Overwatch

Heian

Molten Core Raider
I realised S6 is almost done. I rushed my sec account placement and I ended up has diamond... 3019

My main account has been on a losing streak and hovering between 2600-2700 with a 2840 SH.(almost 200 game played)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I managed to stay at 2000 or so all season until about 2-3 weeks ago where I had 3 awful night in a row that took me to about 1750 where I stayed until last night when I climbed back to 1950.

I'd like to try and get back over 2000 so I finish the season in Gold like all others. :)

Last night was a fun night, with no leavers, no toxic players, most team comps were good. On night like these you can appreciate how much fun Overwatch is, sadly they are getting to be pretty rare.

When does S6 end?

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
Apac is on, first tourney I've seen with the new patch (I didn't watch apex challengers). Instead of a series of teamfights and resets, there's one 6v6 and then these huge extended fights with all the resurrections and sustain. Very brawly and hard to follow.

Teams are still divey but the teams weren't playing Lucio so couldn't disengage with speed boost. Winstons are getting pretty good at surviving.

Honestly in gold/plat this play style is 100x more fun. No one would ever group up and reset as a team in gold/plat. It's not as bad when people trickle now because usually there's 1-2 teammates left in the battle.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
That makes sense. I am still in gold but I haven't played a lot of competitive since the patch.

Apac is going to be a great tournament. The Ozzies look strong, but of course the korean teams are brutal. I think this new patch has a lot more to give. Most teams are just swapping out lucio for mercy.

I saw a glimpse of a really cool idea from one of the european teams in contenders. They rushed Oasis City Center and blocked the 2 chokes with Rein and Orisa shields. Pretty cool idea but they didn't last very long and immediately abandoned it. I think it could work on the new patch in certain spots.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
APEX finale was much better than I expected. They play on pre buffed Mercy patch. I was watching that and I kinda missed that time. I really loved the Lucio Boop and that Zen player near the end. In the furture all we will see is flying Mercy rezzing people.

I mean when you feel nostalgic for Dive comp...

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It was close!

I think map 1 should have gone the other way if they hadn't just tried to pretend Pharah doesn't exist. Really frustrating to watch, and it has been happening all season.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Surefour will be in OWL after all. He has a coach.

Top Notch Blizzard matchmaking in action(kind of loud at the end, it's XQC).

Last edited:

Araxen

I personally don't believe the game is esports ready especially with they way Mercy is right now. Pre-season starts in December and I believe OWL will be patch locked when pre-season starts. They have just a little over a month to fix Mercy. Even if they do dole out a fix it leaves very little time to battle test the fixes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
How do you even balance her though?

Increase the res cd?

Add a channel time on res?

Completely replace it with a different ability?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I personally don't believe the game is esports ready especially with they way Mercy is right now. Pre-season starts in December and I believe OWL will be patch locked when pre-season starts. They have just a little over a month to fix Mercy. Even if they do dole out a fix it leaves very little time to battle test the fixes.

He hits the nail on the head.

I can't believe companies are even buying into OWL.

The flop is going to be legendary

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah mercy is absurdly strong at the minute. Personally I feel that her rez mechanic just needs to go completely for the sake of balance, but im not sure if theyll ever do that as its always been her signature ability.

I think her ultimate is fine without the double rez -- very strong even without it, is like an orissa ulti or you can put out massive amounts of group healing, and i think the balance between offense/defense suits her quite well and is in line with other 'strong ultis'.

So what to put on her E? Maybe a ressurect but only if the person dies within a certain time period, sort of like kharazim's ability in hots?
Or since shes supposed to be a battle healer, maybe E can increase her own damage to let her handle flankers a bit better or increase self healing a bit? Maybe both? But knowing blizzard theyd make her unkillable, so probably just increase damage or something.

Last edited:

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm

Surprised he didn't bring up the fact they're building an esports and competitive gaming scene around a game which doesn't even have a proper scoreboard in it

• 1Worf

Araxen

How do you even balance her though?

Increase the res cd?

Add a channel time on res?

Completely replace it with a different ability?

Rez just needs to be deleted from the game, but I highly doubt Blizzard would do that. Maybe changing it so if you do a quick E rez that person comes back at 20% health and the longer she holds down E the more health they come back with. 3 seconds = full health?

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Divine Palm is a good idea, res is stupid as shit. Preventing death would give her some what of an actual skill aspect to her kit as well

Araxen

I've been watching Emongg the last couple nights, the guy mentioned in the video, and he's always upbeat and doesn't get tilted. He's really good too.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I got a 48 hour chat ban for calling everyone faggots in qp

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I got a 48 hour chat ban for calling everyone faggots in qp
I got voice banned for 3 months, first time it was 2 weeks, 2nd time 3 months! lol They just dont let you uncheck your mic in voice. haha I didn't say faggot though, i usually call people fucking idiots.