Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Watching that quad tank/lucio/moira lastnight was fun, I'm sure its gonna get run more and I hear people every game wanting to do it, just makes me nervous cause you need the tanks to stay nearby for healing/speed boost.

DVA ult is so so, I mean its easy to avoid her unless youre stuck out in the open which was your fault anyway you should always be aware of your surroundings and closest place to hide, I sometimes make this mistake when I'm too high lol. But her ult works well against valkyrie sometimes.

cant wait for competitive CTF!!!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah, CTF will be dope. In TF2 I always loved playing Demoman on defense. This could get me to start playing Junk.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude...

I was going to be harsher, but the poster above says you've only been playing a short time, so I'll give a pass.

But yea, don't even talk about DVA ult. It's the weakest most useless garbage ult in the game.

All it is good for is full-healing yourself.

Sure, sometimes you snag a lucky kill, but you never expect it.

Your explanations on all of those Tank hero ults is so flawed and misguided.

I wasn't trying to "explain" those ults so much as illustrate that DVA's is the only one that can be used essentially with zero risk as i see it. But you are correct i am new to game so if you'd like to explain so i can potentially understand better i won't complain. I would much rather learn and get better then just assume i know everything as i am well aware i don't.

I was fighting in a game the other day and we only had to defend this one last push to win, Unfortunately we did shit attacking so they only needed to get on the point for a few seconds for us to lose. The main enemy attack came from the left angle on the first point in "Hollywood". AS soon it began and most of my team reacted DVA tossed her self destruct mech from out of sight of anyone but coming in from the more normal choke point. It landed about 25km away from anyone maybe thinking we would have bastion and Mercy in that corner. Yet it still killed Mercy and Moiria, and knocked bastion to low enough hp meaning we wound up losing.

It's not like this is something i rarely see at my level (Mostly 2000s level players) either. hell it wasn't even aimed remotely well and it still worked in this case. The guy playing Moiria is a GM level (I think 4600 is gm?) support player playing on his alt account btw. Despite that I've seen him die to DVA's ult as much as any other ability at least.

As i hinted by saying i would like her mobility nerfed i think that's the far bigger issue. As it stands it's not like DVA is a gamebreaking hero... but she is very strong and i wouldn't be shocked if she has enormous influence on the meta as long as she is in her current form as the better players exploit that mobility more and more. Somebody else mentioned mobility creep with moiria an it's def true it does seem to be dangerously infesting the game.

Cybsled

I'm pretty sure no one in any great numbers is complaining about Dva out. They actually had to buff it because it took too long to explode and killed dva if she got caught in it. Dva's power is mostly from her mobility.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
lol. Those good old days of Dva ult killing dva. I remember when I first started playing I thought her ult couldn't be blocked by los, and just had to outrun the area of effect.

Good times.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't trying to "explain" those ults so much as illustrate that DVA's is the only one that can be used essentially with zero risk as i see it. But you are correct i am new to game so if you'd like to explain so i can potentially understand better i won't complain. I would much rather learn and get better then just assume i know everything as i am well aware i don't.

Risk has nothing to do with it. None of them have "risk". They are Tanks, if they are doing their job then they're going to be in position to Ult.
You need to measure by effectiveness.

My ratings for most effective ultimates would be:

1) Rein / Zarya
3) Roadhog / Winston
5) Dva/Orisa

Obviously some debate here.
A Rein/Zarya Ult changes around games so much. Basically turning around teamfights or creating team wipes with much more frequency.

Road/Winston ults cause a lot of chaos because of the immobilizing & zoning combination their ults provide, and throwing people into pits of death if on the right map.

DVA/Orisa aren't often the leading cause of a team wipe imo, DVA could get lucky of course. Dva ult is good for zoning, but so are Winston/Hog.

I was fighting in a game the other day and we only had to defend this one last push to win, Unfortunately we did shit attacking so they only needed to get on the point for a few seconds for us to lose. The main enemy attack came from the left angle on the first point in "Hollywood". AS soon it began and most of my team reacted DVA tossed her self destruct mech from out of sight of anyone but coming in from the more normal choke point. It landed about 25km away from anyone maybe thinking we would have bastion and Mercy in that corner. Yet it still killed Mercy and Moiria, and knocked bastion to low enough hp meaning we wound up losing.

It's not like this is something i rarely see at my level (Mostly 2000s level players) either. hell it wasn't even aimed remotely well and it still worked in this case. The guy playing Moiria is a GM level (I think 4600 is gm?) support player playing on his alt account btw. Despite that I've seen him die to DVA's ult as much as any other ability at least.

Single-game examples don't prove anything. Dva can get lucky and catch someone out. But I also wonder if you're playing with sound off or don't know the map? There's plenty of hiding spots on Point A Hollywood and the Audio cues are pretty obvious and give ample time to hide.

Hollywood A has to be the easiest point to avoid DVA ult. You can simply duck behind the car lol. Not counting the multitude of hallways and buildings.

Did the Moira tell you he was GM? Unless he's your friend and you can prove it, then don't believe anyone.

But yes, it's not unfathomable to believe a GM player can be caught by a DVA ult, doesn't mean it's the Ult though, just means the guy either had no escape (odd as Moira) or wasn't paying attention (more common).

As i hinted by saying i would like her mobility nerfed i think that's the far bigger issue. As it stands it's not like DVA is a gamebreaking hero... but she is very strong and i wouldn't be shocked if she has enormous influence on the meta as long as she is in her current form as the better players exploit that mobility more and more.

DVA may be slightly OP but not because of Ult. You might have started playing late, but she use to never have rockets... those added a ton of damage to her kit. She can now zoom at squishies risk-free and blast them with rockets.

Somebody else mentioned mobility creep with moiria an it's def true it does seem to be dangerously infesting the game.

We have some original heroes that all have insane mobility. Tracer. Genji. & Winston.
And you have pseudo-insane mobility with Junkrat, Widowmaker, Pharah, Mercy
I think the complaint with Moira is that it's dangerous putting mobility on a healer, but we already have Lucio / Mercy

Like I said a few posts earlier, I don't see huge issues right now with any particular hero.
They seem to want do passes on heroes not seeing competitive play. Personally, it would go a long ways just fixing some bugs (ults disappearing on death & Line of Sight issues mainly.)

Needless

Toe Sucker
wheres them lingling skins, i wanna see how fuckin OD a white tiger genji looks

edit: shittttt, that genji skin is 2 sick

Last edited:

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Not a massive fan of these. Mercy and Widow the best imo. Some good stuff from last year in this event to still get though.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Genji, Widow and Zarya seem great, possibly each my new favorite for those heroes.

McCree skin is humorous

lost

<Bronze Donator>
CTF is interesting lol still figuring out which abilities u can use as carrier.. if ur lcuio carrying flag u cant speed boost but u can boost carriers, but u can wall ride for sure which speeds u up

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Widow looks like a trap in her new skin. Widow's SC skin is way better. Mercy and Genji's are the best ones.

Edit: Roadhog + Lucio is the Comp CTF Meta, well I would think with the changes they made to it.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah seems stupid, basically cant block his ult now everyones fucked less you flashbang charge sleep etc

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Still enough counters imo. Matrix still negates it. But now Reaper is a viable option to break up a shield stack

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Patch Notes:

HW417bS.jpg

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
CTF is a hilarious clusterfuck right now. I don't really understand the rules, But i am really enjoying the chances to effectively "duel" 1v1s that seem to spring up a decent amount in the new map.

First game me and a fried playing DVA kill all the defenders near flag he grabs it, promptly uses boosters and so drops it, since i'm tailing him i try to pick it up. I did but somehow while frantically trying to do so i hit valk and drop it again. About 20 seconds later consisting of us defending the dropped flag our genji takes it and almost makes it back before i'm guessing using his movement ability and dropping it yet again.

Seems Lucio's speed boost does work, although i' am not 100% sure as i was just healing the dude with the flag in this scenario.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The way I understand the Reaper change is that right now he targets the barrier during Death Blossom. Shooting it once every tick. With the change he'll shoot it once for every hero behind the barrier each tick, destroying the barrier faster the more people behind it. The barrier will still absorb a lot of the damage.

Probably a change to help deal with the quad tank meta. :)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The way I understand the Reaper change is that right now he targets the barrier during Death Blossom. Shooting it once every tick. With the change he'll shoot it once for every hero behind the barrier each tick, destroying the barrier faster the more people behind it. The barrier will still absorb a lot of the damage.

Probably a change to help deal with the quad tank meta. :)

Kinda makes sense... though I liked thinking it ignores barriers even better.

But yea... Reaper is supposed to be a tank buster, this will help.