Overwatch

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I never use voice. But I love it if my shitchatting can get someone to rage in voice.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
If it were cpu style server lag I'd think everyone else would have noticed. But maybe people are so bad down at my level they wouldn't.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I guess since this ends november first, we'll get one more round of weekly arcade bonus plunderboxes for our 1% chance at something decent. I'm at 2790 gold and it never seems to go up.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

So it was a lie that toxic players were slowing the Dev team down? It was the SPECTATOR client.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm excited for all that, but they do need to spend a little more polish time here and there.

Sounds are still dropping out, not just footsteps but ults even. Pulse bombs vanish with no dva around. Widow spectating can often show charged shots without scope. Tracer's rewind is superbroken.

This sort of thing happens constantly. Keep in mind this is a super strong pro dps player:

All it takes is a few minutes in the editor to put down some 45 degree wedge clip brushes. Basic level design 101.

Also I think they need to do something about "suicide to reset". I think that will be confusing and strange to viewers. Maybe lose some or all ult charge on death?

Oh and #1 on the list, bounce sounds for junkrat grenades.

Also, one nitpick for the chinese tournaments: The team initials in front of everyone's name has to go. I mean it says right above the name what team they are on. Totally redundant and stupid, especially with uniforms coming.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The esports feature sound nice if you're into esports, doesn't do much for us as players though. I think just the team palette thing where skins, weapons, explosions, HUD are going to be in team colors will help follow the game a lot.

The one aspect of the esports that I'm a bit concerned about is how it will impact the game for the rest of us. It is going to be like PvP and PvE in WoW, where changes were made for one play style that affected the other negatively. Will there be changes to gameplay made for esports reason that will end up with a big negative impact on the non esports scene.

Araxen

TLDR: Mercy changes coming soon, We hear you about Competitive, changes are coming. The report system works. You'll see!

It sounds like no changes for Season 7, but I could be wrong.

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the discussions here on the game. We've been reading as much as we can and appreciate all of the passion.

Sorry we haven't posted as much as we usually do lately. We've been working really hard on some pretty awesome stuff for Blizzcon and we're super excited to share it all with you next week!

I know some of you have concerns about some issues in the game so I wanted to just take a quick minute and tell you what our current focus is internally.

We've been discussing the state of the Mercy rework a lot and listening to all of the feedback. Overall, we feel like the new direction for Mercy is much better for both Mercy and non-Mercy players. But we do feel like she's too dominant right now. In particular, we feel like the resurrect ability is changing the tone of the game to a degree which is simply too powerful. As such, we're experimenting with different toned-down versions of the ability. After all, resurrect is no longer an ultimate and is now an on-cooldown ability so it needs to be less powerful. I know that you're going to want more details but we're nearing a point with internal iteration where we feel comfortable putting something on the PTR soon. We'd rather have you play the changes than theorycraft them.

Another topic that we've been focused on a lot lately is Competitive Play. We don't have immediate changes to discuss right now but we're closely studying issues and perceived problems with the system with an eye toward improvement. Along with that, we talk a lot about matchmaking within the competitive system. We have some plans that should improve some issues that players are seeing -- especially at the high end of the skill rating spectrum. We have long and short term plans for Competitive that should hopefully improve the experience over time. We're hoping that we can get more of these changes in at a faster pace rather than waiting for major milestones. Some of the matchmaking work we want to do is strictly done on our servers which means that we don't have to wait for a big patch to go out. Again, I know you want more specific details but game development is a process and we're actively discussing and iterating on ideas and systems right now.

The third big focus that's being discussed is toxicity. A lot of what we do here we cannot and will not discuss publicly. The more players understand about how these systems work, the more they will be able to game them. There have been a lot of improvements in this area and the number of actioned players continues to rise. The more we restore your faith in our systems, the more we hope you use them (talking about reporting here specifically). We're also hoping to have player feedback in the game when someone you reported was actioned by the end of the year. The email pilot program has gone well so far and we keep trying to expand that until we get the in-game system up and running. Please keep using the reporting system. I swear to you, it does work and we're really focused on improving it. But we need your help.

Obviously, there is a lot more going on besides the three topics I brought up. But I think those three things are some of the issues the community as a whole is most concerned about and therefore I think those should be my team's top priorities. We have a ton of cool, fun stuff coming -- some of which will be announced at Blizzcon. And we're also really proud of some of the work we just completed to make spectating esports better. World Cup should be pretty cool and will teach us a lot for when it comes to improving spectating in the future.

We really appreciate all of the passion you've shown for the game. We're lucky to have players like you.

All the best,

ow team
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759395949

Edit: I found this funny. https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/..._a_custom_game_called_overwatch_but_balanced/

PQII9hL.png

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Some really good matches tonight at APAC. Runaway vs Miraculous Youngster, then Busan vs Afreeca

Runaway really prepared well for MY. They really capitalized off MY's reluctance to run Mercy, and constantly ambush their flankers. Runaway is really good at deathbally comps with Kaiser.

MY is super good vs dive.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm excited for all that, but they do need to spend a little more polish time here and there.

Sounds are still dropping out, not just footsteps but ults even. Pulse bombs vanish with no dva around. Widow spectating can often show charged shots without scope. Tracer's rewind is superbroken.

This sort of thing happens constantly. Keep in mind this is a super strong pro dps player:

All it takes is a few minutes in the editor to put down some 45 degree wedge clip brushes. Basic level design 101.

Also I think they need to do something about "suicide to reset". I think that will be confusing and strange to viewers. Maybe lose some or all ult charge on death?

Oh and #1 on the list, bounce sounds for junkrat grenades.

Also, one nitpick for the chinese tournaments: The team initials in front of everyone's name has to go. I mean it says right above the name what team they are on. Totally redundant and stupid, especially with uniforms coming.

That video.. there are so many poor clipping spots all around so many maps. Most of them you'll not hit but it's so obnoxious for that 1% chance that you do stumble across them. It was one of my early complaints as a rein main too, I shouldn't be stopped by a fucking 5px window frame when charging. Nothing pisses me off more.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got Pirate Ana, then the next box I got nyarlathotep zen! Lucky lucky!

Btw I found the lady named Dolphin with the hilariously cute voice. Her stream is at:

Twitch

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
This is how you toxic troll, nukkaz

ETYcbb0.png

Bonus points to me for having a name that triggers everyone.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Btw I found the lady named Dolphin with the hilariously cute voice. Her stream is at:

Twitch

LOL at that voice, I wonder if it's her real voice or if she uses something to modify it. The funniest part to me is that she's actually pretty good at calling stuff like who used their abilities or who is low on life, who to focus on.

I wouldn't be able to listen to it for long though as it would get on my nerves after a while.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I love her voice it is so adorable, and it is her real voice. You can hear her husbando talking sometimes. I laughed so hard when Taimou had her in a game and he just couldn't stop laughing.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I noticed they added stats for Mystery Heroes. Unfortunately the one I wanted, simply the amount of games played isn't in there that I can see. Wanted to see what my overall win percentage was. I feel like it is really low, like maybe 20 or 30 percent.

125 wins in 38 hours is all I can see.

Araxen

I noticed they added stats for Mystery Heroes. Unfortunately the one I wanted, simply the amount of games played isn't in there that I can see. Wanted to see what my overall win percentage was. I feel like it is really low, like maybe 20 or 30 percent.

125 wins in 38 hours is all I can see.

There used to be a loss stat, but they took it away for whatever reason.

Araxen

Ana is getting her rifle damage buffed.

Jeff confirms Ana rifle damage buff • r/Competitiveoverwatch

Yes. We're increasing her damage.

We've been testing it internally for a while. Last night, we threw our competitive group at it (Masters/GM level players) and they really liked it also. So it will probably make the PTR soon.

I forget exactly what number Geoff set it to but I think it was 70.

I did play her a little last night in QP and I was able to shoot down a Mercy and a Pharah(because heaven forbid anyone else switch off their Junkrat, Tracer or Reaper to try to reign Pharah in) so increasing her damage will make it easier to shoot them down!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user