Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The game is still conspiring against me reaching Diamond, I keep reaching 2980 or so before I start losing again. I think I've been at 1 game from Diamond at least 10 times this week.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
between buy ins being so huuuuge and player salaries, accommodation, operating costs etc i have no idea how any team expects to turn a profit in a timely manner, or at the very least it seems to be a massive investment into something unproven and which is notorious for being flakey.

Kudos to blizzard for actually getting teams buy into it

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All the team owners are looking at the teams being long term investments, but Overwatch isn't a long term game. It'll be around in a few years still, but it won't hold its player base like CSGO, LOL, or DOTA2 has. The game is too casual and when you play it IRL the experience isn't even close to what you see in OWL.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I hate it when I don't follow my own advice. I always say to stop after 2 loss in a row to avoid big losing streaks. I didn't do it last night and went on 6 games losing streak and lost about 120SR, Diamond looks so far now. :(

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i saw today that the next OWL league season (or whatever it they are) will be on the old patch yet again.

Aside from the whole presentation issue (All FPS have a issue of this, but a 6v6 fast paced team FPS is even worse as even the most dedicated fans and announcers often don't know exactly whats happening during the critical moments of the game) The whole placed on old patch thing was the biggest reason i don't watch much. Now it's going to be even worse as the OWL will be played on a patch thats months out of date.

Really disappointed with this. They should NEVER be playing on old patches anyways as i see it. I don't care if the players don't have time to practice.. They are professionals and the competitive environment would still be even as everyone is still playing on the same patch either way... If anything it would make the games far more interesting to watch as you would inevitably have less dull miorror matches, the same teams on the same maps ect.. in general more spontaneity.

For a league that initially said they wanted to e more then a generic esport that brings in more then the core audience they often really don't act like it. This should be a super easy decision. What is more interesting for the viewers? Obviously the answer is just always playing on the current live patch..

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
i agree in principle

in practice hanzo 2.0 is fucking awful to play against, and im assuming watching other teams just protect him while he carries the game by himself. im happy he isn't in

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
xQc got swatted during his stream, luckily nothing happened and he's ok. They'll hopefully find the one who did it, and he gets punished. That shit is dangerous and can turn ugly, someone died from this.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I mean SWATing needs to be punishable as much as manslaughter or something like that. Like you said that shit is dangerous as fuck. Nothing funny about it either. Wouldn't wish it upon the worst streamer.

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Some news about the Symmetra rework.

Her turrets which are now deployable at a distance are now projectiles and can be destroyed while they are traveling.

The really fun part now though is that her teleport is an "E" ability where you deploy 2 teleports, and can be place at a distance. The new info is that they work both ways.

One example was to put one at a distance and one in a Zarya's grav. and people can teleport out of the grav. :)

Another example is to have her babysit the support, and put a teleport near them when they are dived on, and they can escape, and then enter it again at the other end to come back in the action.

Sounds like she'll introduce some interesting new tactics.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sado looked really good in his game against Boston. I think the Fusion are going to be very tough to beat - Fragi was definitely their weak link and Sado is a fucking stud.

I also just read on Reddit that although he's an OWL level tank, he also had a tracer only account that hit 4700 in Korea. Hooollly shit.

Cybsled

Doomfist skin is pretty nice, although I can't play that hero for shit. That would look pretty awesome with a golden fist.

DonBenno

Molten Core Raider
My free anniversary loot box :D
1527008381440.png

ex-genj

Golden Squire
:emoji_thumbsup:

been playing a decent amount of 'fist. He's solid on payload attack and KOTH nowadays just have to be hyper conscious of your team as he's an enormous target. Good brigette pack target for sure.