Overwatch

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll post my tag for grouping once I get comfortable playing.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I learned the frustration of Reinhardt
High notes set me up for the fall.
While learning other characters, mainly Soldier and Bastion, chat said we needed a tank, specifically Reinhardt. None wanted to and I was indifferent.
He was key to our victory and fun to play. Three games in a row.
... Then new team. They wouldn't stay with me at all. It was a chore keeping up with them and again they all kept scattering. I could block two max at any one time, which we know is not enough against an organized opponent.
To make it worse, opponent then suited into their own Reinhardt and camped the entrance, so as I made the agonizingly slow stomp back to the area even with boosts, I'd die as soon as I got there. Other guy's charge timing was incredible.
One time I successfully strafe dodged and tried to counter charge, but I lol failed and over shot the edge into a crowded street below and then got ran over by a car.
Timer was pretty much out by then and we lost hard.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Had a match lastnight on Oasis, third round, tied 1:1, our team was at 99% on the capture point but other team took over and was nearing 99%. My buddy's computer freezes, we're 5v6. I 1v1 the enemy reaper (I'm reaper too) near the bouncy elevator, pop up stairs on the elevator, look down see the whole enemy team grouped up. Jumped down, popped my ult killed everyone, took the point and won the game.

Felt great lol.

I prefer orisa, her shields come up faster and she can shoot people. Reinhardt just feels like youre stuck holding a shield but some reins are more aggressive and do well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
tfw you get a legit 5K defending point one on numbani as mccree, but then get a 4k mccree ult at the end that overrides the sicker play at the beginning of the game ;_;

OWL: are they releasing a ton of skins for this or just a few like they show on the main menu screen?

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I dunno, I hope you can spend competitive points to get them. Golden guns are kind of tacky. May as well offer curb feelers for your dva mech as well.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
OWL Skins are going to be able to be bought outright and they should be coming out today. They may fag it up with some sort of "currency" though.

Edit: I was right.
Overwatch League's Nate Nanzer Interview: latest insights | Daily Mail Online
'The skins will cost 100 tokens each,' said Nanzer, 'and the tokens are purchasable in bundles. It works pretty similar to most other games where there are tokens. The more you buy, the biggest discount you get, so the price of the skins can very there.'

I hate buying "points". Just put a dollar tag on the skins!

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think they mentioned that the OWL related stuff would have it's own currency.

I'm curious to see how OWL does, I find the idea of esports league that mirrors the way NA sport leagues operate really interesting.

I wish there was a Canadian based team for me to follow, I enjoyed watching Canada at the World Cup. The players I like/know are spread around a bunch of different teams, so no real affiliation to any particular team at this point which certainly lowers my interest in watching.

Still the concept of the league in intriguing. Not sure Overwatch is popular enough to make it work though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
the fuck... semmler is casting OW now? guess henryG and sadokist kind of killed him and anders csgo duo lol

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
One team one hero for 5 dollars, or one team all heros for 5? Er hell, why don't I just look? It's not like I have a job or something brb

lost

<Bronze Donator>
lol I bought 400 tokens for 20, so got 5 skins with the extra 100 they gave everyone.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I haven't looked, but does a portion of the sale go to the org?

Quite a few esports games do that

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I can't decide what to get with my freebie. Dallas is my closest city and I <3 the team, but I also love so many of the other players. I will pick later

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait until they add player names to the skin, then I can get a Dallas Fuel Hanzo skin that says Seagull on the back. :)

It's honestly hard to really evaluate how much a team skin is worth. It's not just a skin...it's a team brand. It's like any NFL, MLB, NBA branded jersey or t-shirt...you pay far more than it's worth because of the brand. Overwatch team brand is probably not worth much at this point though.

I'm not against spending money on the game, bought a lot of loot boxes, but right now I have no interest in team skins.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Was on a roll today and ended on a loss. We were winning but when it came to defend against payload map the team whipped out bastion and to my renewed surprise my team couldnt kill it. I'd kill mercy and bastion would still kill everyone with anna healing him and reinhardt shielding. Just sucks to be winning then lose to such a gimmick. We had a DVA, roadhog, a junk, reaper moira mercy and couldnt get it done.

I would dive bomb on moira kill the mercy and one other usually. If I didnt kill mercy she'd just res bastion. Its a combo I see a lot and sometimes its orisa and rein shielding bastion and it works, crazily. Not first time I've lost to it.