Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well that's new, I was gold, lost a few games and became silver ranked...didn't know we could lose rank at gold level, got it back the next game. That's weird.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Orisa + Ana Ult.... sooo good now. After the Mercy changes someone is going to run that. Orisa shreds, has a huge clip, and has her own barrier. It's like beta Bastion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
DM been fun but now seems like hanzo and widow playground, so annoying even as mcree or soldier i just get one shot! might be time to relearn my AWP skillz and go widow

McCree is like S class in DM

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Agreed, cowboy is an easy top 4. I've been doing really well with Mei too.

The DM mode has really helped me find problems. If I go into practice and do aim stuff, it is completely different than a live fight. I had turned my sensitivity way down this past year, and it works well in practice, but goes badly in real fights. I guess I've got 20 years of muscle memory to fight against if I ever want to change.

I've had problems lately with double vision, and cranking up the crosshair size and outline thickness really helps with that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I jumped on the low-sens bandwagon and kind of jumped off. I am more around the medium sens range these days. Arm aiming just was not working for me since I played all of my counterstrike days doing wrist aim.

When I have to vs a Mei in DM I honestly just kind of avoid her. If you engage her in a 1v1 the possible outcomes are either you lose and die or you win and it takes forever. Unless I absolutely have to duel her I just walk away most times. Same deal with Roadhog. Sure I *can* kill him, eventually, but it isn't worth the time or the risk. I do think Mei is at least an A-class hero in the format. I think the hero tiering would change if we got different maps. Right now the map heavily, heavily favors medium range heroes such as McCree and Hanzo. If you're a long range hero you kind of have to stick to around where the jump pad is in that open area but the jump pad makes it fairly difficult to hit people.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I've alwasy done wrist aiming, tried arm and just seemed odd lol, but I still use lower sens with big mousepad

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Ya I've alwasy done wrist aiming, tried arm and just seemed odd lol, but I still use lower sens with big mousepad

Likewise. I cut my FPS teeth playing quake 1 and learned with about a four-inch 360. Hard to move to arm aiming from that. I did notice a benefit in OW from lowering the sensitivity, though.

• 1Barf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya I had a guy go with me on my settings to turn those down, bought a higher fps monitor (helped a lot) and yeah he said i should do a 360 by time I'm half way across my mousepad. Dunno still takes practice tho, he used counterstrike Zero with some mods to practice hit scanning, really seems like have to keep practicing constantly. I'm happy just logging on doing 3 quick plays as soldier or mcree then go competitive.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I recently bought a Logitech G502 mouse and I used this site to help me figure out what sensitivity to use. I use 3 for sensitivity and 1200 dpi which forced me to learn how to arm aim. I'll go up to 2400 dpi if I'm using Mercy or some other no aim hero. I also have a 1440p/144hz gsync montior.

Overwatch DPI Tool

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think I've told this tale before (standard old person disclaimer). I bought a huge steelseries black pad, like 3 feet wide or something. Tested it out with my mouse software's surface recognition tool, and all was good.

Then I started having the mouse just cut out on me. Eventually I figured out that the mouse needs a small amount of ambient light to work. It is optical and the black pad in a pitch black room wasn't working unless something reasonably bright was on screen.

I had to go back to my older smaller pad that has a bit of a shinier surface to it (it is still black).

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I never understood using the metric of a 360 for reference. I just could never see a point, other than being fancy, when do you need to 360 something? I've always mapped mine based off a few things, fastest runspeed/dash, and comfortable distance for a 180. Quake might be slightly different? but even then I don't remember. Never should you have to 360, either you made a bad decision and 180'd poorly into the least optimal direction. Buuuut I also use my arm, and have been for a very long time. I remember I forgot my mousepad to a friends house, so I was reduced to one of those free pads that are like 6x6, and holy hell.. I made it work but the guy who gave it to me couldn't stop laughing at how many times i'd either go off the pad, or have to lift my mouse to make the aim work; needless to say I was always bitching. I believe I settled 700 dpi and 4 sens, not sure why its not 800 but I loved shooting at 400 dpi just my desktop sens, and buying in csgo gets really fucked.

edit; oh

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My last 5 games of deathmatch someone already has 10+ kills by the time I join. I guess people are being dicks and leaving once they see they are behind.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I got the deathadder elite. 1000 dpi 4 sens in game. Lucio is around at 5.5 or 6.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Played a few games this weekend, didn't encounter too much toxicity, or trolling...but damn there were a suit load of leavers, easily 1/3 of my games had a leaver on one side or the other.

I'm not enjoying this junkrat meta much.

Almost had good elims as Zenyetta, lost it on last fight. It would have been fun...team had 3 DPS too. :)

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
Played a few games this weekend, didn't encounter too much toxicity, or trolling...but damn there were a suit load of leavers, easily 1/3 of my games had a leaver on one side or the other.

I'm not enjoying this junkrat meta much.

Almost had good elims as Zenyetta, lost it on last fight. It would have been fun...team had 3 DPS too. :)
im finding the berst way to counter junkrat is a fucking zarya, Zarya pretty much stays at maximum power! lol

Also, i main Zenyatta in comp and, its not all that uncommon to do it. Im not saying i do it all the time, but i have. Im not a pro or anything, im only 2300 SR, im 40 after all!

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Played rank
Placed 2800
Played rank going from 2800 to 2979, 1 game from diamond
Play more rank, drop 300+ points to 2640

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Kinda like me.

My main account was mostly mid gold since launch except I ended at 2551 in S5. Placed 2700 and climbed up to 2845. I had 89% win rate on Lucio. I played Saturday knowing that my win rate is not great in the week end. I lost 5, won 1 and I droped to 2710. Yesterday I had 3 wins and I'm back to 2810.

In my 5 lost over the week end there was 2 matches I felt I really played well but I guest I was out of luck. (26 elim in one round has soldier and 18k heal has lucio in a KotH with only 3 rounds.)

I was wondering sometimer how ennemy teams had ults every minutes. I realised we had a Roadhog that was literally feeding thems ult. A good Roadhog is scary but a bad one will probably make you lose.

I should never play during week end.