Overwatch

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
D'Va rockets got nerfed today damage wise. It used to do somewhere around 216 damage if they all hit and not it's around 170 damage.

Anime battles:

Her Ultimate needs to be taken down to 10 seconds. It's absurd it lasts so long and does so many things. It really makes Orisa's and Ana's ultimate seem so lame in comparison.

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah probably lasts too long considering it makes her super tanky, super annoying to kill since she's flying and gives her both super healing and super damage, although her super damage seems to be more useful than her super healing at this point since her gun was always pretty ok but no reload and better stats pushes it pretty far.

Cybsled

Tigole already posted that they are going to nerf Mercy's gun in ult, because they don't want her to become godlike DPS and have that be the only use for the ult vs. the super healing/res.

Araxen

RIP USA...

world-cup-playoff.png

How does this guys account not get perm banned before he racked up all these complaints? You would think at least half those complaints would results in a perm ban.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758687468?page=4#post-72

From Jeff:
We checked the IP address of the account you posted from and found a suspended account.

That account has a total of 2247 complaints filed against it -- making it one of the worst offending accounts we've seen. The account has also been silenced for a total of 9216 hours. There are 3 gameplay suspensions on the account as well as 7 silences against this account (these are for abusive chat and/or spam). There is also a manual GM account suspension for "massive griefing" levied.

So I'm not sure if that's the account you're referring to or not, but someone from your IP has been a less-than-ideal OW citizen.

If that's not your account, please let us know what the BattleTag is and I'm happy to look into it further. The last thing we want is good, upstanding members of the community being punished unfairly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm at 5800 competitive points, and should get 400 for the season reward. Time to see if 6000 is a hard cap or if it will go over.

Goes over! Have 6229

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Jeff's response to the way too lenient policing. It's encouraging and I hope it pans out. They are losing players over the trolls and other bullshit.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758737651#post-16
You make some really good points and we agree. The reporting and punishment system is currently one of our prime focuses. You will be seeing a developer update about this very soon (we recorded it last week -- not sure when it's going live).

We have short, medium and long term plans and we haven't done a great job in communicating all of these things to you. In the short term we are re-evaluating every punishment and are in the process of converting silences over to suspensions. We're also increasing the length of suspensions. Pretty soon, we hope for silences to go away all together and only have suspensions and bans for punishments (with a few exceptions like forced BattleTag changes for naming violations). Also in the short term, we've been testing an email notification system to let you know when someone you've reported has been actioned. We cannot provide a lot of detail in these emails but they only go out if an action has taken place (meaning your report contributed to someone getting suspended). The other short term thing we just did was ban a number of accounts for boosting in Season 5. These accounts were actioned either yesterday or are in the process of being actioned. They will lose all Season 5 rewards.

In the medium term, we're looking to completely ban repeated Competitive offenders meaning if you've been banned for more than X seasons, we will ban you from ever playing competitive again. We also want to increase the email notification system to other forms of reporting as well as work on an in-game notification system to let you know that your reports are doing something (this will edge more into the long term section -- the in game part). For Season 6, we're going to be way more aggressive with boosting/throwing or any sort of SR manipulation. We have some very smart people who are getting very good at detecting this behavior and we are actively building systems (and punishments) around SR abuse. Also in the medium term, we have a new series of punishments we're going to try that escalates much more quickly (so you don't have egregious cases like the one you're referencing). Basically, extreme offenders will "strike out" of the game much quicker. As part of these increasing punishments, we're looking to make it so that offenders get blocked from Competitive play much sooner -- more details on this as we get closer.

In the long term, we really want to work on systems that encourage positive behavior and reward good players. It really bums us out to spend so much time punishing people for being bad sports. We like making cool, fun game systems -- that's what we do for a living. But because people seem to lack self-control or because people like to abuse anonymity and free speech we're put in a position of spending a tremendous amount of our time and resources policing the community. We will do this as it is our responsibility but we'd like to spend more time rewarding good players rather than having to focus on poor sportsmanship and unacceptable bad behavior so much. Like it or not, this is an "us, the OW community problem" and not just an "OW team problem". For better or for worse, we're in this together.

We're working hard to make changes. I hope you all do too.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
They nerfed the size of the hitbox of DF's punch in the patch. Now on PTR Mercy can't rezz through shield.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Deathmatch is way more fun than I thought it would be. Its nice to have a McCree practice range.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It has been useful for me to have a quantifiable chart to show how terrible I am. That often gets lost in the normal games.

It takes me like an hour to get warmed up, and even then I'm barely in the top 4.

It has been fun to watch Taimou deathmatch though.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
DM is def a wake up call... some dude dominates with sym and I'm like "oh thats a good idea" and next game pick her and get totally wrecked. And you don't even need aim with her..

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Lol I thought the 8 man DM u had to get #1 for the loot box but I got #3 with soldier and got the box. Sniper pretety good for DM but I suck at her, mcree and soldier work due to flashbang and rockets =p

interesting on the LOS res.