eight players go head-to-head until one player scores 20 points. Players will earn 1 point whenever they land the final blow on an opponent and will lose 1 point whenever they die to environmental damage (ex: falling off a cliff) or self-inflicted damage. This scoring will be tracked in a brand-new scoreboard. The first player to 20 points wins!

In Team Deathmatch, two teams of four players face off until one team scores 30 points. Players will earn 1 point for their team whenever they land the final blow on an opponent and will lose 1 point for their team whenever they die to environmental damage (ex: falling off a cliff) or self-inflicted damage. If players are resurrected before they respawn, the corresponding point for their death will be deducted from the enemy team’s score. This scoring will be tracked in our default scoreboard. The first team to 30 points wins!

Both modes will play out on a selection of maps from our existing pool:

• Hanamura
  • Horizon Lunar Colony
  • Temple of Anubis
  • Volskaya Industries
  • Dorado
  • Eichenwalde
  • Hollywood
  • King’s Row
  • (TDM only) Black Forest
  • (TDM only) Castillo
  • (TDM only) Ecopoint: Antarctica
  • (TDM only) Necropolis
We’ve made several modifications to many of these maps (including restricting play to a specific area and developing a special respawn system) when playing in these modes. We’re also introducing a brand-new map specifically for Deathmatch: Château Guillard! Learn more about this map below.

Both modes will be available for play in Custom Games. Watch our developer update for additional insight: [link]

New Deathmatch Map: Château Guillard

Château Guillard is located near Annecy in southeastern France. For hundreds of years, it was the estate of the influential Guillard family, until it gradually fell into disrepair after the family's power waned in the decades after the Revolution. Recently, the château has found a new owner: the Talon agent Widowmaker, who has returned to her family's ancestral home.

General
  • A number of data format changes have been implemented
Developer Comments: Over the past few months, we’ve been working on a number of significant under-the-hood changes that will help us streamline the patching process. This will allow us to reduce the download size in future patches, but it does mean that today’s patch is larger than a traditional patch.
Hero Updates
Junkrat

• Concussion Mine
    • Junkrat can now hold two mines
  • RIP-Tire
    • Tire’s movement speed has been increased by 30%
    • There is no longer a time limit when wall climbing
Developer Comments: Giving the Junkrat the ability to store two concussion mines adds some much-needed flexibility and versatility to his kit, particularly when using the mines for mobility. RIP-Tire’s damage has always been very good, but it was often difficult to steer the tire into position before it was destroyed. Increasing its speed will allow players to effectively detonate the tire more often and decrease the amount of time that Junkrat is vulnerable while controlling it.
Orisa

• Fusion Driver
    • Projectile speed increased by 20%
  • Protective Barrier
    • Barrier size increase by 20%
    • Barrier shape has been changed to allow for more coverage from enemies that are below the barrier
Developer Comments: The projectile speed increase helps Orisa’s consistency, especially at medium ranges (or further). Her barrier size has been increased to better protect her team, and the new shape makes the shield more effective when it’s used on slopes or on top of objects (such as a payload).
Roadhog

• Take a Breather
    • Can now be used while moving
    • Damage taken while healing has been reduced by 50%
Developer Comments: These changes help Roadhog be much more aggressive when looking for hook targets or blocking for his team. The combination of these effects significantly increases Roadhog’s sustainability and survivability.
Widowmaker

• Grappling Hook
    • Cooldown has been reduced from 12 seconds to 8
  • Venom Mine
    • Affected targets are now visible through walls (to you as Widowmaker only)
Developer Comments: Widowmaker is extremely powerful in the right hands, but her abilities often felt a little weak. The Grappling Hook cooldown reduction means she is more likely to have it available when she needs to escape. Venom Mine is intended to be an early warning system, uncovering enemies that are attempting to flank her or her team. With this change, she can see enemies when they trigger the mine, even if they’re on the other side of a wall.
User Interface
  • Added an “Outline Opacity” option under the custom reticle settings (found under Controls > Options > Advanced), which allows players to control the opacity of the black outline surrounding the reticule
Bug Fixes
General

• Fixed a bug that occasionally required the Capture Point progress bar to progress past the second tick mark before being activated
Heroes

• Fixed a bug that could cause D.Va's black ejection screen to briefly reappear after being ejected from her mech
  • Fixed a bug causing D.Va’s Light Gun to use the wrong texture while outside of her mech when the Junker skin was equipped
  • Fixed a bug that caused D.Va’s hair to stand straight up on the Hero Select screen when her Cruiser was equipped
  • Fixed a bug causing the lights on the back of Doomfist’s gauntlet to incorrectly indicate full ammo when his Hello emote was activated
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the area-of-effect circle for Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being visible to all players
  • Fixed a bug preventing the height from Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from being high enough to reach certain locations
  • Fixed a bug that was preventing Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from connecting with enemy players that were moving up an incline
  • Fixed a bug that caused Hanzo’s arrow to disappear when his Meditate emote was active
  • Fixed a bug preventing Orisa’s “Overclocked” achievement from being granted, even after the criteria was met
  • Fixed a bug causing Sombra’s teeth to be visible while her Stealth ability was active when her Los Muertos skin was equipped
  • Fixed a bug causing Sombra’s reload animation to play even when interrupted
Maps

• Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Ecopoint: Antarctica
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to see past the map’s background on Black Forest
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Black Forest
  • Fixed a bug that caused the announcer to say “Traveling to Dorado” when joining Castillo
  • Fixed a bug that prevented some equipment (vents, pipes, etc.) from properly connecting to the walls of the power plant on Dorado
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Hanamura
  • Fixed an issue that caused sprays to display incorrectly on the crane on the Horizon Lunar Colony
  • Fixed a bug that could cause A.I. heroes to get themselves stuck while traveling to the Well Capture Point on Ilios
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Ilios
  • Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations on Oasis
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Pharah’s Jump Jet from recharging while perched on doorframes in Oasis
  • Fixed a bug that prevented doorframes from being visible and lacking collision on the Practice Range
User Interface

• Fixed a bug in the Options > Controls menu that prevented the asterisk (which normally indicates that changes have been made) from being removed from the hero’s dropdown after controls have been set to default
  • Fixed a bug causing the Back button to disappear when scrolling through the list of available games in the Game Browser
  • Fixed a bug that prevented grouped players from appearing linked in the tab menu during a Custom Game

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Like the changes a lot. 12 seconds for widows hook always seemed way cumbersome. Hog.. shrug. Still doubt he sees much play.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Tryin to master my goalie skillz. Only 3100 in competitive lucioball. Just hard to time my shots against in air balls.