Overwatch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ana is getting her rifle damage buffed.

Jeff confirms Ana rifle damage buff • r/Competitiveoverwatch

I did play her a little last night in QP and I was able to shoot down a Mercy and a Pharah(because heaven forbid anyone else switch off their Junkrat, Tracer or Reaper to try to reign Pharah in) so increasing her damage will make it easier to shoot them down!

I hate Resurrect so much. Buffing Ana sounds great and all, but until Mercy loses resurrect, or it's on a 5min cooldown, this game is shit.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate Resurrect so much. Buffing Ana sounds great and all, but until Mercy loses resurrect, or it's on a 5min cooldown, this game is shit.

Jeff did say today they going to do another rebalance of it.

We think the direction she's moving in is better for everyone -- Mercy mains and non-Mercy players. Having a primary healer who was hiding under a bridge telling people to "die on the point" was not our idea of optimal. We think Valkyrie is a very engaging and dynamic ultimate and Mercy's role as a primary healer is very clear now. But resurrect is too powerful and needs to be toned down. We're not going to throw the baby out with the bath water on this one. We're iterating until she's in a good place. We appreciate your patience with us while we do that.
Reworking a hero is hard. Sometimes you get it right on the first try, sometimes you need some iteration. Mercy needs a little iteration. Overall, she's a lot more dynamic and fun to play now. But resurrect is too powerful and still playing out like an ultimate ability. It's not her ultimate anymore and needs to be toned down to feel more like a secondary ability. Mercy will still be awesome to play. She is one of the most beloved heroes. But the tuning of resurrect is off currently and needs to be brought in line.

Other non-Mercy related quotes from Jeff today:
We talk about all of the heroes all of the time here. Genji's not currently on our radar as being a balance problem.

I think Genji is fine since his ult isn't refunded anymore so I agree with him here.

We've been talking about scatter arrow since 2014... it's always been controversial. The claim that it takes "no skill" is not really fair. It's a well placed shot. It just happens to do a lot of damage and doesn't feel particularly good to be on the receiving end of (especially if you're someone like Orisa). The fantasy of shooting into someone's feet is clearly not what we were going for but that's where we're at right now.

In his current state, if you just nerfed Scatter, Hanzo would be pretty anemic. If anything he needs some help right now. So it's tricky with Hanzo. He's being heavily discussed right now.

I have problems that scatter arrow can completely gut a tank. How is it unfair for McCree(yeah, the nerf was justified) to gut tanks but not Hanzo? McCree required to you be up close and use two abilities. Hanzo just takes one ability at range. Damage on scatter arrow should be lowered to 250 instead of the 450 damage it does now.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Jeff did say today they going to do another rebalance of it.

Other non-Mercy related quotes from Jeff today:

I think Genji is fine since his ult isn't refunded anymore so I agree with him here.

I have problems that scatter arrow can completely gut a tank. How is it unfair for McCree(yeah, the nerf was justified) to gut tanks but not Hanzo? McCree required to you be up close and use two abilities. Hanzo just takes one ability at range. Damage on scatter arrow should be lowered to 250 instead of the 450 damage it does now.

Jeff is right though, if you nerf scatter then you need to give him something. He's already mostly terrible on a team, he needs something that's team friendly.

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Genji issue for me is the size of his reflect. He might gain charge a tiny bit fast for how much powerful it is.

A decent Genii will 1.8 puts while Lucio or Zen get 1.

Araxen

3-7, 1644 SR. I need to improve. I got gold elmins as Orisa my last placement match, not that medals so much, but as a tank the was DPS sucking ass.

I did get this POTG which I love lol:
I felt like we should have won this game, but people made retarded switches.

Here is my vod of the night:

Any bored peeps please comment on it. I already know my Orisa shield guarding on Torb sucks. ADD. I want to get better on Zarya though. I'd rather focus on playing Zenyatta and Zarya in Comp. I play Mercy only when no one else picks her and I hate playing her. I will say at the end of this VOD there is a Lucio that refused to die in the Iliois Well.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Araxen

PTR Patch notes:

Overwatch Patch Notes – October 31, 2017
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing. To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback or PTR Bug Report forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

HERO UPDATES
Ana

• Biotic Rifle
    • Damage increased from 60 to 70
Developer Comment: Ana has been outshined by other support heroes lately. Boosting her damage will help her defend herself and make her more threatening to the enemy team.

Mercy

• Resurrect
    • Cast time increased from 0 seconds to 1.75 seconds
    • Mercy’s movement speed is now reduced by 75% while casting
    • an now be interrupted when Mercy is knocked back, stunned, or hacked
  • Valkyrie
    • When activated, Resurrection no longer has a cast time
Developer Comment: We feel that Mercy’s recent rework has been successful, but her Resurrect ability still feels too strong and frustrating to play against. Now that it has a cast time, there is more room for enemies to counter the ability. However, casting Resurrect happens instantly when Valkyrie is active. This should make her feel powerful when she transforms on the battlefield.

BUG FIXES
  • Fixed several issues that prevented the announcer voice lines from playing correctly in Competitive, Elimination, and Capture the Flag game modes
  • Fixed an issue causing Roadhog’s Chain Hook to latch on to enemy players for longer than intended

Rez 1.75 seconds! I hope it reigns it in!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully it will be enough to stop her from diving into a group of enemy to rez. 1.75 seconds is a long time especially when it can be interrupted. I think their goal is for her to be able to rez when her group has a certain degree of control of the area the dead hero is at, but be very difficult to rez people out of position or in the middle of a team fight. Hopefully it works out the way they want.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
As long as it's 0 cast time during ult, she'll still be a must play.

Rezzing 2-3 people up during Ult is too important to ignore.

1.75 cast time is better.

She needs to lose the ability to rez more than 1 during Ult.

---

Started my promos 2-1 and the 1 loss is due to a troll of course.
Started Defense in King's Row, enemy team took it to the end, we had a Widow main doing nothing.
1 guy on the team says something tame like "please no widow this time"
The guy freaks out and says "welp, we lose now cause 1 guy said something"
He picks sym and stays in spawn moving objects around... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I don't say shit, nor do I care much, I always end up at my same ranking even going 1-9.

OW is a unique game imo. It's the first game I've played a lot where I easily see how immature and "young" the playerbase is. EQ drama seemed tame compared to OW toxicity. It really is a serious problem.

The videos on Youtube of girl gamers getting flamed in OW is quite disturbing.

It's so bad that I don't use voice chat, or listen to voice chat, at all. The tilt you can get from listening to the garbage is too extreme in this game, just better to focus on my own game.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Personally I find the evening peak times virtually unplayable because game quality dips so much/is so random. Nearly zero chance of actually putting together some semblance of a team, and it seems at this time nearly every game has some sort of awful one trick, shimada bros combo, completely tilted player or ragequitter. Also have to play with teamchat muted just because I can't stand the constant negativity any more.

I think this game could do with stretching out the tiers, more akin to LOL. Seems everyone falls around gold mostly but there is a huge difference in game awareness, willingness to play for the team, and general ability within this tier that match quality really varies and it leads to some very unenjoyable games due to the complete RNG. For example, when I play in gold half the time even with two healers im constantly fighting for my life as DPS having to play really defensively and I know that my healers aren't very experienced, then in some gold games the healing throughput is great and its like playing a different style of DPS. Once you hit high plat generally its much more consistent and you can play aggro as DPS much more. But the variation within gold is just crazy, I think its far too swingy.

Also the game still needs a scoreboard.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I did my placement on my alt account which is about 150 lower SR than my main account. I went 7-3 like the main account and placed around 1910 which is about where I ended the previous season on that account. This was as a 1 trick Mei. ;p I switched once to McCree in a game where a Pharah was giving us trouble, and made her switch off pretty quickly .

Speaking of McCree, I started playing him more last season. I wanted a hitscan to deal with Pharah, and I have an easier with Pharah with McCree than I do with Soldier. I'm still not a great McCree, but getting at least decent enough that while I don't necessary kill Pharah reliably, I hit her enough that she has trouble staying in the air and be really efficient. I still hope that someone else in the group can deal with her since I am not great, but at least I now have the option to do it myself if needed.

Switched to the main account after that, and went for 2088 to about 2180...so nice gain of about 100SR.

All in all, I can't complain much about the games that I've had in placement for both account. While team comp wasn't great, we always had at least 1 tank and 1 healer, most of the time I'd say it was 2 tanks + Mercy which is a decent comp if you have some hero that can self-heal, not many games had 2-2-2 though.

The level of toxicity was pretty low, I guess I've been lucky so far since this isn't usual compared to last season. I've also been on a winning streak so that might have helped somewhat.

I don't think toxicity will ever go away not matter what they do which is sad because when you get a nice group that talks and coordinate, the game is so much more fun.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
First video that makes me want to watch some competitive OW:

Coming from never watching any competitive OW, these new tools do seem like they'll make it much more viewer friendly.

Team colors, instant replay, top-down view, stats.... all good stuff.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I've really turned to shit from S2 to now. Was 2400 in S2, didn't play any S3 or S4 and qualified ~2000 for S5 but dropped to 1500. I can't seem to go up no matter what I play, qualified at 1600 for any fellow mouth breathers that want to team up.

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah multiple res during ult and being instant is still too busted lmao

cucklan is so bad at balancing his game

• 1Like

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I've really turned to shit from S2 to now. Was 2400 in S2, didn't play any S3 or S4 and qualified ~2000 for S5 but dropped to 1500. I can't seem to go up no matter what I play, qualified at 1600 for any fellow mouth breathers that want to team up.

Make sure your team has two healers, one of them mercy, and you should climb to gold on the back of that alone

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I at least had no games decided by leavers. Honestly though we'd have been better off without a few of them.

Araxen

yeah multiple res during ult and being instant is still too busted lmao

cucklan is so bad at balancing his game

Jeff and Geoff. I've seen people complain on other forums about Geoff and his horrible balancing when he was on the HOTS team. I have no idea if it is true or not since I find that game boring as fuck.

I find it funny at how careful they are being with Mercy and her balancing, but leave Doomfist in his sorry state. They need to do something about Junkrat's ult charge too. It's way too fucking fast. I'll live with the mine damage, but the ult charge needs to go. It's absurd that you can get it in under 30 seconds.

The esports video is pretty cool. I really like what they've done with the team colors. I just wish there was a way in the Overwatch client that I could connect to the match and control the camera's myself. Whenever I watched a match on Twitch the camera switching choices annoy me a lot.

I'm hoping they announce at Blizzon some changes to Competitive. I wish they would take the focus off the SR grind, and put in a secondary system that you grind that has achievable goals no matter your SR level. I think that would make for a less frustrating experience.

Last edited:

gauze

Molten Core Raider
The esports video is pretty cool. I really like what they've done with the team colors. I just wish there was a way in the Overwatch client that I could connect to the match and control the camera's myself.

In a roundabout way, it sounds like they want to do that. Maybe not directly until its polished enough for the enduser, and i'm assuming they'll go with a ESEA style VoD.... where you can download it after the match and do play-by-play studies.

I'm honestly hoping the team colors will come to us, as players. Maybe not perma, but I thoroughly enjoy the nationalist skins.

As far as the balancing, I think their focus is right on money. They can't nec remove revive, or it guts the character and will inevitably be put into another character at some other point with an ability based game. Things like Doomfist, and Hanzo don't hold a precedence like Mercy and her revive. I think they're in the right direction w/ her cast time/no cast time in ult. I've always been for the dialing forward, and slowly reeling it back. You gotta realize how unbelievably fucked she is going to be w/ a 1.75 standing cast time. Hack is only .8, a good hook will ruin it, a boop will ruin it, a headshot will ruin it. Helping someone like Ana will be good too, I am not certain that this is the end all be all fix. I think 75/80 would be better since no matter the situation she is in a decision battle but 70 could be the sweet spot w/o realizing it.

Araxen

eYQGZb9.jpg