Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Wanted to hit master in 6v6 comp but man you get stuck with people in placements and they suck =p

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Some of the Symmetra changes seem to be made to counter dive. The ability to put the teleport 25 meters away will allow her to put it on high ground and have the group teleport there. Making it easier for non-dive character to reach some high ground.

I like the changes, seems like she might be fun and useful to play.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a feeling brigette is going to ruin the game.

Don't get me wrong, she is super fun to play, but she is so anti-fun to play against its unreal. Obnoxious stun, one hits squishies, displacement abilities, shield, can actually do a lot of dps just swinging her noskill flail to run over teams.

I forsee triple tank + brigette gonna be new meta, and it feels so deathbally and unskilled to play against :/

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I have a feeling brigette is going to ruin the game.

Don't get me wrong, she is super fun to play, but she is so anti-fun to play against its unreal. Obnoxious stun, one hits squishies, displacement abilities, shield, can actually do a lot of dps just swinging her noskill flail to run over teams.

I forsee triple tank + brigette gonna be new meta, and it feels so deathbally and unskilled to play against :/

It's possible, I get the feeling they are just so tired of dive being so dominant on almost every map, offense and defense that they will do anything to try and reduce it, and then adjust if they overdid it. Dive has been the dominant strategy now for close to a year if not more, with nothing to challenge it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I was trying to teach my son about the importance of strafing.

He said "why? I just hide and shoot them"

Lawl. Those poor unloved A and D keys.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Friday night's matches one or more of the observers had their stereo backwards. That was super confusing.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Brigitte meta starts tonight and I'm not looking forward to it. I'm going to wait till Wednesday at least to do my placements. I'm going to watch some T500 streamers tonight and see how it all shakes out at the top ends of the ladder. At the low elo's Cancer comp is going to suck even more.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
7-3 for 2595SR which is nice since I ended the season at 2505, so a 90pts increase.

I went 7-2 with Brigitte, lost the 1 game I couldn't get her.

Overall quite happy with how it went.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
4-0-1 so far. played brigitte one match and it went well. Swept 3-0 and had gold heals at 8k, a little under 6k dmg.

If you don't focus her down or have a phara or junk keep her occupied, she can be a real pain in the ass.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
do you think she's viable on stuff like 2 cp defense or maybe defense in general?

In plat, she’s viable pretty much all the time to be honestly. The level of coordination isn’t great at this rank and that usually favours her as she is one of the best duelist in the game.

She does great on most 2cp map, and control as the fights there usually happen in tight areas where she is very strong. She doesn’t do as great in large open area though.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
gotta say, when you're fucking around in lower ranks and there's a smurf genji that would normally be carrying the entire team and he just gets insta deleted now, feelsgoodman

there's no way she won't be nerfed though

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
gotta say, when you're fucking around in lower ranks and there's a smurf genji that would normally be carrying the entire team and he just gets insta deleted now, feelsgoodman

there's no way she won't be nerfed though

Probably at some point, but I doubt they'll do in the short term. They want to stop dive domination the meta like it has for the past year more than anything else, even if it means a somewhat OP hero.

They are going to wait and see what impact she has on the meta, especially in OWL. OWL is 90% dive on offense and defense. The fan hate it, the players hate it and Blizzard hates it. If she does diversify the meta, she won't be nerfed unless she becomes a must pick which I doubt she will.

They'll most likely wait until there a few more heroes that support different strategy than dive, or that counter it and that nerfing Brigitte won't bring back dive.

That is obviously all depending on if she actually has an impact on the meta.

I don't care to be honest, I like her, but I like plenty of other characters. I tend to switch mains every season or 2. :)

Needless

Toe Sucker
her drain straight up needs a damage falloff, max length should do like half damage/half heal. Keep it so it still generates the same amount of heal juice though.
or straight up reduce the damage in half and make it generate 2x the heal juice so it's still equal to what it is

no support needs the self sustain AND damage she has lol
it's impressive she hasn't been nerfed in the 6+ months she's been out

also, those hanzo changes actually look fun, but OP as shit. I'd be surprised if they don't cut it from 6(?) shots to like 3 max before the actual release

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only thing that needs nerfed is the stun needs about +3 seconds CD. Maybe increase time between swings.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
yeah did placements and brigette is a beast that i need to learn. so annoying to play against. gonna do straight her on my smurf placements.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
3 support one being Brigette seems they best way to go at the moment, one tank one junk/phara.

I just going to try and stick to Mercy this season got 7-3 in the placements, the difference between a good and bad Brigette is obvious though, seen teams trying to run a Brig/Zen or Lucio comp that is just never going to be enough healing and they duly get stompped I then swap from DPS to Mercy and we role the points I think 2/2/2 days are over until they nerf Brig.

Had head in hands moment last night as well, on Router 66 just on the roof at the 2nd point, we wiped so me and sombra just waiting on the roof, enmey mercy comes up and I just power beam the Sombra for a good 20 seconds he never hit the mercy once mercy worked out she could stand still and sombra would not hit her so we eneded up having a pistol war while the sombra continued to miss which I lost

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
After playing some more Brigitte I am now 11-6-2 with her.

63% win rate which is pretty after 20 games or so.

I think she will change the meta a bit, seeing tons more of Zarya now, her right click splash damage isn't blocked by Brigitte shield like Junkrat and Pharah splash damage. Also her bubbles prevents the shield bash on herself and allies. She's a pretty good counter to Brigitte.

I'm also starting to see her a bit less already, she's not in every game on both sides. I already started flexing out of just playing her, mostly to Zen when there's a Pharah since for one thing she struggles against Pharah, and DPS have such trouble taking out a Pharah still in plat, discord helps a lot for that.

I think it will take a while for her to really find where she fits in. Some people think she's an off-tank, others think she's an off-healer. It leads to really strange comps right now.

She's not a main healer, but people underestimate her healing. I was on Brigitte in a game with an Ana, and one of the tank switch to Lucio saying with needed a second healer because Brigitte healing sucked and she's an off-tank not a support. That was on Gibraltar which is not one of Brigitte best map, lots of verticality and open space...yet I ended the match with Gold healing.

I still think she works best on a 2-2-2 setup with Mercy or Moira as second support, at this rank anyhow. The 3 support thing hasn't been a huge success so far for me, too little damage and we struggle to kill the other team.

I think it will be while before we see the meta settle and for Brigitte to really find her place.

She's so much fun to play though.

On King's Row at the first corner just past the 2nd point, there is a small hole where you can boop people. There was the defending Rein with his shield up standing at the corner...I shield bashed him and then mace to the faced him into the hole. I can only imagine his frustration. :)

Oh and Retribution event is over and I forgot to buy Reaper's Soldier 24 skin. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I tried to kill her with reaper or soldier but she's so in your face + shield it's ridiculous. Felt like a big disadvantage being a healer flex and not knowing her, shouldnt take long though. One hilarious match up I saw was on 6v6 comp and it was a pharah left vs a rein/brigette rofl, double shields and she kept flailing into the air to hit the pharah.

Needless

Toe Sucker
weren't people saying she was dog shit when she came out lol

she seems like a lot of fun to play though, something about shield bashing a dude and booping kids is a lot of fun. I've only played her like twice though