Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming that it's still instant, but during that like .5 seconds she will be slowed down which will be nice because shes already quick as is with only really two instant lockups being Road/McCree in the bunch.

It has a cast time during Valkyrie now.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
They need to revert that, it makes her total garbage. Other than that her changes and junkrats are perfect.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The Mercy cycle continues. Look forward to the summer rework of rez/valkyrie where she'll be OP for 6months again until they nerf her back to shit for 6months.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They need to revert that, it makes her total garbage. Other than that her changes and junkrats are perfect.

This will make her far from total garbage. She actually might be balanced now. Junkrat needs his ultimate charge toned down a little bit and I think he'll be fine.

Araxen

6-4, 1923 SR. In the last game the Mercy was throwing by pistoling first and then very rarely healing second. On top it he would throw herself into the other team to "try" and rez.

Season 8 Placements - OverTrack

I place higher than where I ended last season which was 1855. I started out that season at 1644.

Last edited:

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Think how OP Mercy was after her rework. So many nerf and still a must pick. Her new nerf is kinda bigger than what I expected. Junk change will be good.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
My guess is after watching her for a while is that they liked how rez worked outside of Valkyrie. It wasn’t too powerful, required some strategy in it's use, and ultimately wasn’t a game changer. Mercy still remains the best healer as far as healing goes, Valkyrie is still fairly powerful as an aoe heal or damage boost, and 15 seconds is still fairly long.

I think she will still see play, except she won’t be a must pick...and I think rez won’t be much of an issue anymore. I honestly think it was something like that or remove rez from the game.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Junkrat's main reason he is unfun to play against is because the audio is so terrible. There's no change in the launcher sound for facing, the grenades have a tiny tick tick tick that get lost in the din of battle, and most importantly and confusingly, there's no bounce sound. End result is a spam of stealthy death that is difficult to avoid unless you happen to be looking in the right direction. It's like they never played any fps with a grenade launcher.

There's a reason junk loves to skip them along the ground instead of going more vertical like a traditional indirect fire class.

Some really good team talk here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ26xCMrmYnUWYFtZr7cWCg

Monte is going through every team one at a time with a guest along. He's been quite gentle to the western teams. I was expecting him to declare them all shit and give them 0 chance against the koreans but maybe the preseason results tempered that a bit.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya Mercy still be a good pick due to how hard she is to kill during her ultimate and just her heals per second usually.

I usually launch my junk grenades up off walls so I guess I've been doing it wrong lol.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Citing audio as the reason JR is unfun to play against is ridiculous. He's unfun to play against because he takes zero skill to play. As someone on reddit said he's a zero risk all reward hero in his current state. I even have concerns with just adding falloff to conc since there will still be little reason to pick Reaper over Junkrat. His combo of jump in, LMB, shift out to delete 200HPs will still very much exist. This nerf really only makes him worse versus Tracer IMO.

Araxen

I played a couple matches on PTR and she's still good. She can't guarantee a team win now if she Valk's by ressing two people. In a game where just having a man advantage results in a 70% win rate in team fights this is a good change. She can still undo picks though during the feeling out phase of matches so people will still be bitching about her, but during a team fight the Mercy player needs to be smart about throwing herself out there to res somebody, and I think this is what Blizzard is aiming for.

Seagull is to blame for the Mercy nerfs! lol
Seagull = reason for mercy change? - Battle.net

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya the people in that thread got it right, one guy said she fixes tilts, if your team didnt have a mercy and you were losing then someone would definitely say we need a mercy then youd do noticably better. Definitely happened a lot in my games and I was the one switching from moira to mercy to do it. And if you fought against a mercy without your own mercy it was noticable. I mean wtf shes so hard to kill while ulted unless you mcree/soldier. Sometmes I can work her down with moira then she flies off and regens so effing fast. lol

Placed 2700 on my mian account and 2685 on my second, hopin to hit diamond this season /knock on wood

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I mean it kinda makes sense from a personal experience. I haven't played much in the last two seasons but from my experience. Mercy is still relatively safe without insta rez, you're usually pumping out rez's in 4/5man groups. This is from playing w/ my friend around 2-2.5k rating, he always priority rez's me unless the tank is down and 8/10 its happening even if we lost the point and just delaying. At around 3.5k-3.9k, shes still a relatively hard target to execute, not impossible just rough because she will get hit 50% then fly to the top of the map and in a short time she back to 100%.

Not that this is the reason, but it makes sense in my head. From the sounds of it, she still seems solo queue requirement, less, but still a pretty viable -need- rather than -want-

I feel they might want her in a combo, like if she ults and is w/ lucio's beat drop or inside trans. Or any other character ult. /shrug It feels more like its "mercy ults down, go!" rather than "ults up, go!"

Araxen

Even the Pro's have a hard time killing her. Calvin doesn't even bother to try anymore. Seagull had some success the other day, by using godlike Junkrat strats. lol

I got up to 1991 SR tonight and in the match to try to get me into gold I get a Widow who could only manage 4 kills the entire match. He played Hanzo too after being bitched at. So it was 4 kills playing Widow/Hanzo. I don't understand how people like playing so bad. I stopped healing him as Zen and kept my orb on more useful people.

Last edited:

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Even the Pro's have a hard time killing her. Calvin doesn't even bother to try anymore. Seagull had some success the other day, by using godlike Junkrat strats. lol

I got up to 1991 SR tonight and in the match to try to get me into gold I get a Widow who could only manage 4 kills the entire match. He played Hanzo too after being bitched at. So it was 4 kills playing Widow/Hanzo. I don't understand how people like playing so bad. I stopped healing him as Zen and kept my orb on more useful people.

It kills me when people are awful with one sniper only to change to another and be equally as terrible in their performance, I don't understand it either. I guess dying repeatedly while getting zero objective time and having healers abandon you is just some people's idea of a good Friday night.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
This will make her far from total garbage. She actually might be balanced now. Junkrat needs his ultimate charge toned down a little bit and I think he'll be fine.

Mercy doesn't need to be nerfed any more.
We need the other supports to be brought up to her level so they can have as significant of an impact on the game.

This is a game comprised of a cast of heroes, yet there seems to be an intent to continually reduce their power into the least remarkable versions of themselves.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Mercy needs to be nerfed because her kit is unlike anything in the game where you can literally bring back people from the dead on a relatively short CD to completely nullify picks, and can also turn a 'lost' teamfight into a nearly guaranteed win. She's absolutely absurd, and there is such a huge difference in running a team with mercy vs a team without that I don't need any more evidence that people in this game have no clue how to draft and are fucking mouthbreathers who refuse to play to win when people don't run her into another mercy team. Its not 100%, but i'd say its >90% that your team will lose if you dont run mercy against a team that does, but no no feel free to pick moira and ana. Im sure this will work well. So fucking tilting.

You can't 'bring other healers up to her level' because resurrect is a completely broken ability. I've said it all along, resurrect is one of those abilities which is inherently unbalanced in a game which is so dependent on picks and teamfighting when healing output is so high. Its generally a large investment to get a pick with two healers that being able to ressurect as a basic ability (lol), or ressurrect 2 people instantly is just absolutely insane, and you either make it so situational to use that its useless, or you make it good and it becomes game breaking again.

Rez will never be balanced, there is no happy medium, its not a suitable ability for this game and they need to remove it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users