Overwatch

lost

<Bronze Donator>
hell for those professionals it should be worse cause its basically a job for them, an easy one probably, to boost people.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
hell for those professionals it should be worse cause its basically a job for them, an easy one probably, to boost people.

Yup, it should be much more stricter for them. They set an example for the rest of the community and player base.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
"Suspended three games for selling an account and obstructing league office investigation. (Note: an earlier version of this post mischaracterized the specific infraction.) "

What would happen to a normal player for this? 3 games... wow

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So I just queue for 3 games, fail to join, and then move on? (Yes, I know this means tournament games, huurrrr durrr)

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Received DVa/ Rein lego set yesterday from Walmart canada for child while the watchpoint Gibraltar set from Lego.com will be shipped early January ...

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think OW is natively more toxic than a lot of other games. It can be extremely tilting losing SR in ways that feel completely out of your control. Every few games, you'll run into someone on a terrible losing streak that's tilting out of their minds, causing them to gyser toxicity.

I find this especially bad in gold and plat, where the players don't totally grasp the game and start ripping on others for game play/ hero selections that are totally fine.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
All MOBAs are toxic. Your success is dependant on your teammates but there is no mechanic in place to prevent or punish people or being bad actors.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Your success is dependant on your teammates but there is no mechanic in place to prevent or punish people or being bad actors.

This is pretty true of any team based game these days. It's why team stacking gets so stupid in shooters too.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I like playing Ashe, my aim sucks, but even I get to line a few shots once in a while :)

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Insane game with Seagull, Harbleu, Redhell,Taimou, and Emong playing together.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Child got the D.Va/Rein and the Tracer/Widow Lego set. I'm gonna admit the quality is quite impressive.
20181224_210322_noexif.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I finally figured out Ashe's ADS target is higher than where the actual round lands. Made me better understand why I kept missing this.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
All MOBAs are toxic. Your success is dependant on your teammates but there is no mechanic in place to prevent or punish people or being bad actors.

I was going to say this too. MOBAs are pretty toxic.

Between MOBA and OW they gotta be pretty close, but I've been playing LoL more than OW recently and I'm thinking OW is perhaps more toxic right now.

There a few big differences that attribute to this:

1.) OW without a true leaderboard makes everyone think they're carrying without really realizing how shit they are.
-- On the otherhand, it does prevent some toxicity against the worst performing players... maybe a wash?

2.) OW has No Ban/Pick phase and is FFA picks during game. Meaning its much much easier to troll or get stuck in bad matchups. Your one-tricks get countered much more easily. As opposed to MOBA where you lock in and can get more favorable matches which never change throughout the game. In OW this leads to people saying "Why didn't you switch?!?!?"

3.) Without items and comeback mechanics OW games can feel much more hopeless. In MOBAs you have alternative ways to make a comeback or "scale up" in hopes you can turn it around. In OW it's simply player skill and if you get shit teammates there is really nothing you can do at all. At least in MOBA 1 player could potentially "carry" the game.

4.) LoL in particular has 10 years of building systems to combat toxicity and I feel like its in a really decent place now compared with even just a few years ago. Lane assignments have made the biggest positive impact imo, as now everyone gets their preferred role (mostly).

LoL still has toxicity, granted, but its definitely been mitigated.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I kinda question the gear stuff making something like lol easier to come back from once you get behind. Lol basically the team that gets ahead gets more gear faster so is even MORE powerful than they were than when they were dunking you. In overwatch getting behind is not giving your opponents buffs to their health/armor/shields/damage or giving them new damaging abilities. LoLs gameplay although enjoyable always feels odd. Once you start getting dunked the hill gets even steeper making a comeback less and less likely. Snowballing is a LOT easier to do in something like LOL than overwatch.

Overwatch's issue is mainly people get stubborn and won't switch off something that clearly is a bad matchup for them. They went into the game going I want to hanzo the shit out of this match and god damn it that is what they are going to do even if it makes no fucking sense.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda question the gear stuff making something like lol easier to come back from once you get behind. Lol basically the team that gets ahead gets more gear faster so is even MORE powerful than they were than when they were dunking you. In overwatch getting behind is not giving your opponents buffs to their health/armor/shields/damage or giving them new damaging abilities. LoLs gameplay although enjoyable always feels odd. Once you start getting dunked the hill gets even steeper making a comeback less and less likely. Snowballing is a LOT easier to do in something like LOL than overwatch.

Overwatch's issue is mainly people get stubborn and won't switch off something that clearly is a bad matchup for them. They went into the game going I want to hanzo the shit out of this match and god damn it that is what they are going to do even if it makes no fucking sense.

There is a gear cap eventually and you can stall out games behind turrets. And some champions hit spikes at different times. Like a 3 item bruiser can annihilate a 4-5 item AD carry in a lot of cases. Gear allows carrying but is also a comeback mechanic.. You can try to avoid the enemy if they have more items until a point you've caught up. Doesn't always happen, but it is possible sometimes.

Edit: In any case, point is that it doesn't feel as hopeless than OW imo.