Overwatch

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I still have chat on, but I mute people pretty quickly. I still like to be able to hear calls and stuff. I don't talk much anymore, aside from a few calls here and there. I'm not sure if I am playing the same game most of you are, maybe it has to do with hours or something but I honestly don't have many toxic games anymore.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So my day today is 6 horrible losing backfills followed by 4 assault maps (which I immediately leave because they are terrible).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I don't find it to be terribly toxic but I usually play late night west coast hours. I also only play with RL friends so like half the people on the team are in DC together.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well last night went badly, I killed my entire team and lost us the game. :(

So we're on Numbani defense after our attack pushed the payload to just a little after the tunnel near the 3rd point. We're fighting in the tunnel, I'm on Roadhog, and I throw my hook toward D'va...at the exact same moment she drops her D'va bomb, she doesn't throw it, just does it in place...

At that very moment, time slowed down to a crawl as I realized that my hook is heading torward the D'va bomb, I'm praying(and I'm an Atheist) that I'm going to miss...but in this slow motion moment, I can clearly see that my hook will connect. I have time to see the Reinhardt put up his shield between the D'va bomb and the group, and I see my teamates slowly moving to find cover behind the shield. I slowly realize in horror that I'm going to kill my entire team, and then the hook starts to pull the D'va bomb toward me, I start laughing like a maniac...then time starts moving at normal speed again, and all I can do is Take a Breather and watch my team die, all of them except me.

I died shortly after, and they reach the point where we push the payload on our attack and we lose the match.

In some strange ways...it was an absolutely glorious ending. It will most likely remain one of my best memory of playing Overwatch. :)

There might have been some toxicity directed at me after the play, even though I tried to apologize.

Of course, it had to be the PotG(for D'va's point of view obviously), so I could see it again in all of it's glory. :)

It's not the first time I accidentally hook a D'va bomb, but it was definitely the one with the best(worse) result ever by far.

Should have stuck to GW2. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
My goal when getting stuck by Tracer is to see how many of my team I can kill. It’s like a mini game within the game...withinception.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Community in this game really is just awful. Previous to this i only played casual console online stuff and EVE, which has a very diff player base then most games. So i dunno if it's just this game or modern online games in general are like this.

Obviously you will usually have good people (when they talk at all). Yet the amount of instalock DPS, Torbjorn, Symmettra ect.. in comp is nuts. I always crack up when you get like 4 dps + a DVA before i have even selected a character. Then i say we need a second healer and a shield tank, inevitably someone says that Soldier/Roadhog/Reaper can heal/self heals so it's totally not necessary.

Logically you would think these really awful players would drop rank so fast they would eventually disappear. yet they never go away it feels like.

Even when you have a decent team comp you often get very dumb/toxic players. I had a game yesterday, Was Blizzard World and on our first push we took the point, as our point is about to tick off (we only started fighting them like 30 secs ago at most) One guy starts bitching at our Zen for only being 38% to ult. I point out that she got killed by tracer and by the time she got back we basically had the point, plus it's only the first push and it's a bit silly to base your opinions of someone off so little info. But nope, this guy is going nuts about this and they keep bitching at each other till one leaves voice.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The Community in this game really is just awful. Previous to this i only played casual console online stuff and EVE, which has a very diff player base then most games. So i dunno if it's just this game or modern online games in general are like this.

Obviously you will usually have good people (when they talk at all). Yet the amount of instalock DPS, Torbjorn, Symmettra ect.. in comp is nuts. I always crack up when you get like 4 dps + a DVA before i have even selected a character. Then i say we need a second healer and a shield tank, inevitably someone says that Soldier/Roadhog/Reaper can heal/self heals so it's totally not necessary.

Logically you would think these really awful players would drop rank so fast they would eventually disappear. yet they never go away it feels like.

Even when you have a decent team comp you often get very dumb/toxic players. I had a game yesterday, Was Blizzard World and on our first push we took the point, as our point is about to tick off (we only started fighting them like 30 secs ago at most) One guy starts bitching at our Zen for only being 38% to ult. I point out that she got killed by tracer and by the time she got back we basically had the point, plus it's only the first push and it's a bit silly to base your opinions of someone off so little info. But nope, this guy is going nuts about this and they keep bitching at each other till one leaves voice.

You still silver/gold or did you make plat+ yet?

Stop focusing on other people and just learn to carry.
You'll win a lot more if you stop relying on the perfect players & team comp.

I just mute everyone and always go MY main champions. If we have no healer than fuck it, pull up your big-boy pants and carry the shit. If you cant then too bad, better luck next time.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Was funny I had not played overwatch in a while went to my go to symmetra and I am like okay wtf I have no idea what any of this does

She's crazy on attack now, can basically have the entire team charge through her teleporter and overwhelm the opposition. Even if some people don't go through the teleporter, it results in an often devastating pincer attack the defense has a difficult time holding back.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
You still silver/gold or did you make plat+ yet?

Stop focusing on other people and just learn to carry.
You'll win a lot more if you stop relying on the perfect players & team comp.

I just mute everyone and always go MY main champions. If we have no healer than fuck it, pull up your big-boy pants and carry the shit. If you cant then too bad, better luck next time.

You are missing the point, i'm not claiming it's not "fair" because everyone should know these things cut both ways.

Just that a decent chunk of the population not really playing comp like a team game makes it far less enjoyable.

I like to talk because i always like to be social playing games. More importantly i just find it far more enjoyable. But i don't really mind if you don't as it's not hurting the team or making the game less enjoyable.

it's simply the people who borderline sabotage the team, or act like assholes like that guy i mentioned yelling at Zen for no reason. We won that game super easy but although me and him played really well together, he was ana and i was playing Rien, and had similar thoughts on positioning, tactics ect.. guys like that make it far less enjoyable then it could be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You are missing the point, i'm not claiming it's not "fair" because everyone should know these things cut both ways.

Just that a decent chunk of the population not really playing comp like a team game makes it far less enjoyable.

I like to talk because i always like to be social playing games. More importantly i just find it far more enjoyable. But i don't really mind if you don't as it's not hurting the team or making the game less enjoyable.

it's simply the people who borderline sabotage the team, or act like assholes like that guy i mentioned yelling at Zen for no reason. We won that game super easy but although me and him played really well together, he was ana and i was playing Rien, and had similar thoughts on positioning, tactics ect.. guys like that make it far less enjoyable then it could be.

Oh for sure, raging is stupid and will lose games more often than not.
You're preaching to the choir though, it's been this way forever and will never change.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As soon as you hear someone start bitching about someone, especially your healers, I put them on mute. It's not worth the aggravation. I always make sure at the end of the match to type something how good my teams healers were. The complainer is at the same elo as everyone else on the team so their shit stinks just as much as the person they are yelling at.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
She's crazy on attack now, can basically have the entire team charge through her teleporter and overwhelm the opposition. Even if some people don't go through the teleporter, it results in an often devastating pincer attack the defense has a difficult time holding back.

Haha you can once you get used to how to use them. I could not figure out why it kept shitting out two teleporters right next to me.

• 1Like

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Haha you can once you get used to how to use them. I could not figure out why it kept shitting out two teleporters right next to me.

Yeah, the way the teleporter gets placed and deployed is so finicky, it's just like Reaper's shadow step and it's not uncommon to unintentionally try to place it on a ledge and end up putting it on the same horizontal plane you're on, sometimes right in front of you.

One of the most satisfying things to do though is pulling off a deployment mid-combat and then "dancing" between the two pads. It seems to short circuit most people's brains since it's difficult to keep track of where the Sym actually is and by the time they target her she can pop back to the other pad. Alternatively, if they prioritize destroying one of the pads, the Sym can sometimes take advantage of that and use the time to get free damage off. It gets even more tricky if she deploys a turret through the portal.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that and with the prior way of doing teleporters you aimed them where you wanted the outlet and the other side was always in your base. So I kept aiming like I used to and it would just shit out two I could not tell if it was bugged or what was going on.

• 1Worf