Overwatch

rad

Lord of Guk
I also look forward to the forthcoming DVA nerfs because she is also completely absurd but seems to have slipped under the radar so far. Oh wait, I guess it'll be 133 days so like the middle of June? Great

tumblr_oa8kwm4LFj1tk7qoro2_500.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
scatter arrow is nowhere near as bad as mercy/junkrat and arguably dva lol

poor guy needs a complete rework if they're touching scattershot though

edit: nice to not see mercy in these aimbotcalvin games lol

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mercy nerf is rough for me as i don't delude myself into thinking i'm anything but one of those so called "one trick" and my SR would not be reflected accurately playing other heroes. I think i'll def go back to trying Moiria ore now but the consensus among the players i play competitive with is they seem to want me to stick with Mercy.

On one hand i feel like Valk was not that broken. There were plenty of ways to counter it i've had enemy soldiers wait and use visor every time ect.. Hell i've even had Junkrat nail me with a mine while flying at full speed in the air or teams "camping the corpse i obviously going to fly into rez.

OTOH it was a true "Game Changer" ability that won my team many a match we would have otherwise lost. Compare that to say Moiria's Ult or the Ults of other supports and i feel it;s now more fairly balanced with these strong but not often "I win" buttons.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Mercy is still good, and amazingly when you're ulting around and freeze in the air to res people you dont die, watched it two comp games tonight im like RES RES and she gets it off then flies off. Fuckin pugs shoot that hoe in the head! I'll still save my deadeye or visor for an ulting mercy cause she still has good hp regen during ult and aoe heal/dmg boost. Moira ult is cool and gets a lot of kills, most people dont line up for the heals when I'm killing people (and vice versa) but I wish I had something like lucio or zen ult instead.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Remember the good old Mercy days where you build ult then hide?
Ahhhhh

• 1Worf

lost

<Bronze Donator>
rofl i remember those days. i didnt mind it, it took skill and hiding lol. valkyrie is just hit Q and win team fight 3 out of 4 times.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
So many Mercy main want that back, the official forums are full of request for Mercy 1.0
yeah lot of post about mercys throwing in games, havent seen this yet but lot of people saying it. bunch of children. like how easy did you have to have it that you now have to act like the world is over..

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
A small sample for sure but played about 10 games tonight. Less Mercy for sure but still played.

The rez meta is gone though, and the games definitly had a slightly different feel to them. I think it will continue to change a bit as people adapt to the no rez meta. The biggest thing is that how engagement starts matter much more as mistake or early picks are not erased anymore.

As I said, small sample but had 2CP where point B didn’t stall as much, since at no point was Mercy able to Valkyrie back in and rez 2 to help her team regain momentum on defense.

Curious to see how it will play out in the long term. Games felt a bit more fun.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So many Mercy main want that back, the official forums are full of request for Mercy 1.0

are mercy mains the SJWs of OW?

You don't see any alpha mccree mains going on the official forums crying they want their mccree 1.0 with no damage falloff, or swole hanzo players crying that they want their original arrow hitbox that domes you even though it hits you in the stomach. SMH mercy mains, SMH.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I feel like the difference is mercy doesnt take any sort of aiming and maybe new players came into how she was and now they feel shes gutted cause they didnt have her prior.

I cant believe how many threads there still are about mercy and people asking what to do now, or claim they're not throwing and people say they are as if shes a terrible healer or something..someone said shes got the worst ult now next to orisa lol!

Last edited:

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd imagine she's still strong at most ranks due to her overall throughput and how powerful healing is in the game at the minute, and she can still undo 'picks' which is incredibly valuable.

Loses a lot of value at higher/pro play because people can actually hit targets and burst down quickly.

I mean orissa ulti with the option to aoe heal instead is still pretty fucking good right?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yep. just lost a game cause the whole time everyones crying about the widow on the other team being too good. she had 60% scoped accuracy in GOLD rank at the end, and 70% win ratio but 30% other heroes. What is the first thing youd do against a widow... get a shield tank? nope not one tank went shield, so I dropped our second healer and went orisa, we improved immensely.

I told our DVA to sit on her, half the time the widow is just picking at us uncontested cause our DVA is fighting someone else. Lost first round, went moira again second round and again had no shield tank. So back to orisa, back to dva not going after the widow, we even had a winston but she was a good grappler.

Makes no sense, last season she had 82% win ratio on widow but only reached 2584 SR high.
EpicKeldeo's Overwatch Profile

only shows her stats from 3 months ago tho but in game yeah 82% win. I've never seen so many people freak out but do nothing but get shot and not counter.

/endrant

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Teams not playing/pushing aggresively is now my most hated thing in this game. We were attacking on numbani, I’m on DVA and trying to get people to push on to the point with me. I make the call I’m diving in, I take out the genii, torb turret, and orisa on my own. We’re up three picks and my team literally wouldn’t move in because they were too busy chasing the other three enemies around the perimeter. Reapawns come back and hold the point. This happened five more times until we eventually lost. Fuck.

• 1Solidarity

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think the type-queue lock is cool like you queue as tank you stay tank, but there are the times when we lose the first round and everyone changes it up, dps go healer or tank and healer or tank go dps etc and it works. Sometimes I'm a better hit scan than the dps even though I went healer, so that situation worries me but hopefully if you queue as something youre somewhat decent, but if they're just stubborn and want to "learn" in competitive then you're fucked in that game with that guy.

And yeah I see a lot of moira one tricks, I mean yeah thats my most played but I'll move it around.

I don’t think queue role would work at all. First do you push the 2-2-2 meta only? There situation where 3 dos is good, or the new quad tanks. Those would not be possible under that system.

I think you gotta think of it less in terms of League's queuing system and hard evident that you're defined.. and more along the lines of loosely but somewhat even of distribution of players. If you queue as tank, it doesn't require you to play tank but you'll go into a game as a tank. From their standpoint it would be like you Queue, Tank/Rein Tank/Rein Tank/Zarya Tank/Hanzo and its like okay 1 anomaly, but you can see out those who do Tank/Hanzo Tank/Soldier Tank/Mercy Tank/Tracer.

It's not nec a one trick fix, but it'll atleast be a somewhat preventive measure to get a solidified game. I can't say I have had many games, but i've been in the game w/ 4 support one trick mains, a game that is all dps mains, and a game w/ 5 tank mains. It's rare but i'd imagine it does happen. You can also use that to document a players choice by saying he is going to do one thing, but is he consistently doing the other thing? It's a kinda passive approach w/o laying the iron law.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Teams not playing/pushing aggresively is now my most hated thing in this game. We were attacking on numbani, I’m on DVA and trying to get people to push on to the point with me. I make the call I’m diving in, I take out the genii, torb turret, and orisa on my own. We’re up three picks and my team literally wouldn’t move in because they were too busy chasing the other three enemies around the perimeter. Reapawns come back and hold the point. This happened five more times until we eventually lost. Fuck.

yep I feel u. u do the work turn around and they're chasing butterflies. Its a good tactic if youre the other team and can distract 2 people while the teams fight. People have to learn to realize when theyre being distracted/baited/wasting time/needed elsewhere. tunnel vision is bad