Overwatch

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So one thing that really stood out using the client viewer thingy... Dva talks waaaaaaaaaaaay too much.

Cybsled

From the Blizzcon VA panel. Most of your standard stuff (say the lines), but my mind was blown when they got to Hammond/Wrecking Ball (actually 2 VA).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
From the Blizzcon VA panel. Most of your standard stuff (say the lines), but my mind was blown when they got to Hammond/Wrecking Ball (actually 2 VA).

Some youtuber ran into a player named Junkrat playing as Junkrat.....who sounded exactly like Junkrat.

They thought it was a soundboard till he started talking shit and swearing and calling one of them by their name "Wigglebottom".

He even got pog.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ashe was put on PTR today and you'll definitely know when you have a suck ass one on your team. lol

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I tried her for about 2 hours yesterday.

She's not for me, I do not have the mechanical skills to play a character that require aiming like her. I do fine with the primary fire, but I'm terrible when scoping. :)

Only played "No Limits" so for the most part it was 6 Ashe vs 6 Ashe, definitely not the best way to evaluate a character.

That said, she's extremely fun to play which isn't too surprising since they have done a good job so far on that aspect.

Her gun has a real nice feel to it, both the primary fire or while scoping and alternating between the 2 modes. The interesting mechanic about it is the way it reloads. The gun has 12 ammo. Reloading from 0 to 12 is extremely long as she puts in 1 ammo at a time. The interesting thing is that it can be interrupted at any point and you can shoot. So if you're empty and 1 shot from killing someone, just shoot after she reloads 1 ammo. It gives her a little tactical aspect on how and when to reload.

Her coach gun, that is probably what will define her really. It pushes a target away from her, and herself backward making it fairly easy for her to disengage. It can also be used to "rocket jump" and it allows you to jump quite high, giving her some serious mobility.

The dynamite is nice and decent amount of damage over time, it's not too hard to hit it while in the air either even for someone with terrible aim like me. It has a fairly large hitbox. If you don't shoot it and it lands on the ground it takes 1 or 2 seconds before detonating giving time to people to move away from it. Shooting it is definitely the way to make the most of it. Getting a health pack stops the dot I believe.

BOB is super cool, but I have no idea how good he'll be. In no limits with 6 Ashe on the other side, he's vastly OP, but against a real team, I don't know. I have a feeling he'll be situational going from somewhat OP, to totally useless. For all intent and purpose he's a turret that runs toward a target and throws them into the air(fairly high btw) then becomes immobile and shoots people.

My initial feeling is she's a jack of all trades, master of none type of hero. Not as good as Widow when scoping, not as good as McCree, Soldier or Reaper with primary fire. She has good mobility but does match Genji, Tracer, or Hanzo. She has some area of denial abilities like the Dynamite and Bob, but not as good as Junkrat, Mei, Torb or Sym.

She's very versatile, but I'm not sure how viable that is in Overwatch. Most comp usually favor very specific role, especially at high end...like in OWL. She's cute, super fun and versatile so I expect her to have a really high pick rate in competitive and I don't think she'll considered a troll pick.

I can't wait to see the pros play her in a competitive environment, I think she'll be super fun to watch.

Araxen

From one of the Dev talks at Blizzon, they said they are trying to work on CTF more so it can be included as a mode in QP and Comp. I like playing the current incarnation of CTF because there is a pretty different meta from the other modes. Heroes are viable in that mode where they aren't in others. Mei, for example, is really good in CTF and can make or beak flag captures. I bet the new Torb is even better now in CTF.

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If the opposing team isn't running both Torb and Symmetra in the flag room I get on Genji.

Double jump and wall climb while holding the flag is kinda broken.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
So on saturday I did my placement games and a few extra comp games with Torb.

Ended up 9-4 for the day with a 70% win rate. Swapped off a few times for Dva to deal with widow or Moira when healing was low.

Got reported multiple times by idiot children because I was playing torb. That night I got an email from blizzard saying my account was silenced for a week due to abusive chat. I contacted support and asked them to please pull every/any report for abusive chat and they will find no instances of profanity or personal attacks ever.

Gm response email just now shows they found no usage of cursing/profanity or direct personal attacks but the muting is still upheld because people said they were "offended" by my tone on saturday.

So yeah I got penalized for playing Torb.

• 1Worf

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got that junkrat voice actor playing junkrat named Junkrat in a comp game one time. He fucking sucked and go figure wouldn’t swap against a DVA, Zarya, and Pharah on the other team. I think our other dps was a symmetra (before the most current changes to her). I’m stil bitter about it :)

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So on saturday I did my placement games and a few extra comp games with Torb.

Ended up 9-4 for the day with a 70% win rate. Swapped off a few times for Dva to deal with widow or Moira when healing was low.

Got reported multiple times by idiot children because I was playing torb. That night I got an email from blizzard saying my account was silenced for a week due to abusive chat. I contacted support and asked them to please pull every/any report for abusive chat and they will find no instances of profanity or personal attacks ever.

Gm response email just now shows they found no usage of cursing/profanity or direct personal attacks but the muting is still upheld because people said they were "offended" by my tone on saturday.

So yeah I got penalized for playing Torb.

Sounda about right.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Torb is pretty good now but i've had a few placement matches where the torb guy wouldnt swap against widow and pharah, couldnt keep his turret up, then blamed the rest of us at the end of the match. gameplay sabotage imo.

that is odd they would uphold it after determining it wasnt necessary. i also had a lot of throwers turn to torb as well, plenty of stigma there.

TBH i enjoy playing him now after the changes but part of me feels the stigma and would rather pick a diff dps. lol. safe to say ive never gotten an email, suspension nor silence.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I will copy pasta the lovely response:

Hello there,

My name is Game Master Mirdrellos and thanks so much for your time. I just got your contact and understand that while you've been careful not to swear or use curse words, you've found your account silenced again and not sure why it is warranted.

I definitely understand the confusion if swearing or cursing is the only behavior that has changed in your chat with other players. I have reviewed the chat and the silence will be upheld. Please understand that Cursing is not alone what will silence an account. This is our Code of Conduct: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

'You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. '

Regardless of language used. This can be anywhere from antagonizing your teammates - mocking them - telling everyone they are bad(in various ways). If you wish to let your team how they can do better, provide tips and be encouraging to them. Telling someone that keeps dying that they are bad just makes them feel bad. A person they don't know telling them they are bad is not going to help them improve their gameplay.

Please try to reexamine how you communicate with your teammates and try to be as helpful as you can. Take care.

If you continue to experience issues, you can reopen this ticket. If you have a new or separate issue, please submit a new ticket.

Make sure you complete our survey to let us know how we did.

Regards,
Blizzard Support

So the only thing I can remember was during a match when people were demanding I swap off torb to a different dps I told them I'm carrying their garbage can 3 stack. So offensive! So basically when reporting anything for any reason just put in you were offended and it will stick.

Also the bit about my account being silenced "again" is incorrect. Never had a silencing/muting before.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"If you wish to let your team how they can do better, provide tips and be encouraging to them. Telling someone that keeps dying that they are bad just makes them feel bad. A person they don't know telling them they are bad is not going to help them improve their gameplay. "

Seems like you can turn this logic around on them and ask for logs indicating where said harassment took place so you can improve yourself in the future. Also be sure to post logs here so we can also judge you.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Some youtuber ran into a player named Junkrat playing as Junkrat.....who sounded exactly like Junkrat.

They thought it was a soundboard till he started talking shit and swearing and calling one of them by their name "Wigglebottom".

He even got pog.

matt mercer plays pretty often and he'll do the voice of macree and freak everyone out. he'll start saying "it's high noon" when there's no macree in the game and people get really concerned

• 1Worf

khorum

Murder Apologist
matt mercer plays pretty often and he'll do the voice of macree and freak everyone out. he'll start saying "it's high noon" when there's no macree in the game and people get really concerned
I googled that and found this lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Araxen

From the few matches I've played on PTR. Roadhog seems a ton better with the buffs they made to him. He can get kills more consistently once again versus on live where it is very inconsistent to get kills when you hook someone. Nothing is more frustrating than to land a hook on Tracer and she then recall's away. That should rarely happen anymore after the changes.

He should hopefully be worth playing again.