Overwatch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

If I place in a rank, I usually don't play much that season. That way, I just replace in the same rank next season vs. having to fight up to a new rank.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
ya i did some placements lastnight and had bunch of idiots. doomfists and wrecking balls. insane widows on enemy team that our stupid doomfist and wrecking ball couldnt kill.. the times i decide to just go healer and be lazy then i get shit dps. placed 2650 on my alt account, my main that im doin placements on was 2780 last season lol but who knows. i like mcree and soldier but i feel like i need to play flankier characters anymore with all the double shield bastions or snipers

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I need to get out of plat and solidly into diamond to be able to keep grouping with my son, which I don't think is ever going to happen, sometimes the grouping with friends seems overly restrictive on the high end. We can still QP but that's not exactly the same. Time to make the kid rank me up to masters :)

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On Friday night, a buddy and I were playing Drunkwatch. We joined team voice and convinced the team to play GOATS in QP. The next couple matches were way too easy because of it. Drunk GOATS = easy wins. lol

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
McCree just shreds tanks since they buffed fan. If I'm on Winston and a McCree catches me, I'm just instafucked.

Soooo ... I play a lot of McCree now

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – January 7, 2019
A new Overwatch patch is currently in development and now available for testing. To share your feedback or report and issue, please post in the PTR Feedback 10 or PTR Bug Report 1 forums.

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

HERO UPDATES
General

• Damage reduction from armor reduced from -5 to -3
Developer Comments: Before this change armor reduced all incoming damage by up to 5, maxing at half of the normal amount. This change reduces the damage reduction to 3, while still capping at half. This change will be mostly noticeable on heroes that fire quickly or in a burst of shots (such as shotguns), and which do more than 6 damage per shot. For example, Soldier: 76’s Heavy Pulse Rifle will now do 16 damage per shot to armor, up from 14, an increase of 15%. Armor was a bit too strong overall, especially when being healed quickly and often. This change will help more heroes fight against higher armored enemies.

Brigitte

• Rally
    • Now has a maximum duration of 30 seconds
Developer Comments: Sometimes Rally could cause a snowballing effect where it was too difficult to deal with the increased health of Brigitte’s allies before she built up another one. This change puts a cap on how long her Rally effect can last to make it a bit more manageable in those situations.

D.Va

• Defense Matrix
    • Cooldown increased from 1 second to 2 seconds
Developer Comments: This change allows D.Va’s enemies to try to play around her Defense Matrix by increasing its downtime between uses.

Reaper

• The Reaping
    • Life steal increased from 30% to 50% of damage dealt
Developer Comments: Reaper’s passive is one of the main tools he has which allow him to play aggressively when near his enemies. This change allows him to keep the pressure up as long as he can stay near his enemies enough to keep dealing damage. This change is particularly effective versus tanks, as they tend to do less damage than damage heroes, and also take more damage from his Hellfire Shotguns due to their larger hit volumes.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
This is a pretty significant buff to reaper, maybe taking it a little too far. This seems like a pretty clear swipe at GOATS, will see how this goes but on paper I like these changes

Araxen

Rally should have never been a permanent shield buff. It should have always fallen off after awhile. It was so advantageous to use it out of teams fight. The D'Va change might be huge.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
nice time to play reaper and mcree. i always feel to fragile on mcree tho, yeah he hurts but hes a glass cannon. whenever im on zenyatta i always pocket mcree or genji. cant believe nerfing brig again lol. i still do pretty well on her though, just run for the healers and smack them around.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Rally should have never been a permanent shield buff. It should have always fallen off after awhile. It was so advantageous to use it out of teams fight. The D'Va change might be huge.

I never really understood why Rally didn't just work like Lucios ult tbh. Even if it was extended longer (given that it's armor?)

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
These are changes that look pretty significant, and all of them aimed at countering GOATS.

Reaper is going to be annoying as hell now, probably going to be one of the best 1v1 in the game now.

I don't think the nerf to defense matrix is enough. It's a step but won't be enough. I think what defense matrix needs is a nerf in range it's 15 meters now, should be around to around maybe 10meters max. And they should remove some stuff it absorbs, way too many thing are negated by defense matrix.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Shit I was wondering why Reaper was taking me out today so easily. Usually I can deal with them as torb when I pop armor boost but reapers were just dominating me today. That and armor changes.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
two nights ago my team is like oh shit theyre running goats how do we counter it? i go reaper. they all laughed at me, im like what? they have a hog and are mostly tanky. their solution? double shield bastion. it worked but i still say reaper is part of the solution.

Araxen

These are changes that look pretty significant, and all of them aimed at countering GOATS.

Reaper is going to be annoying as hell now, probably going to be one of the best 1v1 in the game now.

I don't think the nerf to defense matrix is enough. It's a step but won't be enough. I think what defense matrix needs is a nerf in range it's 15 meters now, should be around to around maybe 10meters max. And they should remove some stuff it absorbs, way too many thing are negated by defense matrix.

I agree about DM. The good players especially OWL level players will easily be able to manage a 2 second cooldown on it. II think they need to add a wind up to it. Start with .25 seconds and go from there. Maybe nerf the range on it too a little. It's way too trivial to eat Ultimates with it and that shouldn't be the case. It should be primarily used to eat normal abilities not Ultimates.

Last edited: